Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Apocalypse Solution automatically gets 5 out of 10 stars due to phenomenal Jerome Opeña artwork. But the book entire premise is flawed, 616 Apocalypse was never much of a threat, Psylocke and Angel were never one of the classic X love stories and the triangle with Fantomex was dumb. So was the should we kill an infant debate. Horsemen looked cool but two of them had dumb powers and the other two had dumb racist and in Pestilence case sexist stereotypes built into them. Every fight scene was punctuated by some plot twist that just ended up being Fantomex using miqdirection (that has to have happened at least a half dozen times at least). So yeah. Not a fan. Knowing all these negatives are recurrent problems in RiRi weiting that ll keep popping up again and again only lessens enjoyment more. The only positive was Angel/Logan and Fantomex/Logan flirting and that was accidental.
    Eh, I don't agree with a lot of this. Part of what Remender was doing with Apocalypse was building up the character's corner of the X-universe up to match the character's prominence. It rung true to me, especially in light of how Archangel had been approached the preceding years. I also remembered there being a lot of advocacy for getting Betsy and Warren back together before Remender did it. I had no problem with Fantomex, or the debate around the baby Apocalypse situation. Fantomex and his misdirection did maybe end up being a little overused, I guess. I liked the Final Horsemen well enough, though I guess I'll agree Ichisumi could've been handled better.

I think this is just a personal taste situation.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I like a lot of Remender's work. Other stuff is deeply flawed later on, especially a fair amount of Uncanny Avengers. I get why people have issues with it. I did love the early Cap run and still miss Ian/Nomad, I have no idea if he's alive or dead.
    His Cap stuff just never worked for me. Maybe if he'd been paired with somebody other than JRJr.

And it was amazing.
    Considering the state of minority affairs and the current political climate, "amazing" is not the word I would use.

And it was amazing.
    Amazing he didn’t get fired, maybe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    His Cap stuff just never worked for me. Maybe if he'd been paired with somebody other than JRJr.
    I also love Romita, so there you go.

At his best Remender swung for the fences with maybe ten or twenty ideas per issue. Maybe five or ten hit/worked, but that was still much better than most of the X-books at the time where they would just recycle and spin in place. When he flopped he certainly flopped. Anyway, I can't defend his tweeting behavior, but I like a lot of his work.

If amazing is defined in the sense of "causing great surprise or wonder; astonishing", then yeah, I guess it was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Doing research on the run...

Did Remender really tell people upset about Havok advocating for minorities to avoid politics and just keeps their heads down to "drown in hobo piss"?

Wow...
    Remender is critic proof, it is his way and that is it.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-17-2019 at 04:29 PM.

I'd make a case for the Dimension Z and Nuke arcs of Cap being real good.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I'd make a case for the Dimension Z and Nuke arcs of Cap being real good.
    As would I. Does anyone know if Ian is alive or dead though, seriously lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Considering the state of minority affairs and the current political climate, "amazing" is not the word I would use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Amazing he didn’t get fired, maybe.
    People were calling for his head, this board was a mess for several days. Im pretty sure #fireRemender was a big thing with several creators coming to his defense. Good times.

BANNED

Eh, Gurkle's got this handled.

Cute thread; it's been a while.

As would I. Does anyone know if Ian is alive or dead though, seriously lol
    Nobody has even touched that since Remender left. Which is a shame since Ian also had the daughter of that universe’s Steve and Sharon with him. That could’ve made for some interesting story when they got to 616.

Hail Hydra was bad and Spencer will never reveal that Kraken is Ian because Spider-Man has ruined my life.

Remender doesn't have the quality record to say stuff like that on Twitter. If Hickman told me do it, I'd do it.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

At his best Remender swung for the fences with maybe ten or twenty ideas per issue. Maybe five or ten hit/worked, but that was still much better than most of the X-books at the time where they would just recycle and spin in place. When he flopped he certainly flopped.
    I'd agree with that assessment. I felt like in the Marvel NOW era, he'd run out of good weird ideas. Well, I guess I actually don't have any big trouble with the concepts of the first two arcs, but he lost me with the Iron Nail / Doctor Mindbubble / Weapon Minus stuff. Not in the sense that I was confused, I just didn't think it was very good.

He had a couple ideas I liked in Uncanny Avengers Vol 1, but the execution fell flat. The Apocalypse Twins were cool, the Horsemen of Death could have been cool if they'd stuck with the idea of the four different kinds of horsemen and tailored the choices accordingly. I abstractly like Rogue being an Avenger.

BANNED

I also love Romita, so there you go.

At his best Remender swung for the fences with maybe ten or twenty ideas per issue. Maybe five or ten hit/worked, but that was still much better than most of the X-books at the time where they would just recycle and spin in place. When he flopped he certainly flopped. Anyway, I can't defend his tweeting behavior, but I like a lot of his work.
    Most of his ideas were just lifted from other better weiters and badly misused. His attempt at emulating Morrisson in Uncanny XForce was pretty embarassing.

I remember going from Dark Angel Saga, which was very good, to the Otherworld arc, which was not good, was such quality whiplash for me.