Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Arrow

This one isn't for me so I won't bother picking up the first issue (there are way too many interesting comics being published these days my budget is busted lol). I hope everyone interested in this enjoys it. I like my superhero comics to star well superheroes (or at least somebody with superpowers) not their supporting cast members.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    This one isn't for me so I won't bother picking up the first issue (there are way too many interesting comics being published these days my budget is busted lol). I hope everyone interested in this enjoys it. I like my superhero comics to star well superheroes (or at least somebody with superpowers) not their supporting cast members.
    Hey no prob.

But.... since you DO like Black Cat so much, I figure you may enjoy seeing MJ in her own "catsuit".

Oh one more thing, there will be a lot of super powered villians in the book with MJ and Mysterio teaming up. A lot of this book was focused on Mysterio so it's not just a civilian only book. Again, you have other priorities but I thought I'd let you know just in case you haven't read anything on it.

And there is one plot thread in Amazing Spider-Man that will be followed in THIS book instead of Amazing Spider-Man:
    spoilers:
    The new Savage Six led by the Vulture that was setup at the end of Hunted
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Vortex85; 10-26-2019 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Hey no prob.

But.... since you DO like Black Cat so much, I figure you may enjoy seeing MJ in her own "catsuit".

She wears it very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    ....And there is one plot thread in Amazing Spider-Man that will be followed in THIS book instead of Amazing Spider-Man:

spoilers:
    The new Savage Six led by the Vulture that was setup at the end of Hunted
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I didn't care that much for Hunted, so yeah I'm still not interested.
    end of spoilers
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

spoilers:
    I didn't care that much for Hunted, so yeah I'm still not interested.
    end of spoilers
    Haha, ok, that’s fair.

I get what you mean. I feel the same way in a sense. However this was a pretty fun read. Then again I’m an MJ fanboy so I will probably like anything she’s in...especially considering that Marvel has been handling her so well lately. Artwork was fantastic. Hopefully the stakes raise a bit because so far it has the exact same feel as the Black cat solo series fear it will be too similar.

This is would be my first SpiderMan book in years and I do not regret it.

I loved this issue, aaaah Peter/MJ are just too adorable. Buuuuut MJ decision would bite her gg supervillains
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    This is would be my first SpiderMan book in years and I do not regret it.

I loved this issue, aaaah Peter/MJ are just too adorable. Buuuuut MJ decision would bite her gg supervillains

Very cool! Glad you enjoyed it!

You know I was looking at the variant covers, and it hit me that it looks like Gerald Parel has apparently chosen to model MJ on Emma Stone, which I think works really well.

Also it seems like Williams is making the case for MJ as Peter's non-powered partner, too (going by MJ's suggested rewrites for her character), which I think is worth examining, especially since the most prominent version of MJ in the comics until Spencer started using her again was RYV's Spinneret.