Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Her stalker, Jonathon Caesar, was a very wealthy man, and as such, very used to getting his way. When he was put in prison for kidnapping (Mary Jane, no less), he nonetheless still had enough pull from behind bars to get her career torpedoed. This was all way back in the early 1990s, more than twenty years before certain recent scandals surrounding abuse of power and position in the entertainment industry.
    I remember comic fans of a certain vintage attacking that as melodramatic, saying "it's trying to make being a hot model someone to be sorry for"...and man have the last few years made them all eat crow.

I wanna pull this book so badly!
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    I wanna pull this book so badly!
    Same here. And I'm not alone. My local comic shop says it has been one of their most heavily pre-ordered books of the month. I think that's a good sign.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Same here. And I'm not alone. My local comic shop says it has been one of their most heavily pre-ordered books of the month. I think that's a good sign.
    I’m so tempted. I made a promise not to buy SpiderMan books until they retcon OMD .. I’m conflicted!

I’m so tempted. I made a promise not to buy SpiderMan books until they retcon OMD .. I’m conflicted!
    You’ve been missing out on some great Peter/MJ content if that’s the case. I was won over with Spencer. You can tell he is 100% pro Peter/MJ and basically writes them as if their married anyway. Sometimes it’s easy to forget, lol.

Anyway I’ve seen two positive reviews for Amazing Mary Jane so far:
    Monkeys fighting robots 4.1/5 and adventuresonpoortaste 9.5/10.

As an MJ fan I’m quite pleased with the word on the book so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    You’ve been missing out on some great Peter/MJ content if that’s the case. I was won over with Spencer. You can tell he is 100% pro Peter/MJ and basically writes them as if their married anyway. Sometimes it’s easy to forget, lol.

Anyway I’ve seen two positive reviews for Amazing Mary Jane so far:
    Monkeys fighting robots 4.1/5 and adventuresonpoortaste 9.5/10.

As an MJ fan I’m quite pleased with the word on the book so far!
    Don’t tempt me. I heard good **** about Spencer’s run, I can’t help but feel betrayed that OMD is still lingering around years later.

Is Peter and MJ aware of it?

Don’t tempt me. I heard good **** about Spencer’s run, I can’t help but feel betrayed that OMD is still lingering around years later.

Is Peter and MJ aware of it?
    Not yet but there have been hints such as in issue 1 it shows MJ’s bare ring finger and Peter thinks on the same panel “it still feels like something is missing” regarding him and MJ. Also issue 29 ends with him having an engagement ring and narrowly missing the opportunity to propose to MJ. Further, MJ is currently in LA away from Peter by Mysterio who is working with a demon from hell. (Peter could have proposed if this was not the case). Basically, there are hints of a revisit of OMD that are strong in the book that hasn’t been this in your face since OMD 10 years ago.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 10-22-2019 at 08:05 AM.

Not yet but there have been hints such as in issue 1 it shows MJ’s bare ring finger and Peter thinks on the same panel “it still feels like something is missing” regarding him and MJ. Also issue 29 ends with him having an engagement ring and narrowly missing the opportunity to propose to MJ. Further, MJ is currently in LA away from Peter by Mysterio who is working with a demon from hell. (Peter could have proposed if this was not the case). Basically, there are hints of a revisit of OMD that are strong in the book that hasn’t been this in your face since OMD 10 years ago.
    Oh boy! You are giving me hope. How long is Spencer staying? I’m just worried of editorial mandate uk

Oh boy! You are giving me hope. How long is Spencer staying? I’m just worried of editorial mandate uk
    He has long term plans. I’m sure he will be on at least a few years. In an early interview, he claimed his run will be leading up to what he believes will be one of the biggest Spider-Man stories of all time. He also pulled a no comment when they asked if he would revisit OMD. Anyway, whatever happens I don’t think he’d show the engagement ring and have a hanging plot of Peter wanting to propose again if he didn’t intend to address the marriage of n some fashion in his run. I’m hoping for the best but am enjoying the ride regardless.

He has long term plans. I’m sure he will be on at least a few years. In an early interview, he claimed his run will be leading up to what he believes will be one of the biggest Spider-Man stories of all time. He also pulled a no comment when they asked if he would revisit OMD. Anyway, whatever happens I don’t think he’d show the engagement ring and have a hanging plot of Peter wanting to propose again if he didn’t intend to address the marriage of n some fashion in his run. I’m hoping for the best but am enjoying the ride regardless.
    Ey ey ey! I will pull her book.

I can’t believe Peter was gonna propose again! How long have they been dating?

Ey ey ey! I will pull her book.

I can’t believe Peter was gonna propose again! How long have they been dating?
    Since the first issue of Spencer’s run, so 32 issues now.

Since the first issue of Spencer’s run, so 32 issues now.
    Oof, I’ve been sleeping on real Peter/MJ content

Oof, I’ve been sleeping on real Peter/MJ content

Yeah, issue 24,25, and 29 are good ones for Peter/MJ recent developments. Going back before that, the first arc showed them dating and MJ had some good deveopment in the Heist arc, issue 10. Hunted had a background subplot with MJ alone in apartment mirroring Kravens Last Hunt but the mysterious demon villain was there while she slept.

Friendly neighborhood Spider-Man 11 is a good one too focused on MJ.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, issue 24,25, and 29 are good ones for Peter/MJ recent developments. Going back before that, the first arc showed them dating and MJ had some good deveopment in the Heist arc, issue 10. Hunted had a background subplot with MJ alone in apartment mirroring Kravens Last Hunt but the mysterious demon villain was there while she slept.

Friendly neighborhood Spider-Man 11 is a good one too focused on MJ.
    Maybe Pete will propose in ASM 42. Why that issue? The original ASM 42 is where MJ was first seen.

Astonishing Member

I would say it is time to come back. I will say this: if Marvel plays a game and keeps OMD a year from now, you can always leave ( that is my plan). I am someone who was just as ( if not even) angrier. In fact, I did not even read about comic book characters ( not just Spider-Man) until Dan Slott left the book. Basically Dan Slott had no use for MJ and I had no use for his writting ( which is why I will not read the issues I missed (Post-Silk) in Marvel Masterworks or watch his stories in cartoon form).
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 10-22-2019 at 10:17 AM.