Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Tunasammiches View Post
    Maybe. As long as Hickman is around... no guarantee how long that will last. Plans and designs tend to change with the guard. But I don't see this as a long term thing or even a design for longevity. In POX Hickman's already set up the fall of the mutants in the future, and peppered in hints of Sinister betraying them at some point. In HoX, he's written the humans even scarier and more radicalized. Plus evil mutants living on the same island as good ones? I just don't see this period of mutant revolution being a long-term situation. They should all just move off of earth and colonize another planet.
    Where to start. You are making huge assumptions and talking about a period way in the future. Just about everything you are saying here is flawed as a support for the prospect of a new AvX.

Hickman has a long term plan and seems very convinced he knows how to keep interest going based upon his recent interviews. We are not talking about afterwards anyway. Why worry about something that will happen 3-5 years away when the status quo will be totally different and unpredictable.

Remember, Hickman was brought in by Buckley not JDW. It is much harder to sack him.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Where to start. You are making huge assumptions and talking about a period way in the future. Just about everything you are saying here is flawed as a support for the prospect of a new AvX.

Hickman has a long term plan and seems very convinced he knows how to keep interest going based upon his recent interviews. We are not talking about afterwards anyway. Why worry about something that will happen 3-5 years away when the status quo will be totally different and unpredictable.

Remember, Hickman was brought in by Buckley not JDW. It is much harder to sack him.
    I really don't get this whole "this status quo won't last forever" mentality like none of these status closed last forever the most you can hope for is that it lasts for a really long time and then once it's done whatever character / plot developments were created have a lasting effect going forward.

I do think that Hickman's run is going to be a little different just from a creative point of view in one Fell Swoop he's managed to inject so many different creative stories what's in the X-Men after over a decade of stagnation. And there's still plenty of Storytelling potential to be had in the years to come. Like this is really impressive.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post

well, i hope you're right since i like the new status quo. i work in the entertainment industry, and one of my clients is disney, where things change and people change jobs at a rapid pace due to large salary offers, so i always operate under the assumption that things can change at any time and 3-5 years in the future, is never a guarantee, but to your point, he's making big impacts in the mythology and i'm sure they will be offering opportunities for lasting effects for the future.