Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Yikes, all of this looks terrible, especially without Bat/Cat.

Bring on the reboot. It’s desperately needed.

Oh Shazam is back. That was unexpected. lol

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I wonder if there is something going on with Bat/Cat and if it will turn into a Black Label book with a truncated issue so it can be done before the next mega event?

There was a lot of hub-bub of King writing a hundred issues I don't know why it his final arc cannot be 3 over sized issues.

Spectacular Member

It'll be interesting to see next month's Detective Comics solicits. If it resumes with two regular issues (one issue plus an annual this month), then it's number will exceed Action Comics for the first time since the 1970's. That would kind of seem right, since Detective debuted before Action.

I actually agree with the change DC made in the classic Jonah Hex collection. The new solicit only collects his appearances before Jonah Hex #1, rather than those appearances plus some of his ongoing series. Looking forward to that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    It wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't introduced Jim Jr. and hadn't made Barbara adopted. If they are both bio kids, then their parents have no originality in names. But I guess if a junior is good for a boy, it's good for a girl. Fair's fair. The niece and wife same name is just a coincidence and happens all the time in the real world, but there was no reason for it. I can't recall - did it come about because Earth 2 Mrs. Gordon was named Barbara (after daughter Barbara was introduced in Earth-One?).
    I forgot about Jim Jr.

I guess the Gordon's just don't really make much of an effort on names .
    I thought it never happened in the cartoon? I thought it was planned for Filmation version, but show ended before then. I know it wasn't in 2002 version. And in that particular reality (not one with an Anti-He-Man), he'd never have been a prince anyway, since Randor only became king after Keldor became Skeletor, and Miro was only a soldier, not a king. I know it made it into several comics, though.
    I thought it was hinted at, if not explicitly stated, in the 2002 cartoon.

What is it with Bendis and having characters lose or ditch their secret identities? I'm sure the details will be different, but geez this is reminiscent of his Daredevil run. That, on top of the fact we literally just had this whole Superman-loses-his-id conceit a few years ago prior to Rebirth. They're recycling ideas at much too rapid a rate, and it's not something that makes me want to read the books. Perhaps it really IS time for Didio to move on. His tenure is beginning to feel like a gamer who constantly hits the reset button because he isn't getting the playthrough he wants on the first level.

The Man of Steel by Byrne omnibus is long overdue though - and the Spectre Omni and Weird Westerns HC are definitely solicits I'm interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Oh Shazam is back. That was unexpected. lol
    So who’s the new marvel? I’m intrigued, but with the overall lateness of the book, I may just trade wait on it.

BANNED

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ssnyder18...7982319620?p=v
    It looks like Snyder's planning a different form of chapter for his third act. Prepare for crisis 2020 "Krypton" .

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Oh so now Superman revealing his identity is a good thing instead of a disaster

At least there's something to look forward to in Aquababy

But... Babs doesn't have a bad relationship with her mother. They settled that.

The Batman team need to start dealing with repercussion of their writing themselves. Don't throw it to Tomasi just because he wrote that one awesome Damian Requiem issue.

Well at least Wally wasn't the only one thrown into prison for having volatile powers

Ooh. Batlesbians incorporated

Possessed/Berserk/Witch Wondy is still going? I feel like that's been going for a long time

Stories set in Legion's gonna effect DCU moving forward how? Damian's gonna carry future virus when he went back home?

Lol, William Cobb's defeated by Ric Grayson. He started so intimidating in The Court of Owls and getting more and more **** with every appearance.

Wait I thought BOP said Harley's free from the Squad?

Snyder's off the League... probably prepping for Crisis of Infinite Timeline.

I'm sorry I lost count on which Green Lantern is the one in Far Sector. Is that different from Teen Lantern

Just Oracle for me and maybe David Mazouz: Speed Racer.

Personally glad that Tomasi is handling the aftermath of Alfred's death. Don't trust King will do it Justice.

Bendis can't write Damian I wish he'd just stopping using him. Just focus on the Robin he writes well. Tim
    can't believe Dc is dragging Ric out so long.

Tec Annual with Tomasi
    Teen Titans by Glass
    Aquaman for Aquababy
    Tec
    Batcat wedding issue Earth 2
    Jl
    Jlo

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    What do you mean? Far Sector is a Young Animal book.
    Black Label now.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Not according to this, posted only four days ago.
    https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2019/1...-to-far-sector

Young Animal is supposed to be unaffected by the line branding changes - same as Bendis's Wonder Comics.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Geez, what an awful month. I’m getting two things and the rest look awful.

Flash Forward 5
    Shazam 10........we will see if it actually comes out on time.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    Yikes, all of this looks terrible, especially without Bat/Cat.

Bring on the reboot. It’s desperately needed.
    No. More. Reboots.

We just need a change in the leadership.

Spectacular Member

Forgot to mention: I haven't seen DC War Giant #2 solicited, so I guess #1 was just a one-shot.

Fantastic Member

Agreed, you just need to change who is steering the ship. I think a lot of these books could be great if writers were able to do what they wanted creatively but still have someone maintaining continuity.