Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
He’s different enough from Wally to me and Wallace and Wally are different enough names that I’m not really seeing the problem.
But it is the same name. It is like if DC created another Richard Grayson to be Robin, but called him Richard while the original one is called Dick. They still have the same name. I guess my whole issue with his name is that as long as he is called Wallace/Wally that name will forever be a thread tying him to why he was originally created, which was to replace the original Wally for the New 52. His name will be a constant reminder of that and it isn't something I can personally move past.

In the comics there isn't a reason anymore why he needs to be called Wallace/Wally other than wanting to keep him tied to the Flash TV show, but in a handful of years when the show ends and everyone has moved on from it he will still have this name attached to that show and from a time when DC tried to replace the original Wally with him. I'd rather see DC just change his name and completely cut off that thread tying him to that time so he is completely separated from it.