Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default If and when Flash Thompson returns what should he be?

Should he be Venom or Anti-Venom or another persona or just back to being a civilian and supporting cast member?
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

Back to civilian.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Back to civilian.
    What about his legs? Should he have them back somehow like maybe the symbiote could’ve grown them back?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    What about his legs? Should he have them back somehow like maybe the symbiote could’ve grown them back?
    Sure why not?

If he comes back, the one hard rule should be no legs. That means a lot to people.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    If he comes back, the one hard rule should be no legs. That means a lot to people.
    Have a hard time believing that real war heroes who lost their legs are the types to whine about representation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Have a hard time believing that real war heroes who lost their legs are the types to whine about representation.
    I think that ship sailed a long time ago when they made Oracle Batgirl again. Barbara Gordon was a disability rights icon and they made her walk again. That was based on the fact that Batman got disabled in Knightfall and he got to walk again...so why not Babs?

Then you had Jane Foster Valkyrie who had cancer and then at the end, she got cured.

Superhero comics have consistently failed and betrayed in terms of disability rights representation.

That does suggest a lot of incentive for Flash to be disabled when he returns...but on the other hand, what's one more betrayal at this point?

Let him rest in peace.

He should have the same kind of mechanical leg that Karma has.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

At this point, Marvel can do whatever they feel is appropriate for Flash Thompson. As long as I have those enjoyable memories of his time as Agent Venom, then I'm adequately satisfied.

I think that ship sailed a long time ago when they made Oracle Batgirl again. Barbara Gordon was a disability rights icon and they made her walk again. That was based on the fact that Batman got disabled in Knightfall and he got to walk again...so why not Babs?

Then you had Jane Foster Valkyrie who had cancer and then at the end, she got cured.

Superhero comics have consistently failed and betrayed in terms of disability rights representation.

That does suggest a lot of incentive for Flash to be disabled when he returns...but on the other hand, what's one more betrayal at this point?
    Jesus Christ, this sounds so defeated. I'm not even mad, I just feel lowkey sad.

Cancers do get cured.

Spinal injuries can sometimes be fixed.

We can't yet rebuild lost limbs.

Plus, if the Barbara thing is a betrayal to disability rights representation, that's something that allows Marvel to shine in comparison.

I'm also not sure what storytelling possibilities are gained by making Flash more ordinary.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I think going back to being civilian would be a nice start. I think if they gave him powers again he'd just be lost in the swath of other heroes, and Brock is carrying the Venom franchise now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Plus, if the Barbara thing is a betrayal to disability rights representation, that's something that allows Marvel to shine in comparison.
    Thor is getting his arm and eye back and, while his apparent disabilities were never as integral as Oracle was, I've seen one poster claim this is equal to giving Barbara the use of her legs again.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think going back to being civilian would be a nice start. I think if they gave him powers again he'd just be lost in the swath of other heroes, and Brock is carrying the Venom franchise now.

Thor is getting his arm and eye back and, while his apparent disabilities were never as integral as Oracle was, I've seen one poster claim this is equal to giving Barbara the use of her legs again.
    The difference with Thor is that it's somewhat thematic with Odin, who also lost his eye. And Thor lost his arm in battle. One could make the claim for both that it is simply the toll of a warrior's life, so we don't have as much sympathy. With Barbara, she was defenseless in her home and left for dead. Not a warrior, but at a very, very low point in her life. So they're not really the same thing.

give him some Rand-built robot legs or something.