Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    It's confusing that they call N52 Wally, Wallace. Raven always called OG Wally, Wallace.
    While sort of understandable, that time when she did have obviously changed now (and hopefully it'll stay that way).

BANNED

I don't see why NuWally can't be from a different universe.
    After all, he has nothing else going for him.

Astonishing Member

The main reason his name is dumb is that his mother ostensibly hated the Wests and would've never named him after Daniel's grandfather. But no one actually cares about Wallace's character premise because it's so atrocious

BANNED

Earth 8 pre crisis.

Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    The main reason his name is dumb is that his mother ostensibly hated the Wests and would've never named him after Daniel's grandfather. But no one actually cares about Wallace's character premise because it's so atrocious
    ????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster_J View Post
    ????????????
    Wallace’s mum hated Wests and kept him away from that side of the family.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster_J View Post
    ????????????
    That is Wallace's backstory. It's why he's such an enormous little asshole at the start. His entire retcon requires so many ass backwards justifications.

Heck, his last name shouldn't even be West. It made sense when he was just supposed to be Wally and his dad was Rudy, but the retcon to Daniel fucks it all up. Daniel wasn't old enough to get married when Wallace was born. So he should have his mother's last name.

This is just logically why his name makes no sense. It's kind of a moot point right now because no one who's interested in his continued use cares that much about the first...3 years of his existence. Not that I blame them.
    Last edited by Dred; 12-14-2019 at 06:22 PM.

@Grandmaster_J -Have always loved your avatar

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

This thread is long but I don't think I answered yet, and my OP answer is "unnecessarily confusing"
    Cousin Wallace is fine. It's not like he's the same age, personality or costume as the others that you need a different Earth. He's different enough he can exist alongside the others.

moving Wallace to another earth or changing his origin to another Earth would do nothing for the character except make him easier to be ignored or killed.
    I dont disagree

But having the same name Wallace-Wally West as someone else, I fear its easier for DC to ignore him, forget him or even deliberately erase him from existence. Especially with all the changes of writers that happen at DC and new writers talking over all the time. They got another Wally West, its easier to forgot anything is missing or they will change their minds and want only one WW to exist. They already booted him out of a stable top comic like The Flash, what if Teen Titans gets cancelled. That could result in Wallace being in limbo, then eventually get forgotten. He doesnt have a big,devoted fanbase yet that will cry out to DC, if he is no longer showing up.

Similar thing happened to 2 Dinahs, mother and Daughter Dinah Drake and Dinah Lance, one of them got benched then erased with the new 52 reboot. Only one is showing up now.
    Last edited by HunterX; 12-14-2019 at 09:05 PM.

Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar

That is Wallace's backstory. It's why he's such an enormous little asshole at the start. His entire retcon requires so many ass backwards justifications.

Heck, his last name shouldn't even be West. It made sense when he was just supposed to be Wally and his dad was Rudy, but the retcon to Daniel fucks it all up. Daniel wasn't old enough to get married when Wallace was born. So he should have his mother's last name.

This is just logically why his name makes no sense. It's kind of a moot point right now because no one who's interested in his continued use cares that much about the first...3 years of his existence. Not that I blame them.
    I know of his delinquent history but was unaware of his mother's issue, I would love to have seen on screen.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post

@Grandmaster_J -Have always loved your avatar
    Thx!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    I dont disagree

But having the same name Wallace-Wally West as someone else, I fear its easier for DC to ignore him, forget him or even deliberately erase him from existence. Especially with all the changes of writers that happen at DC and new writers talking over all the time. They got another Wally West, its easier to forgot anything is missing or they will change their minds and want only one WW to exist. They already booted him out of a stable top comic like The Flash, what if Teen Titans gets cancelled. That could result in Wallace being in limbo, then eventually get forgotten. He doesnt have a big,devoted fanbase yet that will cry out to DC, if he is no longer showing up.

Similar thing happened to 2 Dinahs, mother and Daughter Dinah Drake and Dinah Lance, one of them got benched then erased with the new 52 reboot. Only one is showing up now.
    They are much more likely to ersse Wally over Wallace. They already do in recent elseworlds

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

That's just not true. Kids get their dad's last name whenever we know who he is. There's no need to a child be born inside of wedlock for that.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

In hindsight I probably wouldn't name him Wally West II or Kid Flash. I rather give him his own name and look like Impulse.

Right now he just needs good stories and a consistent home.

Mighty Member

I don't see why NuWally can't be from a different universe.
    After all, he has nothing else going for him.
    Only because writers don't bother to have ANYTHING going for him.