Default The Rock loves Superman

Dwayne Johnson The Rock gives high praise to Superman as his favorite superhero of all time. It warms my heart so much.

It also seems interesting just how much he mentions him in his Black Adam movie presentation. His movie comes out in 2 years.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

The rock also thought superman is too tame/non reliblious to be his favourite when he grew up. That is blatant misunderstanding. I gues he can't help it. It is the perception. This is why i want the goldenage guy back.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    The rock also thought superman is too tame/non reliblious to be his favourite when he grew up. That is blatant misunderstanding. I gues he can't help it. It is the perception. This is why i want the goldenage guy back.
    that's not what he said...

If I were cynical (who, me? ), I'd say the Rock is using Superman to frame a narrative for the many, many fans out there who don't know about Black Adam. He tells us who Black Adam is (a guy whose personality is not Superman's) and what he can do (has Supes' powers). Love of Superman is really not all that relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    If I were cynical (who, me? ), I'd say the Rock is using Superman to frame a narrative for the many, many fans out there who don't know about Black Adam. He tells us who Black Adam is (a guy whose personality is not Superman's) and what he can do (has Supes' powers). Love of Superman is really not all that relevant.
    But you are a cynical.

The Rock still used Superman in his Black Adam comparison. He knows how iconic Supes is. He could have used a cynical superhero like Batman but he didn't..

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    that's not what he said...
    He said "superman is a hero i could never be. I was too rebellious. Too rambunctious. Too resistent to convention and authority"
    He has no reason to think that.but,he does. Goldenage guy would have knocked that perception across the city.we don't need no black adam for that.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    But you are a cynical.

The Rock still used Superman in his Black Adam comparison. He knows how iconic Supes is. He could have used a cynical superhero like Batman but he didn't..
    In this case, Superman is the much better reference point than Batman, since Batman has no powers and has a goofy pretend voice.

But I know the Rock has said many times make him a Superman-level comic character or don't bother, so I figure aspects of the Superman lore are interesting to him. That's a plus.

He said "superman is a hero i could never be. I was too rebellious. Too rambunctious. Too resistent to convention and authority"
    He has no reason to think that.but,he does. Goldenage guy would have knocked that perception across the city.we don't need no black adam for that.
    You could say the Rock is wrong in his Superman assessment, but I'll spin this positively and focus on the part where he discusses his "troubles." Superman is too good for him, too high a moral standard.

EDIT: So I checked to see if the Rock had run-ins with the law, and he did: check fraud, fighting, and theft. So I think his comments about being rebellious and such are more about him than Superman.
    Last edited by DochaDocha; 11-15-2019 at 09:34 AM.

Dude really wanted to see Black Adam and Superman throw down lol. I’d love to see that no lie.

I believe The Rock genuinely likes Superman because he always showed appreciation for him. Anyone remember that parody on SNL lol

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-l...k-kent/2861360

But that's the problem right there. The Superman you love most and that I love most is a Superman from at least three or four realities and six decades ago.

I see Dwayne Johnson was born in 1972 so his Superman would have been the Superman of the late 1970s and early 1980s who, for the most part, would fit what he described.

He has every reason to think as he does because the Superman of the GA only rarely shows himself in later decades and that "Defender of the Status Quo" image has been one that they've desperately tried to break him free of.

At any rate, looking forward to seeing him as Black Adam. Looks like they are bypassing the idea of him as a villain and making him more of an anti-hero.
    Power with Girl is better.