Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    By “changing cast” I’m sure he means he’s gonna throw Karma and Mirage off the team the second Hickman leaves while the “Krakoan Outreach Team” roster stays stagnant and painfully boring. Anyways, I know we already discussed it a while back but who do y’all think aren’t going to Krakoa?
    Cebulski is supposed to be helicoptering over this book since Dani, Yana, and the New Mootants are his favorite team, so Claremont kids have the best shot at sticking around.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

As with Excalibur...I'm here for New Mutants since its announcement.
    I actually like that we'll get to see some of the other generations interact with each other...making it truly "New Mutants" in fact as well as name.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Oh God, I had completely repressed that he was part of X-Men Disassembled. Why did you make me remember this?
    I refuse to be the only one who remembers those pointless fake war-torn future issues!

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Northstar and Kyle's adopted kids

They're actually French-Canadian
    This would be nice. I really like this idea.

This is my top book of the bunch and I can't wait to read it. But honestly I need to know how they reverted Yana from Darkchilde status. I doubt we'll have any real answers on that though.

I keep thinking there is some huge bamboozle that in a year's time we're going to be like "OMG I KNEW IT!!!" when it's revealed Xavier's brain is in a jar somewhere and we're just seeing his dreams or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    As with Excalibur...I'm here for New Mutants since its announcement.
    I actually like that we'll get to see some of the other generations interact with each other...making it truly "New Mutants" in fact as well as name.
    Agreed. I'm all for the younger mutants mixing it up.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Id rather the New Mutants main team was a mix up of various generations of junior XMen and most of the OG New Mutants were scattered across the senior teams. Moonstar/Magik/Sunspot have earned their spot in the main team and keeping them all tied together is just regressive.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Id rather the New Mutants main team was a mix up of various generations of junior XMen and most of the OG New Mutants were scattered across the senior teams. Moonstar/Magik/Sunspot have earned their spot in the main team and keeping them all tied together is just regressive.
    There isn't a main team, though. Hickman loves the New Mutants, so chances are they will show up in X-men from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    There isn't a main team, though. Hickman loves the New Mutants, so chances are they will show up in X-men from time to time.
    Very true. We sometimes forget that he made Sunspot and Cannonball Avengers. Magik being a Captain speaks volumes for his love of this group too. You now Dani and Rahne aren't far behind whenever she's causing trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Gasp.
    Wow.
    And.....uh....yes.

I defer to Anduinel.
    Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Do not even joke. My fave has enough kid-centric trauma without saddling him with those two. But anyway. My stance on NM remains the same right now. I'll likely grab the Hickman-plot issues and bail on the Armor/Glob/twins stuff.
    Between his own traumatic childhood, Joanne's death, that kid that died in his arms in the Austen run, and coming back from the dead to find half the kids he'd been mentoring were murdered, and being rejected by his protege (firstly for dying and secondly for not being monstrous enough), I don't see Northstar as being too keen on parenthood. Especially not if he didn't even get a say in it.

Meta-wise, I'm not that keen on it myself because I hear enough bitching on this board about JP/Kyle being domestic and boring, and I really don't feel like going through another round.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 10-18-2019 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    My excitement for this title fades a little more each time Brisson talks about it
    Exactly. Hate how he kept mentoning the New Mutants are the X-men of the future or a B-team. He should focus on giving them their own unique goals and motivations as team rather than simply following on the X-men's footsteps.
    I don't want the Titans syndrome to affect the NM as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    By “changing cast” I’m sure he means he’s gonna throw Karma and Mirage off the team the second Hickman leaves while the “Krakoan Outreach Team” roster stays stagnant and painfully boring. Anyways, I know we already discussed it a while back but who do y’all think aren’t going to Krakoa?
    Firetrash, Justice, Molly Hayes, Great Lakes Avengers, basically every mutant not affiliated with the X-Men so that other offices can still use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Firetrash, Justice, Molly Hayes, Great Lakes Avengers, basically every mutant not affiliated with the X-Men so that other offices can still use them.
    I would like to see them confront Justice and any of the other holier-than-thou-fellow-homosuperior mutants. Also, if they confront the Runaways about Molly and end up fighting then we’re technically getting the Monkey’s Paw version of the NXM/Runaways crossover that Kyle and Yost wanted to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Cebulski is supposed to be helicoptering over this book since Dani, Yana, and the New Mootants are his favorite team, so Claremont kids have the best shot at sticking around.
    I completely forgot CB loves Dani. Hmm recalculating probabilities. Does that mean Boom-Boom’s getting rotated out?

Broissant said he liked writing her the most in X-Force so maybe she lives and the Gen Xers perish.

I just want Marvel to make 616 Ricky LaFleur a mutant so he can meet Tabby before I cease functioning.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Is Karma's 'best self' the one where she's missing a leg? Or has she just not died yet?

I'm definitely looking forward to this book, mostly for Magik, Chamber, and some character work with the real Mondo. Plus the Sienkiewicz-esque art is gorgeous minus the sometimes confusing frenetic quality of Sienkiewicz's work.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'