Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Its really not a matter of whether Wanda could reverse the decimation. She just dont wanna.

Extraordinary Member

Everyone knows that if a character is made to do something horrendously bad that would logically prevent them from ever being a hero again, you just have to say it wasn't really them. This is Phoenix 101.

For whatever reason - possibly just his lack of interest in revisiting X-Men-related stories - Tom Brevoort has never greenlit a full retcon of Avengers Disassembled/House of M, the way Marvel retconned other idiotic plots like Tony Stark being a sleeper agent for Kang. Doom's confession in "Children's Crusade" is supposed to be unconvincing* but there has been nothing else since then and Brevoort has said he's not going to revisit it; "Children's Crusade" is all we're getting.

But, to get back on topic, if they were undoing the retcon it would mean that the X-books had been given some say in how to use her. (One reason for all the horror stories that came out of M-Day was that the X-office had no power to use Wanda and therefore didn't care about protecting her; Brevoort thought all she did was take away mutant powers, while in the X-books that followed Decimation, she was explicitly made responsible for many deaths.) Which would mean that they probably would come up with some kind of excuse to pin the blame on someone who would actually want mutant powers wiped out - maybe the High Evolutionary, he did it before. So if we're talking hypothetically about the retcon being undone, we're also talking about the possibility of having her exonerated by some new half-assed retcon.

*Though Scarlet Witch fans consider it even less convincing that she, an open mutant when the X-Men all had secret identities, suddenly turned into a genocidal mutant-hater because she didn't like her dad; between those two, "Doom did it" makes more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Its really not a matter of whether Wanda could reverse the decimation. She just dont wanna.
    As others have noted in the thread, "Children's Crusade" came up with the explanation that she could not in fact restore anyone's powers after losing whatever the "Life Force" was.

But man, that first issue of "Uncanny Avengers" really wanted us to hate the characters, didn't it? This is the downside of Brevoort's belief that angry fans buy more comics (probably true in some cases).

BANNED

This is EXACTLY, why I hate Wanda.........-_-

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

She tried to do it in Children's Crusade! She did want to.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    You know, semi-related but this retcon has caused a bit of a plot hole. Back in the OGN No More Humans, it was shown that the only ones who weren’t sent into that dimensional space were mutants. At the start of it when Magneto shows up at the JGS, he has both Wanda and Pietro with him. So at that point, this retcon and that story are conflicting one another.
    No More Mutants also depowered QS. And Wanda??? Idr.

Fantastic Member

I'd say forget the punishment but instead of wandering off with the Avengers or whatever she has to serve time with the X-Men and the defense of Krakoa.

Make her earn trust back. After all the time she distrusted her father now the roles get reversed. She has to win him back.

Maybe have her rot in a Krakoan prison for a bit.

Shrug. I mostly want Quicksilver back.

Should we really be using Remender's Uncanny Avengers run as a basis for characterization here...?
    Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    I love PAD but he totally droppped the ball on that when he had Lorna and Wanda meet up in All New X-Factor. He wrote Lorna like the older sister and Wanda was basically Mary Marvel.
    Granted, back when he wrote that they were still intended to be sisters.
    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    For sure Emma would want Wanda dead, those 3 busloads of depowered kids that the Purifiers killed would be definitely be in Emma's mind if she ever runs into Wanda. Emma was pretty devastated by the Decimation so I can't imagine her even wanting to be in the same room with Wanda.
    I think she would probably hate her for what it did to the Mutant community but I don't know if she's irrational enough to blame her for the buses blowing up. She would've only been indirectly responsible for the kids needing to leave the institute, but she didn't pull the trigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    In all those decades, she literally has two memorable stories - Darker Than Scarlet and Disassembled/House of M. Both of them involved her being evil.
    I mean, her whole romantic saga with Vision, the West Coast Avengers/Forceworks stuff that didn't involve her turning evil...

Wow...

I didn't read Uncanny Avengers but holy crap Wanda...

That's messed up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    She tried to do it in Children's Crusade! She did want to.
    And then she changed her mind according to her exchange with Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Should we really be using Remender's Uncanny Avengers run as a basis for characterization here.
    It felt like he had a pretty solid grasp on her at least.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    In all those decades, she literally has two memorable stories - Darker Than Scarlet and Disassembled/House of M. Both of them involved her being evil.

Marvel should take the hint and just keep her as a villainous succubus.
    Yeah, but no, but...

Vision, Robolove is relevant now and maybe for the future. It's not my bag, but I don't see the point to judge negatively. Honest

Scarlet Witch has a ring to it, always has. She's one the best females the avengers have to offer, her powers (reality warping) have parallels to beliefs of manifestations, law of attraction, creation through self belief, self discipline and focused focus, therefore she has something to offer, something to trigger/provoke and therefore compel.

1) There is nothing in this suggesting she could reverse it.

2) She literally did try to reverse it on Children's Crusade and literally wasn't able to.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    She's one the best females the avengers have to offer
    Thats really more indicative of how lame the Avengers characters are then anything but Im sleep.

It felt like he had a pretty solid grasp on her at least.
    I guess if you really view her in the negative .
    Thats really more indicative of how lame the Avengers characters are then anything but Im sleep.
    Different strokes all and all that .

Fantastic Member

I say try her. Say she magically removed her X-gene or whatever but throw her ass into the bottom of Krakoa. So she can bring up the other twin island or whatever. Big epic story

1. Remender

2. Solid grasp on characters more than 20% of the time

Pick one.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate