Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    it wasn't Taylor, who did it was Jim Zub who gave Betsy her original body.
    Yeah, Taylor wrote Adamantium Agenda - the book with the reunited core Bendis New Avengers and X-23 - not Mystery in Madripoor.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I usually love line-ups including Sunspot, but if it was in 2015, I'm glad it didn't happen.
    Roberto was getting major character development back then in Avengers, being the true leader of the team while Steve and Tony were acting like children.
    Yeah, if this version of UXM had happened, New Avengers and U.S.Avengers as well as No Surrender wouldn't have happened. Not in the form we got anyway. I wonder if THAT's why it was nixed. After all, New Avengers's AIM storyline was set up in Hickman's Avengers.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-17-2019 at 07:04 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I think it's fair to judge Bunn's work outside of the X-books. The Fearless and Fearless Defenders never paid off on the promise they held either; I really wanted them to be great, but they just weren't. Venom went from great, to bad, to boring when he took over.
    I thought The Fearless was good right up until the final act of the series, the ending came off trite and formulaic, very disappointing. The Fearless Defenders had a decent first arc, but the last half of the run lacked focus and cohesion imo, it's like Bunn had a definite Valkyrie centered story fleshed out and then nothing specifically coherent going forward. I also read his Asgardians Of The Galaxy, which seemed to suffer the same issues, it felt like he had a loose collection of ideas that didn't get completely worked out before being committed to paper. Of course it got derailed by being tied in to War Of the Realms, but even before that point it was obvious the title was heading towards cancellation.

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

What a letdown, tried to do something different, but was directed to do safe.

Fantastic Member

i like the concept art but not the concept itself. it would have been interesting to see Ray lead a book...but i don't know if its the right story direction for her character development within the X-verse. i dunno. i have mixed feelings about shunting her off to space.

Might have been fun, but wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be a bore. The idea isn't that original. I feel like every hero has had a point where they've gone into more of a cosmic/space focus. It probably would've came across as just Guardians of the Galaxy, but X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Taylor wrote Adamantium Agenda - the book with the reunited core Bendis New Avengers and X-23 - not Mystery in Madripoor.

Yeah, if this version of UXM had happened, New Avengers and U.S.Avengers as well as No Surrender wouldn't have happened. Not in the form we got anyway. I wonder if THAT's why it was nixed. After all, New Avengers's AIM storyline was set up in Hickman's Avengers.
    I doubt it. This was a story about Rachel, so if Bunn couldn't use Sunspot, he would just have picked another character.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

This would've been awesome. Cullen Bunn's run with the X-books was incredibly underrated. From Magneto to X-Men Blue, he just really got these characters. I even had a chance to meet him at New York Comic Con a few weeks back. He's an awesome guy. I would've loved to see him pursue this idea.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

One guy's take...

They should have given this the go ahead just based on that the ship was powered by the Siege Perilous.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I doubt it. This was a story about Rachel, so if Bunn couldn't use Sunspot, he would just have picked another character.
    Beast would've had to be replaced as well.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It's cool how ideas are recycled.

Captain Summers = Captain Kate
    Betsy as Captain Britain

I liked his stories but I still cringe every time Magneto is called “Max”. It’s Erik Lehnsherr dammit lol... (yes I know the story..)

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

That's a shame. I enjoyed his Uncanny run, but I believe Bunn is a big fan of Rachel, and its disappointing he didn't get to write her full time.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    That's a shame. I enjoyed his Uncanny run, but I believe Bunn is a big fan of Rachel, and its disappointing he didn't get to write her full time.
    Unless Marvel stopped him, I dont get why he didnt just incorporate her into his UXM cast. Being a former Hound and tracker, she'd have been useful finding M-Pox mutants and taking on the Dark Riders

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Unless Marvel stopped him, I dont get why he didnt just incorporate her into his UXM cast. Being a former Hound and tracker, she'd have been useful finding M-Pox mutants and taking on the Dark Riders
    Could've kicked Betsy for Rachel. We've had Betsy in books since Utopia.
    "Cable was right!"

He used her in the Civil War 2 tie in, and in an alternate future in his Deadpool book. Not sure why he never put her on his main team though