Page 12 of 84 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member ShadowSwordmaster's Avatar

I was really happy to see Black Panther in action again.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    More likely than everyone else. Black Bolt just set off a bomb a couple issues ago.
    well, if that's the terregen bomb that's not exactly the same now is it? Anyway, back to the argument regarding should the GS's world have been destroyed? Yes, there really wasn't any other choice. The end of both universes I don't think so.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Freeman View Post
    You can make that arguement about anyone. Who says it's to take on Namor?
    I don't think I can make that argument about, oh, let's say Valeria Richards.

But while I have no problem with the idea that he's superhuman, again, has he done anything, other than teleporting, that he was unable to do before the boost? Whatever he's gotten, it's not so impressive that it's allowed him to do much beyond what he's always been able to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Namor is pretty sick and it was satisfying watch Panther hand him his own rear. He had it coming after last issue. I don't think Namor comes back from, at least not any time soon. He's gone too far and he's only going to get worse.
    right because prioritizing the way history remembers you over the lives of trillions is so healthy.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by runguy View Post
    well, if that's the terregen bomb that's not exactly the same now is it? Anyway, back to the argument regarding should the GS's world have been destroyed? Yes, there really wasn't any other choice. The end of both universes I don't think so.
    He sacrificed Attilan, his kingdom, so that the rest of the world could survive. Smaller scale, but not entirely different.

As to the second part, it all comes down to superheroes generally pulling a deus ex mechania solution out of their butt at the last second. A little bit of technobabble, or mystical nonsense, whatever. That it wasn't the solution this time was because, well, that's the way it was written, duh. But it's not like this is the first time superheroes have encountered universe-destroying complications, and got out of it with less moral issues.

Again, not this time, because this isn't that other story, this is this story.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    If all it took was a powerful reality warper to fix this then some other earth would have.
    Franklin Richards created a pocket universe the size of a basketball on a whim without even consciously intending to after Onslaught to create the Heroes Reborn universe. He could fit a multiverse inside a sports store bargain ball bin. Between Future Franklin and current Franklin, they really could have solved a lot of this between them.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    right because prioritizing the way history remembers you over the lives of trillions is so healthy.
    It does when you're a fictional character. The question being, how do Cap and Torch hang out with this guy in the other book now?

Clearly Namor doesn't care what people think of him in-universe. Never did. Now though, he's making Cyclops look like... I dunno, let's say Squirrel Girl in comparison.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PocketfulofKryptonite View Post
    Franklin Richards created a pocket universe the size of a basketball on a whim without even consciously intending to after Onslaught to create the Heroes Reborn universe. He could fit a multiverse inside a sports store bargain ball bin. Between Future Franklin and current Franklin, they really could have solved a lot of this between them.
    Except Adult Franklin knows about the Incursions and specifically isn't stopping them. So apparently there's a reason why he can't.

It does when you're a fictional character. The question being, how do Cap and Torch hang out with this guy in the other book now?
    who cares? in-story, that's a question they can at least save for another day. because namor isn't selfish like the rest of them.

BANNED

I don't think I can make that argument about, oh, let's say Valeria Richards.

But while I have no problem with the idea that he's superhuman, again, has he done anything, other than teleporting, that he was unable to do before the boost? Whatever he's gotten, it's not so impressive that it's allowed him to do much beyond what he's always been able to do.
    The teleporting is also part of his tech from my understanding.....

Only thing he can do so far that is outside of the tech is talk to his dead relatives.

Edit:

Also....I'm not sure why some are acting as if Namor got man handled by T'Challa. Namor was hold him up by his throat and T'Challa kept was pulling out gadgets like the claws and then the bombs just to get Namor off of him. Then the fight got interrupted.

It wasn't like T'Challa out right beat him or anything. Heck after words Namor didn't even seemed all that phased by what T'Challa attempted.....
    Last edited by Trident; 08-06-2014 at 01:56 PM.

Looks like Namor was right.

Well, I really enjoyed the issue.

My only problem with all this conflict between Namor and T'Challa, is that Dr. Strange's murder of the Society seems to be overlooked.

Obviously though I expect this to be addressed in a future issue.
    Spectre: You did this. You have done what I thought impossible. You have forced peace. The whole world. It feels....ordered. The evil is still there in people, but they're afraid to act.

Superman: They know I'm watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Stussyjones View Post
    Namor and BP >>>>>>>>>> ironman and cap.
    Come one stussy! Don't make it personal. We're friends.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    The teleporting is also part of his tech from my understanding.....

Only thing he can do so far that is outside of the tech is talk to his dead relatives.
    I've posted it twice already, so a third time seems excessive, but his teleporting is Bast powered. Go through the thread, it's the image of him holding the energy daggers.

And he could commune with the spirits on some level previously. Maybe not in the glowing Jedi kind of way, but that's how he beat Mephisto in Priest's first arc, because he had the spirits of the previous Black Panthers inside him.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    namor is a true hero and too noble for the rest of these people. two whole universes just got saved and all t'challa can think about is having his choices decided for him. while the rest of them sit around gaping like impotent foolish men. pathetic.
    No, he's not.
    Destroying a planet and killing billions in the process ?
    This is not heroic, this is tragic.
    And the cost of their arrogance and stupidity and failure in this disaster.
    Namor is no hero, what he did wasn't heroic and there's no pride to be taken out of it...
    He was a fool among a crowd of fools, he was just the only one being lucid about it...
    That gave him an edge, which is why he was the one to do what needed to be done, but not a leg to stand on afterward.
    Last edited by People Of The Earth; 08-06-2014 at 02:04 PM.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."