I haven't read Flash since earlier this year (just bought a ton of back issues to catch up) and don't read teen titans, but I think it's clear that the character has some very difficult obstacles considering a very problematic origin.

For years DC tried emphasizing that this was THE Wally West, and that the original ginger who developed a long career and transition into adulthood before our eyes and defined what a legacy hero is didn't matter. That eventually folded, OG Wally is back, and it makes young Wallace look very very redundant. It's very difficult to escape that nightmare of a conception. The very core idea of his creation has been contradicted.

Ascended commented that he has a distinct personality and set of relationships, but I've never seen him really break through in this regard. He's got a relationship with Iris, but it's a very typical one, and he's got the latest teen titans, where he's not treated too well from what I've seen. It doesn't help that his uncle-father was some forgettable, cheap imitation of a classic villain in Reverse Flash. After a few years of reading Flash I don't really know what his hobbies are. So what's left, really? Just a nondescript teenager with cliche angst and no concrete traits. It seems harsh but it's just my impression.

Could he work with a good story and an appropriate place in the universe? Sure. Barry needs a Kid Flash anyway. But it doesn't seem like he has enough going for him. He was created as a strange replacement of someone who has fully returned. I don't know what to do with him.