Thread: Red Winter

Default Red Winter

Anyone else reading this? The plot pacing is super quick! Can't blame the creators for slow burning. It's non-stop this book.
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Absolutely!
    I definitely recommend this to everyone who'd like Brubaker's "Criminal," with a touch of Kirkman's "Thief of Thieves" and Rucka's "Stumptown"-- red winter 1b.jpg"Red Winter" tells of New York detective Winter, now in his fifth year in Moscow, reason unknown, who works for a Russian mob-boss, reason unknown, to solve a mass murder perpetrated by someone he knows well. Three issues so far, from Scout Comics.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

I completed this. It turned out to be a decent crime drama. I can’t say I was super excited about the ending but it was cool. It gets a solid passing grade overall.
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith