Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiac View Post
    Uh the shirtless fighting. Rolled my eyes so hard I fear they might have popped out of their sockets.
    Why is the shirtless fighting so bad here, but not when O'Neil did it?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Because anything King does is like waving a red cape at these raging bulls.

Personally, I think the previews look great! Glad Mikel is back for the finale

This is just a me but coupled with all the naked Bane we've had in this run, it just feels a bit much and frankly I don't think it adds much to the fight.

BANNED

So it all comes down to a wrestling bout with Batman ready to use cheat moves like it's wrestle mania. I wonder if Catwoman is going to smash a chair on Bane's head when he is on the verge of winning.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    So it all comes down to a wrestling bout with Batman ready to use cheat moves like it's wrestle mania. I wonder if Catwoman is going to smash a chair on Bane's head when he is on the verge of winning.
    Nah, clearly the guest ref Thomas will just give everybody the stunner before walking away from the ring

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is just a me but coupled with all the naked Bane we've had in this run, it just feels a bit much and frankly I don't think it adds much to the fight.
    I actually agree that naked Bane just feels weird and unnecessary. But shirtless Bruce feels like an homage to the Ra's sword fight.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Incredible Member

Who said it wasn't weird when O'Neil did it?

When Bruce is fighting Ra's in the desert you could argue they do it because of the heat. Here...I don't know why King thinks Bane's a nudist.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post

When Bruce is fighting Ra's in the desert you could argue they do it because of the heat. Here...I don't know why King thinks Bane's a nudist.
    I think he answered it on twitter. "If you have a body like that wouldn't you be naked all the time?" or something along those lines.

Bah, I really wanted bruce and bane to go 1 vs 1. But I gueas he's doing everything with catwoman now.

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiac View Post
    Uh the shirtless fighting. Rolled my eyes so hard I fear they might have popped out of their sockets.

And kind of funny that Bruce is doing the big "lets do the manly man fight of pure physical strength" show of taking the shirt off and all, then before there is even a single punch thrown we have Catwoman helping him out & then the batarangs. Booo Bruce, you cheater.
    To be fair, Bane seems to be on Venom here, he has red eyes and the tube was clearly pumping venom into his system until he pulled it out.

Honestly I’m baffled. Shirtless hairy chested Bruce has been a thing from the Oneil days through Morrison. I don’t get it except for it’s something King did so of course it’s terrible ?

Eh. It's always been stupid. It's just really stupid here. The lives of the city and your family are on the line. There's no time for a cheesy macho contest with Bane. One that you're already cheating in, anyway xD

I've never heard anyone really commenting on the Bruce/Ra's fight attire before, compared to all the rage here.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Honestly I’m baffled. Shirtless hairy chested Bruce has been a thing from the Oneil days through Morrison. I don’t get it except for it’s something King did so of course it’s terrible ?
    I get the confusion about Bane being naked - that's a new thing - but Bruce being shirtless feels classic, to me.

I don't understand why some King fans insist on claiming victimisation every time something in his run is criticised.

Tastes vary. Don't widely accuse others without proof and try to be open minded.

I'm not a fan of the bare chest it's not the 70's or whatever era hairy was in vogue. I will however go for Dick out sword fighting please.
    Last edited by dietrich; 10-18-2019 at 06:42 AM.

Spectacular Member

I recall back in the days of the Secret Six house Bane was sometimes naked. That team had no shame.