Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    She's an interesting character with donkey years worth of stories and mythos and so this intolerance of her character is un-X-meny.

Yeah, I wanna see her interactions with Jean, Storm, Betsy, Cyclops, Emma, Gambit, Nightcrawler and literally all the other characters, so what!!

These characters aren't insular and hive minded, gimme some character interplay, dynamics, diversities.
    For sure Emma would want Wanda dead, those 3 busloads of depowered kids that the Purifiers killed would be definitely be in Emma's mind if she ever runs into Wanda. Emma was pretty devastated by the Decimation so I can't imagine her even wanting to be in the same room with Wanda.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Hope also copied the chi powers of a newborn dragon from K'un-lun, so unless that dragon was somehow a mutant, Hope could just inexplicably copy non-mutants in that event
    I think it was like, transitive property of the phoenix. Hope could channel some Phoenix power already, and the Phoenix was connected to the Iron Fist thanks to Fongji.

Whether that makes sense is, well, a different question.

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Make her a Skrull. Problem solved forever.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    For sure Emma would want Wanda dead, those 3 busloads of depowered kids that the Purifiers killed would be definitely be in Emma's mind if she ever runs into Wanda. Emma was pretty devastated by the Decimation so I can't imagine her even wanting to be in the same room with Wanda.
    Yeah, Cool, so let's see that, I want to see epic battles, skirmishers, deep dives into power displays. The art would be glorious.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

They should just retcon all of Wanda's story with mutants. I love the Magnus family but X-fans hate her, the X-men shouldn't be anywhere close to her.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    ... what is to be done with Wanda?

If she’s made a mutant again, she falls under Krakoan jurisdiction and the right to try her for her many, many crimes

The sentence, however, would be a problem:
    • Executing her means that A) she probably falls into the resurrection protocols, and even if Xavier puts off her resurrection, her anima will probably corrupt Cerebro as surely as it did Vision’s wife, B)the Scarlet Witchcraft (no doubt tainted by Cthon and the Life Force) will pass to Billy
    • Exiling her to the deep runs the fairly obvious problem that Cthon’s already semi-psychotic Avatar/favoured meat-puppet is allowed to even crazier with nothing to do but listen to him (and while otherworld might be brought to heel in Excalibur, Elder Gods are another matter)

So what should be done?
    If they can forgett about Gorgon transforming prostitutes into stone, i think they can work around Wanda mental condition.

Karma Houdini for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    I love PAD but he totally droppped the ball on that when he had Lorna and Wanda meet up in All New X-Factor. He wrote Lorna like the older sister and Wanda was basically Mary Marvel.
    I like him as a writer too, but I felt like the biggest mistake of his second/third run with her was the replacement of her Genosha era mutant activism and then the islands destruction with her new X-Factor 243 pathos. The new story should have added to her history not attempted to be replacement pathos. Lorna in her more activist posture would have thrown down with her before eventually making up.

His do you fear you might become what you hate most idea he had with Lorna in relation to Magneto also didn't catch on because it felt like an idea that could have worked twenty years before, but it necessitated discounting the rather huge events that changed both their lives and worldviews as characters.

Lorna was in a unique position to have it out with Wanda over M-Day as Quicksilver and Magneto were too emotionally close and felt too much to blame for it. Brevoort blew his chance to do it in AvX as well though the official audio version tweaks it in a good way to make AvX #7 battle a bit more personal.

Ah well.
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-17-2019 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Lol, aye, that rings true.

I still want justice for Magma though, She needs a big ol' cathartic epic battle sequence against Wanda. She's got Mephisto to stir up some trouble too.

I don’t think they’d kill her or anything, just force her to undo M-Day in conjunction with another complementary mutant (like Synch).

Extraordinary Member

Can Wanda undo M-Day? I feel like that would just lead to problems.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    She's an interesting character with donkey years worth of stories and mythos and so this intolerance of her character is un-X-meny.

Yeah, I wanna see her interactions with Jean, Storm, Betsy, Cyclops, Emma, Gambit, Nightcrawler and literally all the other characters, so what!!

These characters aren't insular and hive minded, gimme some character interplay, dynamics, diversities.
    In all those decades, she literally has two memorable stories - Darker Than Scarlet and Disassembled/House of M. Both of them involved her being evil.

Marvel should take the hint and just keep her as a villainous succubus.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Can Wanda undo M-Day? I feel like that would just lead to problems.
    Maybe not on a global scale unless she’s joined with maybe Fabian Cortez, Synch, and some other ppl. But one and a time, sure, since she’s done it with a Rictor.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Maybe not on a global scale unless she’s joined with maybe Fabian Cortez, Synch, and some other ppl. But one and a time, sure, since she’s done it with a Rictor.
    She was still powered by the "Life Force" when she gave Rictor his powers back. She lost that power to Doom and hasn't pulled off anything on that scale since.

You know, semi-related but this retcon has caused a bit of a plot hole. Back in the OGN No More Humans, it was shown that the only ones who weren’t sent into that dimensional space were mutants. At the start of it when Magneto shows up at the JGS, he has both Wanda and Pietro with him. So at that point, this retcon and that story are conflicting one another.