Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I would say it is time to come back. I will say this: if Marvel plays a game and keeps OMD a year from now, you can always leave ( that is my plan). I am someone who was just as ( if not even) angrier. In fact, I did not even read about comic book characters ( not just Spider-Man) until Dan Slott left the book. Basically Dan Slott had no use for MJ and I had no use for his writting ( which is why I will not read the issues I missed (Post-Silk) in Marvel Masterworks or watch his stories in cartoon form).
    It's pretty much the same with me. I dropped Spider-Man (and, as a matter of fact, all of Marvel) completely with OMD, but I came back when Spencer brought Peter and MJ together again. Immediately there were hints about marriage, and at least about the implications of OMD. Now it's not even hints, with Peter obviously intending to propose. Maybe it's all a tease, the proposal will never happen, and Marvel will pull the rug out from under us in the end. I am fully aware of that possibility. If so, I won't hesitate to drop the book again. But for now, Marvel is headed in the right direction--and I am very pleased to reward that.

I have wondered how many people who dropped Spider-Man with OMD, after all these years, are simply no longer paying enough attention to the comics to know that Peter and MJ are back together. Surely BitParallel isn't the only one who wasn't even aware of what's been happening. And I'm sure BitParallel is not the only one who would be eager to come back with the promise that OMD would be undone and the marriage restored.

I think the preview for the Amazing Mary Jane series looks great. I love that it promises to shine the spotlight on Mary Jane, and also to explore her relationship with Peter from HER perspective and how they will handle their long-distance status. I hope it lives up to its potential, and that it receives the attention it deserves.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I remember comic fans of a certain vintage attacking that as melodramatic, saying "it's trying to make being a hot model someone to be sorry for"...and man have the last few years made them all eat crow.
    Indeed, although judging by the reaction in some corners, I don't think it would make that much of a difference in some of those people's mentalities, sorry to say. That aside, however, I'm definitely looking forward to reading this series.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaegrin View Post
    It's pretty much the same with me. I dropped Spider-Man (and, as a matter of fact, all of Marvel) completely with OMD, but I came back when Spencer brought Peter and MJ together again. Immediately there were hints about marriage, and at least about the implications of OMD. Now it's not even hints, with Peter obviously intending to propose. Maybe it's all a tease, the proposal will never happen, and Marvel will pull the rug out from under us in the end. I am fully aware of that possibility. If so, I won't hesitate to drop the book again. But for now, Marvel is headed in the right direction--and I am very pleased to reward that.

I have wondered how many people who dropped Spider-Man with OMD, after all these years, are simply no longer paying enough attention to the comics to know that Peter and MJ are back together. Surely BitParallel isn't the only one who wasn't even aware of what's been happening. And I'm sure BitParallel is not the only one who would be eager to come back with the promise that OMD would be undone and the marriage restored.

I think the preview for the Amazing Mary Jane series looks great. I love that it promises to shine the spotlight on Mary Jane, and also to explore her relationship with Peter from HER perspective and how they will handle their long-distance status. I hope it lives up to its potential, and that it receives the attention it deserves.
    If Marvel pulls the rug, I'LL drop the book lol only time I've done that was after "Superior" (It was so boring. And bad.)

Marvel youtube channel has a spotlight on The Amazing Mary Jane in their Marvel pull list episode, has some new pics and they have a few cool things to say about it:

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I would say it is time to come back. I will say this: if Marvel plays a game and keeps OMD a year from now, you can always leave ( that is my plan). I am someone who was just as ( if not even) angrier. In fact, I did not even read about comic book characters ( not just Spider-Man) until Dan Slott left the book. Basically Dan Slott had no use for MJ and I had no use for his writting ( which is why I will not read the issues I missed (Post-Silk) in Marvel Masterworks or watch his stories in cartoon form).
    Ok you sound like you are my other half. I will take your opinion on it cuz I feel the same way about Dan Slott and OMD. Dan Slott went from ruining Spidey for me to possibly ruining Iron Man. It’s like Dan Slott had a meeting and the consensus was: 'ruin all Bitparallel’s fav characters at every turn'.
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Marvel youtube channel has a spotlight on The Amazing Mary Jane in their Marvel pull list episode, has some new pics and they have a few cool things to say about it:

Yoo Marauders too . I’m bout to go broke
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

I just read Amazing Mary Jane #1. It was worth the wait! Seriously, if you're a Mary Jane Watson fan in any capacity, this book is a must-have.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I just read Amazing Mary Jane #1. It was worth the wait! Seriously, if you're a Mary Jane Watson fan in any capacity, this book is a must-have.
    That’s so good to hear! I won’t be able to pick up and read until later today.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    Ok you sound like you are my other half. I will take your opinion on it cuz I feel the same way about Dan Slott and OMD. Dan Slott went from ruining Spidey for me to possibly ruining Iron Man. It’s like Dan Slott had a meeting and the consensus was: 'ruin all Bitparallel’s fav characters at every turn'.
    Thank you Bitparrellel. I have not read Iron Man or tbe Fantastic Four ( even though I enjoy them) because of Dan Slott., but Slott messing up Iron Man does not surprise me. I had the impression that Slott enjoyed teasing the audience ( posting comments here and coming up with the Jackpot storyline are examples of this). But above all it was his constant comparisons to Charlie Brown: Charlie Brown of course, was a failure who could not kick the football and never got the redheaded girl. That was his version of Peter: A failure who not only is not getting MJ ( RYV excluded) or happiness. I do not expect Peter to win all the time ( Amazing Fantasy 15 and ASM 121 are classic examples of this),.But neverending losing? No Way Jose. That and his treatment of MJ and Felicia got me angry most times I read the book so I had to stop. Spencer makes me enjoy and look forward to Amazing again.

I read the issue in parking lot quickly and enjoyed it. I am little surprised with MJ in this issue (won’t go into details here). I thought the phone call was cute in an goofy sort of way but there was a nice call back to spoilers:
    MJ taking out supervillains with a baseball bat
    end of spoilers! I want to go back a reread it to take my time and soak in more details and pay attention to atmosphere.

There is definitely a Leah Williams voice in the writing style and dialogue which isn’t necessarily bad it just feels a little different on a Spider-man book. It does fit that crazy premise of this storyline nicely though. It was a little heavy with the dialogue and setup in the middle but other than that it was a fun ride overall and ended in an interesting way. I am very pleased with the art and colors on the book, I think it’s perfect for a Mary Jane book. Anyway, I am intrigued and looking forward to see what goes down with all of this!
    Last edited by Vortex85; 10-23-2019 at 10:16 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    I read the issue in parking lot quickly and enjoyed it. I am little surprised with MJ in this issue (won’t go into details here). I thought the phone call was cute in an goofy sort of way but there was a nice call back to spoilers:
    MJ taking out supervillains with a baseball bat
    end of spoilers! I want to go back a reread it to take my time and soak in more details and pay attention to atmosphere.

There is definitely a Leah Williams voice in the writing style and dialogue which isn’t necessarily bad it just feels a little different on a Spider-man book. It does fit that crazy premise of this storyline nicely though. It was a little heavy with the dialogue and setup in the middle but other than that it was a fun ride overall and ended in an interesting way. I am very pleased with the art and colors on the book, I think it’s perfect for a Mary Jane book. Anyway, I am intrigued and looking forward to see what goes down with all of this!
    agree. it was a lot of fun. love the interaction with peter. i’m also a little surprised by some of the choices made both in the storytelling and by mj and intrigued to see where it goes.

spoilers:
    I wonder how much trouble Mary Jane could get into if it was revealed to the public that this movie was directed by a known criminal, funded through fraud, and staffed by a bunch of other criminals...and that she went along with it.

It's not like she can play dumb about it now.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Wonderful first issue. I like the plot and concept very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's not like she can play dumb about it now.
    She could say that she had to go along since she didn't know what these villains would do to her if she said no...that's the out there.

To me, MJ feeling pity for Mysterio while also being impressed by his skill is not dissimilar to Peter's dynamic with Boomerang.

Really enjoyed this. Thought the issue was a tad too exposition heavy, with most of it really just Quentin explaining to MJ about the set, but I can understand why it was needed. Nice to see this side of MJ sympathizing with Quentin (at least as far as she knows), and the art is really wonderful and appealing.
    Ending with Peter and MJ calling was a bit cheesy, but still really nice. Also interesting that she didn't tell Peter she knows Quentin is the one working on the film, wonder if that'll mean anything later.

Really liked. Pretty exposition-y, as others mentioned, but that's the "written for the trade" world we live in.

Honestly, Mysterio is probably less scummy than most Hollywood directors.
    Last edited by LordUltimus; 10-23-2019 at 06:22 PM.