I'm kinda into this. I like the scope of it as it seems to be looking to explore the ramifications of it across the line. They don't seem to be shying away from the impact it'd have on his job and it should be fun to see people like Luthor (which seems to presuppose Luthor returns to something like his normal self eventually). I like it far better than the scenario that BC cooked up (time to take the "L" Rich) which would have been gross and just unseemly IMO.

I particularly like that he's going to explore it from the angle of why does he have this secret, who is he really protecting and what is the cost of that. The idea that secret identities are necessary to protect their loved ones really is kinda strained, particularly in Superman's case because it's not like his association with Lois, Jimmy, Perry, or the Daily Planet in general is any real secret or ever has been. There's been a push recently to drop a lot of them and it's pretty telling that in most other media this gives way pretty quickly because it's seen as a shitty way to deal with people you supposedly care about.

The interesting thing will be how Bendis explores Clark's role as a reporter. He talked a lot about how that was one of the only things he choose to do for himself, the rest being his birthright, so I'm glad that the choice he's making to give that up is also for himself. Exploring what that means, and whether the UP stuff and however else it works out, fills that roll could be interesting.

Also, there are supposedly two one shots that are going to deal with this. This one, and presumably a "Villians" version.

As for the longevity of it all. Well, I'm of the opinion that DC has likely been told from on high that their publishing model needs to change. The parring down to a smaller number of books and the emphasis on the imprints and young adult lines is pretty significant. The audience for monthly floppies is a fraction of that of books like Smile, Dog Man, and the like. But we'll see.