Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BANNED

"AcTuAlLy, SkAtErS r ThE rEaL oPpReSsEd MiNoRiTy!!!!" God...

Back on topic, if shes ever back to being a mutant, I feel Wandas sanction should be permanent depowering. An eye for an eye.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I only lost patience by then. I was out the minute RiRi killed off Rogue.
    It was a brutal run for all involved, I was livid, fuming, still am , but, it got better, and Rogue was given a lot of influence, action and eventually some respect over in the avengers office.

On the Axis retcon, Future fight are billing Wanda as a mutant in an upcoming update...

Or they could just save they were mutants and whatever high evolutionary did mutated them further. Then they can just have beast reverse it bring them back before the high evolutionary corrupted their x-gene.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Because it was the first issue and it spun right out of "Avengers vs. X-Men" it seemed like it was a deliberate attempt to get readers (many of whom wouldn't normally read an Avengers book) as angry as possible. It doesn't make much sense as characterization, because even if you think the worst of Wanda, what kind of an idiot would she be to make that speech at that time in that place, let alone one page after she was kneeling and weeping at Xavier's grave?

There is a real thing that this page gets at that is interesting, which is that Wanda was the most prominent post-1961 mutant who never joined the X-Men or one of the other mutant teams. That could be considered a betrayal of her people, or a fulfilment of the dream of mutant acceptance, or both at the same time, but Remender could not do this in a deft way at all, and that was a problem through the whole run. Everyone made their points in the jerkiest way possible.
    I think the problem was Remender just wanted a team with a lot of character conflict and division driving it and some of it he really had to contrive.

Its really not a matter of whether Wanda could reverse the decimation. She just dont wanna.

I have to admit, in universe, i would hate her for what she did. She did not simply depowered the mutants, she kill many of them whe she deactivated their X-Gene.

But has a reader, at some point i have to agree with her, this decade has been...ughhhh.

I personally would love the kind of drama this would bring. I already don't acknowledge AXIS I'm reasonably confident it'll be retconned in the near future. Wanda being the Judas of Krakoa would be so much fun!!

I personally feel Wanda could undue M-Day with some help. I feel she doesn't really have the power herself to do it anymore. I think if her and Strange sat down together they could maybe help guide Wiccan into using his Demiurge god powers and he could do it. Yeah a little teamwork with Wanda, Billy and Strange could definitely get the job done, maybe toss in Magik and Voodoo for backup! *shrugs*
    Last edited by Journey; 10-17-2019 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Because it was the first issue and it spun right out of "Avengers vs. X-Men" it seemed like it was a deliberate attempt to get readers (many of whom wouldn't normally read an Avengers book) as angry as possible. It doesn't make much sense as characterization, because even if you think the worst of Wanda, what kind of an idiot would she be to make that speech at that time in that place, let alone one page after she was kneeling and weeping at Xavier's grave?
    I remember it was especially jarring because I remember that before Uncanny Avengers #1 Rogue had never really seemed too angry at the Scarlet Witch.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Sometimes I get sad for a writer who has their plot completely derailed and discarded. Remender isn't one of those, but denying his contribution to the funniest moments of mutant related books would be wrong:
    - Wanda going full ******* mode on Rogue at the very first issue
    - Rogue hugging Wanda mentioning that she murdered her, but everything was ok now and basically saying "hug it out, sis, come on!"
    - Wanda and Simon suddenly becoming soulmates after pages of her telling him he's like a brother for her
    - Kluh
    - Low Evolutionary
    - Luminous
    - Havok leading an Avengers squad

The man had the chops for accidental comedy like nobody else.
    Remender was great for the first 18 or so issues of Uncanny X-Force and Venom... but, after that, I dunno, dude became convinced that there was nothing more clever than inverting names. GREEN Skull. Weapon MINUS. LOW Evolutionary. KLUH. And he started giving all his characters the same exact daddy issues.

But, the Dark Angel Saga was great. Venom until the end of Circle of Four was great.

Remender's only really good stuff is X-Force, Venom, and Rage of Ultron. And Rage doesn't even have a good plot, it just gets 10,000,000 extra points for the godlike TED Talk at the end.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

I re read Uncanny XForce 1st arc a couple months ago. It was not very good. Remender is like Aaron in that he can write an incredibly good standalone issue but when you view his work as a whole its predictable, repetitive and childish.

I re read Uncanny XForce 1st arc a couple months ago. It was not very good. Remender is like Aaron in that he can write an incredibly good standalone issue but when you view his work as a whole its predictable, repetitive and childish.
    Are you talking just Apocalypse Solution? I admit it's been a bit since I reread it, but my gut instinct is to stand by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Remender's only really good stuff is X-Force, Venom, and Rage of Ultron. And Rage doesn't even have a good plot, it just gets 10,000,000 extra points for the godlike TED Talk at the end.
    Rage of Ultron looked nice at least. And I appreciated that they went for it with that dumbass title. I was hoping for a whole series of it. Rage of Ultron. Cage of Ultron. Wage of Ultron. Page of Ultron. Mage of Ultron. Sage of Ultron. Gage of Ultron. Stage of Ultron. Phage of Ultron.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Huh. Isn’t Pymtron kind of “post-human” in a sense? Will Duggan’s Pymtron chronicles bring him to fight the Marauders?

Doing research on the run...

Did Remender really tell people upset about Havok advocating for minorities to avoid politics and just keeps their heads down to "drown in hobo piss"?

Wow...

BANNED

Apocalypse Solution automatically gets 5 out of 10 stars due to phenomenal Jerome Opeña artwork. But the book entire premise is flawed, 616 Apocalypse was never much of a threat, Psylocke and Angel were never one of the classic X love stories and the triangle with Fantomex was dumb. So was the should we kill an infant debate. Horsemen looked cool but two of them had dumb powers and the other two had dumb racist and in Pestilence case sexist stereotypes built into them. Every fight scene was punctuated by some plot twist that just ended up being Fantomex using miqdirection (that has to have happened at least a half dozen times at least). So yeah. Not a fan. Knowing all these negatives are recurrent problems in RiRi weiting that ll keep popping up again and again only lessens enjoyment more. The only positive was Angel/Logan and Fantomex/Logan flirting and that was accidental.

BANNED

I like a lot of Remender's work. Other stuff is deeply flawed later on, especially a fair amount of Uncanny Avengers. I get why people have issues with it. I did love the early Cap run and still miss Ian/Nomad, I have no idea if he's alive or dead.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Doing research on the run...

Did Remender really tell people upset about Havok advocating for minorities to avoid politics and just keeps their heads down to "drown in hobo piss"?

Wow...
    And it was amazing.