Page 84 of 84 FirstFirst ... 34748081828384
Results 1,246 to 1,256 of 1256
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelAngel0 View Post
    He didn't do anything by himself; he needed the other gems, did he not?

Well, yeah he didn't just wait to die, but, still, Cap's helpfulness there didn't amount to much in the long run (as of yet).
    As opposed the the helpfulness the Illuminati displayed in issue 21?

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Its not like Black Bolt can say anything
    Well he could but there would probably be no witnesses left to tell the tale afterwards

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    As opposed the the helpfulness the Illuminati displayed in issue 21?
    At least they built the bombs for Namor to use. Cap, so far, has attributed nothing; let's see what happens at the end of Cap's time travel adventure.

Also, I'm not defending the other Illuminati, as I've said for two threads now that they were hypocrites and cowards.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    You know one thing I've been wondering; what happened to Doctor Spectrum after Black Bolt defeated her? I mean she was left on 616 after their fight so she shouldn't be dead yet there was no mention of her since.
    If she's still alive, and kicking, she could end up being an interesting complication for the Illuminati. Especially when it comes to the risk of her inadvertently outing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    You know one thing I've been wondering; what happened to Doctor Spectrum after Black Bolt defeated her? I mean she was left on 616 after their fight so she shouldn't be dead yet there was no mention of her since.
    Black Bolt most likely killed her.
    On ye olde CBR

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelAngel0 View Post
    At least they built the bombs for Namor to use. Cap, so far, has attributed nothing; let's see what happens at the end of Cap's time travel adventure.

Also, I'm not defending the other Illuminati, as I've said for two threads now that they were hypocrites and cowards.
    Well he was mindwiped and kicked out, so that's probably why he didn't contribute anything.

Besides saving the universe once by himself.

Well he was mindwiped and kicked out, so that's probably why he didn't contribute anything.

I wouldn't say Cap save the universe by himself anymore than I'd say Namor destroyed a planet by himself.

Yeah, that's the upside of being mind-wiped. And really that's the point of the mind wipe. By design he wasn't supposed to get involved.

Between his trip through time and even his old man Rogers thing, frankly I'm not entirely sure he can expect a whole lot from him in the immediate future. Though I DO think he'll end up being a key player in the end.

Well, I do not see a way out of this mess... Good luck, Mr. Hickman. I do want Panther to get his revenge on Namor!

Quote Originally Posted by Namelessfrog View Post
    Well, I do not see a way out of this mess... Good luck, Mr. Hickman. I do want Panther to get his revenge on Namor!
    Yeah I know how you feel, it was quite surprising that Hickman didn't used a deus ex machina. I had the faint hope cap would find a solution in time.
    I think most of it has been already said but here a small list:
    1.) There were ways out which weren't taken, like ask Franklin Richards for help or use the gems in a different way or did they ever ask Eternity for help?
    2.) With there moral they burned there status as superheroes away in the comics and from the view of the fans. I would say the Bruce Banner/Hulk was the one with the least guilt because the bombs were already there when he joined the team and didn't kill any superhero but yeah he helped to make the way free. The other members scale up from I help to build the bomb to "I pushed the button" so they all guilty more or less.
    3.) This arc runs way to long.

Like (I)you said I want to see how he get out of this(mess) because the only way out his to say it never happened because at the end we got a reconfiguration of the whole Time-Space-Continuum which is in some way similar to what in DC's new 52 happened (restart of the multiverse). The problem isn't to say yeah we solved all of this and stopped the incursions the real problem is the new status of the "former" heroes from the view of the fans. My best guess is that all this happened in another time-line 616b if you will, if not marvel will lose a loot of money I think. There were some clues which way the 616 will be going in Uncanny Avengers Immortus said that the time-line split in to 6 different time-lines, what in Avengers 32 and 33 happened was also interesting because you see that there is a Time-War going on (which cap solve to 50%) and Franklin says there is no "real" way out.

Extraordinary Member jackolover's Avatar

Why has Black Swan stayed on Earth-616 for so long? It's because this is the prime Earth source that the Incursions are all aiming at. If this one dies, all the rest will die, so she is invested in making sure this one stays safe and the best way to do that is to help the heroes of this Earth to set up defences against all the threats that are going to come this way. Black Swan is the indicator of what goes on in Hickmans story. Black Swan could have left a long time ago, I'm sure, by the skills she has shown us so far, and her comfortable relaxation at being confined as she is. Her whole existence has been to chase one Incursion after another until she finds the one true magnet where she can make her stand, and she's now found it. Black Panther didn't capture Black Swan, Black Swan is the architect of her predicament.

If you look at how Infinity brought Thanos to Earth-616, like a moth to a flame, you can see this fits with the compiling of weapons in the one place, as though Black Swan influenced Thanos to be encased in an Amber cube all along, just as a precautionary measure for the next level of threats that were coming. Threats that are to be escalated higher and higher as the Incidents increase. Nothing happens without some intelligent reason, and all that has brought us to this point, so far, is a manipulation of events to line up all the ducks for the coming confrontation.
    Last edited by jackolover; 08-19-2014 at 07:45 PM.