Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

edit: nevermind.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    God, DC seems at a bad place.
    Wasn't Snyder planning a 50 issue run on JL? Why is he leaving already?
    JLD's solicitation makes me really worried about that book.
    BOP being turned into a one-shot is disastrous.
    And Doom Patrol is gone yet again.

Honestly, only Taylor's Suicide Squad makes me excited.
    I agree. One can't help but think that DC just needs new management at this point.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    Still looking forward to Teen Titans especially after this week's issue. Looking forward to reading Birds of Prey, and maybe checking out Suicide Squad. As of right now Teen Titans is still the only book I have been buying monthly. So we will see.
    I'm starting to think that the Other is actually Dick/Ric somehow.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I'm starting to think that the Other is actually Dick/Ric somehow.
    I was thinking the Other was Suren or a Damian clone. Dick is to busy with Talons in his book.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I would guess that the entire JL line will be relaunching. So you'd be right to worry about Dark. Should've held back on that logo change, DC!

Flash and Batman are the only ones of those with two regular issues solicited. The second Tec is an annual, JL and WW both only have one issue listed.
    You are correct; I spoke too soon.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Thoughts:

- So what's going on with BoP? They couldn't get Azzarello to stick around for a full series? They just wanted to have some Black Label material out there in-time for the movie? The Conner/Palmiotti book seemed like a safer bet?

- "Batman has a new plan for Gotham City" is it based around his plan at the end of Tynion's 'Tec? Although it will probably not go anywhere beyond Tynion's run.

- Jim Gordon as part of the Batman Who Laughs' Secret Six still seems a bit much...granted, a lot about the Batman Who Laughs seems like a bit much.

- I wonder if Aquababy will be used as a reason for Arthur to retire as Aquaman for 5G. Also, yay! Shirtless and no beard Aquaman .

- Surprised it took them this long to bring back Babs' mom...who is also named Barbara.

- "The Secret Six may have met their match when they faced the combined might of Superman and Batman" no offense to the World's Finest, but really? I mean, aside from Gordon, the Secret Six is pretty overpowered.

- I kinda hate to some degree that Alfred dying will be the biggest consequence of King's run. Although I wonder if this is just to take him out since 5G will retcon everything and he'll probably die a different death...

- Are they really going to take Wally's kids away from him again ?

- Surprised Golden Glider is teaming-up with Barry to overthrow her brother. I thought she was even more of a villain then he was. But it doesn't sound like Barry is quite so successful in toppling The Rogues going by the next solicit.

- The Freedom Fighers got a 12-issue series. I never would've thought in this day and age.

- So the Gotham City Monsters fight their classic incarnations? Should be fun.

- Is it too much to hope for Batwoman to bust Harley and Ivy rather then aid them? Probably. But, uh...great job on queer representation?

- Atom and Shayera is an interesting dynamic. I don't recall them ever meeting in Post-Crisis.

- Holy crud, the 2002 cartoon He-Man!? I loved that version !

- Snyder is off Justice League? That's surprising...maybe he just needs time to construct the next Crisis event story.

- So, does Wonder Woman turn herself into the furies on that JLD cover?

- Cyborg fans are probably going to hate that redesign.

- I'm not really looking forward to a Bendis-written Damian with the Legion. And "Planet Gotham?" Seriously?

- "Talon made a mess of his current life, and now Ric has to start putting it all back together." But...but nobody care's about Ric's life.

- The Question actually works surprisingly well as a Western hero.

- Time for some romantic angst with Jason and Artemis!

- So I take it the Squad on the cover of issue #1 all gets killed off except for Harley and Deadshot and the members that Taylor has been showing off are the actual members.

- Wonder Woman needs to save Supergirl? Kind of a bit of failure on your part, Kal...

- So The Other is connected to Damian? I guess that narrows it down, but not by much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    [*]I'm gonna give Tynion's Batman a try but I HATE it when they try to make Deathstroke into a Batman villain. He's a Titans villain. Here's an idea, DC: INVEST in the Titans franchise instead of relegating them to being second-stringers. Take notes from Hickman's X-Men relaunch.[/LIST]
    At this point Deathstroke is as much his own IP as he is connected to the Titans.

But I doubt Tynion is making Cheshire a Batman villain so Slade's presence probably just serves whatever stories Tynion is telling
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I wonder if there's a reason Green Arrow doesn't seem happy about Superman's reveal on Hitch's cover. (Aqauman doesn't look happy either, but that could just be him)
    I'm surprised people seem as happy about that on the cover as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    - The Question actually works surprisingly well as a Western hero.
    We've had the classic "Man with No Name," - only natural to have a "Man with No Face."

- So what's going on with BoP? They couldn't get Azzarello to stick around for a full series? They just wanted to have some Black Label material out there in-time for the movie? The Conner/Palmiotti book seemed like a safer bet?
    Glad to see it a one-shot, myself.

- Jim Gordon as part of the Batman Who Laughs' Secret Six still seems a bit much...granted, a lot about the Batman Who Laughs seems like a bit much.
    Yep.

- I wonder if Aquababy will be used as a reason for Arthur to retire as Aquaman for 5G.
    Maybe. Not sure how that ties in with how worried Mera was about them having time for parenting.

- Are they really going to take Wally's kids away from him again ?
    I'd like the answer to be "no." But with DC....all bets are off. I think I'd be almost more annoyed if the answer was that Wally make the the noble, self-sacrificing gesture for the fate of the universe or whatever and still get them back. I'm not big on that instead of fighting back. Still annoyed they made Barry setting the past right a destructive thing. Though we have Manhattan in that now, too, and some retconned-in conflicting info.

- Surprised it took them this long to bring back Babs' mom...who is also named Barbara.
    Not really happy with how they've handled Barbara's mom (or rather, Jim's ex) in the past. And kinda wish they'd rename her Eileen.

- Holy crud, the 2002 cartoon He-Man!? I loved that version !
    Me too. But I absolutely hate the (much older, but fortunately never made to the screen) idea of Skeletor as Randor's brother.

- Cyborg fans are probably going to hate that redesign.
    As well they should.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    BOP being turned into a one-shot is disastrous.
    I was baffled about the plans for Birds of Prey until now. It was going to be an ongoing monthly DC title from Brian Azzarello and Emanuella Lupacchino, with #1 solicited for October 30, but then that effort fell into a black hole until now. Meanwhile, there was an unrelated announcement of a 4-issue Black Label "Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey" series by Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner, launching in February.

Now I see what they did. It looks like they took the first arc of the Azzarello/Lupacchino book, aged it up a bit - some black & white pages posted by Lupacchino already looked pretty violent, so I guess they are now adding some salty language - and added an ending (or, will be "continuing" it in the next book). The one-shot's 96 page count is just shy of the typical arc's page count. (Isn't that a lot of pages? Has any Black Label book been that thick?)

Too bad. I was looking forward to regular interior art from Lupacchino.

Nothing in these solicitations interests me.

The Supergirl book is such a mess. It has been a slave to books and events outside of itself since it came back, which is just awful.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Maybe Red Hood: Outlaw 42, although the last 2 issues bored me to death. Might give Batman a look now that King is off the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Not really happy with how they've handled Barbara's mom (or rather, Jim's ex) in the past. And kinda wish they'd rename her Eileen.
    I still can't quite figure out whether Barbara and her mom having the same name is good kind of funny or bad kind of funny .
    Me too. But I absolutely hate the (much older, but fortunately never made to the screen) idea of Skeletor as Randor's brother.
    It didn't bother me much, but that might have been because they never made it too big a deal on the cartoon.

I still can't quite figure out whether Barbara and her mom having the same name is good kind of funny or bad kind of funny .
    It wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't introduced Jim Jr. and hadn't made Barbara adopted. If they are both bio kids, then their parents have no originality in names. But I guess if a junior is good for a boy, it's good for a girl. Fair's fair. The niece and wife same name is just a coincidence and happens all the time in the real world, but there was no reason for it. I can't recall - did it come about because Earth 2 Mrs. Gordon was named Barbara (after daughter Barbara was introduced in Earth-One?).

It didn't bother me much, but that might have been because they never made it too big a deal on the cartoon.
    I thought it never happened in the cartoon? I thought it was planned for Filmation version, but show ended before then. I know it wasn't in 2002 version. And in that particular reality (not one with an Anti-He-Man), he'd never have been a prince anyway, since Randor only became king after Keldor became Skeletor, and Miro was only a soldier, not a king. I know it made it into several comics, though.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Oh so now Superman revealing his identity is a good thing instead of a disaster

At least there's something to look forward to in Aquababy

But... Babs doesn't have a bad relationship with her mother. They settled that.

The Batman team need to start dealing with repercussion of their writing themselves. Don't throw it to Tomasi just because he wrote that one awesome Damian Requiem issue.

Well at least Wally wasn't the only one thrown into prison for having volatile powers

Ooh. Batlesbians incorporated

Possessed/Berserk/Witch Wondy is still going? I feel like that's been going for a long time

Stories set in Legion's gonna effect DCU moving forward how? Damian's gonna carry future virus when he went back home?

Lol, William Cobb's defeated by Ric Grayson. He started so intimidating in The Court of Owls and getting more and more **** with every appearance.

Wait I thought BOP said Harley's free from the Squad?

Snyder's off the League... probably prepping for Crisis of Infinite Timeline.

I'm sorry I lost count on which Green Lantern is the one in Far Sector. Is that different from Teen Lantern

Just Oracle for me and maybe David Mazouz: Speed Racer.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-18-2019 at 04:54 PM.

FLASH FORWARD #5
    written by SCOTT LOBDELL
    art by BRETT BOOTH and NORM RAPMUND
    cover by EVAN “DOC” SHANER
    variant cover by INHYUK LEE
    Wally West has gotten to the heart of his mission to save the Multiverse...and the heart he found was his own. When it’s discovered that the dark multiversal world that’s threatening all of existence is the world in which Wally’s children are alive, our hero must overcome his greatest fears, regrets, and anger to do what’s right. But what’s right is the hardest thing anyone would ever imagine doing...letting go.

they really want to ruin wally