Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 70
  1. #1
    Mighty Member Vortex85's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,293

    Default Amazing Mary Jane #1 thread (spoilers)

    Made a topic for the first issue which comes out next Wednesday.

    The preview came out today so I thought I'd post it in a new thread because it was easy to miss.

    http://www.multiversitycomics.com/pr...g-mary-jane-1/

    I'm excited for it and enjoyed reading the preview. I did think it was odd that MJ just is now noticing some of the dialogue is bad since she and Peter thought it was good while practicing in issue #29. Hm, maybe these are different or new scenes. Could also just chalk it up to different writers (Nick Spencer vs. Leah Williams)....

  2. #2
    Spectacular Member Hugo Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    242

    Default

    Question: Was the script that Mysterio whote years before he became Mysterio always about Spidey fighting Sinister Six?

  3. #3
    Fantastic Member Yvonmukluk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    Question: Was the script that Mysterio whote years before he became Mysterio always about Spidey fighting Sinister Six?
    I think it's more his dream was to become a movie maker before he ever became Mysterio, and this is the latest draft of his life story. Apparently the dialogue Peter & MJ were running through in ASM was taken directly from an old Webspinners issue looking at Mysterio's past in flashback.

  4. #4
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    I think it's more his dream was to become a movie maker before he ever became Mysterio, and this is the latest draft of his life story. Apparently the dialogue Peter & MJ were running through in ASM was taken directly from an old Webspinners issue looking at Mysterio's past in flashback.
    I have a question? I Understand that Mysterio was around at the time of ASM 91, so he could be aware of Spider-Man versus Doc Ock and how that fight led to Captain Stacy's death, but if the movie is about Mysterio, why use the death of Captain Stacy instead of Spidy versus Mysterio and change the script? Mysterio was not affected by Stacy's death. Only Peter, Otto and the Stacy's were. It makes me think that Kindred is behind the entire thing, and Kindred is NOT Harry for the same reason as Mysterio, ASM 91 did not affect him personally. Thus, Kindred is either a Stacy ( Arthur, Jill, George or Gwen ( most likely the first two) or as I suspect, Mephisto himself.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 10-18-2019 at 07:29 AM.

  5. #5
    Spectacular Member Hugo Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    242

    Default

    Kindred was human, so he isn't Mephisto... but he definitely works for Mephisto.

  6. #6
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    Kindred was human, so he isn't Mephisto... but he definitely works for Mephisto.
    I know he said he was human, but if there are two non-human characters in Marvel who are into trickery they are Loki and Mephisto. I go back to the claim that Peter cries for Gwen. How come MJ never mentioned that and she sleot with Peter for years as his wife?

  7. #7
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    44,724

    Default

    I love how the number of criminals working on set isn't what sets her off it's that she feels she's she's being devalued as lead actress. MJ knows where her priorities are .

    Art looks top-notch, dialogue is snappy, MJ sounds like MJ. Can't wait to read it .

  8. #8
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,217

    Default

    With many criminals working on the set, I can't stop thinking MJ just jump into the wolf's fangs. Like I said, it would be a perfect timing for her old Spider-Powers to reawake here.

  9. #9
    Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    With many criminals working on the set, I can't stop thinking MJ just jump into the wolf's fangs. Like I said, it would be a perfect timing for her old Spider-Powers to reawake here.
    Holy heck, could we be seeing the official return of Spinnerett?

    Liked this, getting it as soon as it drops.

  10. #10

    Default

    how much of MJ's history with "Secret Hospital" is still canon? What is her general "status" in the entertainment world now?

  11. #11
    Mighty Member Vortex85's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    how much of MJ's history with "Secret Hospital" is still canon? What is her general "status" in the entertainment world now?
    Spencer’s ASM #25 answered those questions. Secret hospital was referenced and talked about and all still canon. Further, she is known but kind of disappeared from spotlight for a while being replaced on the show, but after defeating female Electro she was all over news which put her back in the spotlight which Mysterio/Kindred took advantage of and led to this miniseries.

  12. #12
    Spider-Fan Since '95 WebSlingWonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Spencer’s ASM #25 answered those questions. Secret hospital was referenced and talked about and all still canon. Further, she is known but kind of disappeared from spotlight for a while being replaced on the show, but after defeating female Electro she was all over news which put her back in the spotlight which Mysterio/Kindred took advantage of and led to this miniseries.
    I love the fact that MJ's history with her jobs is being referenced. I remember reading those early issues with her on "Secret Hospital" and was like, when did she stop doing that??
    The Amazing, Spectacular, Sensational Web-Slinger!

  13. #13
    Mighty Member KangMiRae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    The sea!
    Posts
    1,530

    Default

    The writing in the preview is pretty bad.
    Admiral of a fleet of ships—relationships!
    Comicbooks are nothing to me without ships and romance!

  14. #14
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    44,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Holy heck, could we be seeing the official return of Spinnerett?

    Liked this, getting it as soon as it drops.
    I doubt we'll see MJ in a Superhero costume beyond her outfit for this movie.

  15. #15
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    7,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    I love the fact that MJ's history with her jobs is being referenced. I remember reading those early issues with her on "Secret Hospital" and was like, when did she stop doing that??
    Her stalker, Jonathon Caesar, was a very wealthy man, and as such, very used to getting his way. When he was put in prison for kidnapping (Mary Jane, no less), he nonetheless still had enough pull from behind bars to get her career torpedoed. This was all way back in the early 1990s, more than twenty years before certain recent scandals surrounding abuse of power and position in the entertainment industry.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •