Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default DC January 2020 Solicits

https://www.cbr.com/dc-comics-solici...-january-2020/

I didn't see a thread for this so I decided to make one. Anyway, a few thoughts:

• I will say that DC does seem to be handling at least one team's relaunch well. Tom Taylor's Suicide Squad looks very interesting to me so far.

• I'm still liking Bendis's Superman. He's not afraid to take chances with the mythology and I really like that. It'll be interesting to see the fallout of revealing his identity...again. But hopefully this time its handled much better than last time.

• I'm gonna give Tynion's Batman a try but I HATE it when they try to make Deathstroke into a Batman villain. He's a Titans villain. Here's an idea, DC: INVEST in the Titans franchise instead of relegating them to being second-stringers. Take notes from Hickman's X-Men relaunch.

Amazing Member

I'm sure the only reason that Superman is revealing his secret identity is because a Crisis is coming, and the aftermath will probably reset that.

Also, Snyder is leaving JL. I hope Tynion takes over. His issues have been the best ones, IMO.

-Definitely a fan of a Young Justice, Wonder Twins, and Naomi crossover
    -Suicide Squad looks good...and is that Lagoon Boy?
    -Superman revealing his identity and from the looks of things not ruining his life could be a neat story
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Superman's going in the complete opposite direction the character should go in. Just looks awful, and that's not even bringing in the eventual 5G nonsense. And I don't think the Crisis will reset it. If anything I think the Crisis will only double-down on it since that's when Jon is laughably becoming Superman. The outed secret identity will still probably be in play with the only difference being that Superman is retired or something. This whole think stinks to be only to accommodate making Superman a legacy franchise along with everything else in the verse.

This is it for me outside of Black Label and other outside projects.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-18-2019 at 10:27 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I'm sure the only reason that Superman is revealing his secret identity is because a Crisis is coming, and the aftermath will probably reset that.
    Was there some fairly big other event in a character's life that happened right before the Flashpoint reboot? Whatever it was, it was something I read about, not something I read myself. An engagement or wedding, maybe?

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Oh Snap, I didn't expect Snyder to be off Justice League.

I mean with all of this Year of Villain stuff I would have thought there would have been a longer wind down before the status quo changes again.

No Batman and Catwoman #1? I thought it was supposed to launch in January......
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

I’m considering dropping Batman and the outsiders. But here’s a thought; if supes is revealing who he is, and Jon takes over for him, won’t his enemies know who he is?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

*I thought the remaining biweekly books (Flash, WW, Batman, Detective, JL) were going back to monthly in January?

*Looks like the Dollar Comics and Facsimile Edition lines are just vehicles to reprint even more Batman stuff. Sigh...

*Man of Steel by Byrne ominbus?!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

The cover to Terrifics looks like DC's trying to ween people off it so they can cancel it.

Meanwhile, Vertigo and Young Animal are now officially dead.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 10-18-2019 at 11:29 AM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

What do you mean? Far Sector is a Young Animal book.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

God, DC seems at a bad place.
    Wasn't Snyder planning a 50 issue run on JL? Why is he leaving already?
    JLD's solicitation makes me really worried about that book.
    BOP being turned into a one-shot is disastrous.
    And Doom Patrol is gone yet again.

Honestly, only Taylor's Suicide Squad makes me excited.

I would guess that the entire JL line will be relaunching. So you'd be right to worry about Dark. Should've held back on that logo change, DC!

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    *I thought the remaining biweekly books (Flash, WW, Batman, Detective, JL) were going back to monthly in January?

*Looks like the Dollar Comics and Facsimile Edition lines are just vehicles to reprint even more Batman stuff. Sigh...

*Man of Steel by Byrne ominbus?!
    Flash and Batman are the only ones of those with two regular issues solicited. The second Tec is an annual, JL and WW both only have one issue listed.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Still looking forward to Teen Titans especially after this week's issue. Looking forward to reading Birds of Prey, and maybe checking out Suicide Squad. As of right now Teen Titans is still the only book I have been buying monthly. So we will see.

I wonder if there's a reason Green Arrow doesn't seem happy about Superman's reveal on Hitch's cover. (Aqauman doesn't look happy either, but that could just be him)