Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Superior Spider-Man #32 Spoilers/Review

He's baaaaack. Man was this a good issue. I thought it was exceptionally paced and the art was fantastic. I reviewed it (gave it a 9.5) with some pictures too here if anyone is interested.

I think it’s important to note that Gage nails SpOck’s character. The dialogue is as if the series never ended and if you’re missing the series this has everything you’d want. The customary ego, high brow lingo and arrogance is all there. If you were a Superior fan and were worried the series would be different worry not!

Onto Spoilers! spoilers:
    So first off, SpOck is not alive or anything. This is an untold story of sorts that takes place during the Superior Spider-Man #19 issue when Spider-Man 2099 was sent into the present. Why he doesn't remember this adventure in #20 remains to be seen. Some notes:

- SpOck attempts to make his personal assistant hologram look like Anna Maria.
    - SpOck has no trouble kicking ass in the 2099 universe.
    - Once he fixes up a time machine he goes to another timeline and comes upon a few different Spider-Men who were killed by a guy with a two pronged spear.
    - The dead spider-men are a guy with a black 5 on his chest and was part of the FF. House of M spidey (I think). Civil War Spidey. An armored Spider-Man with hover NYPD vehicles in the background. I think from Web of Spider-Man Vol 1 100.
    - He then goes on to save Spider-Man: India. He brings him back to a safe house and we find more Spider-Men there. There is a Spider-Monkey (I think it's a monkey), Spider-Man Noir, Ashley Barton (aka Spider-Bitch), a Spider-Man with 6 arms and a Spider-Man with pouches (from What If? Spider-Man Vs. Wolverine #1 (2008)).
    end of spoilers

Anyhoo. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Nosocialize; 08-07-2014 at 06:01 AM. Reason: character name correction
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Mighty Member

Thanks for posting this. Couldn't quite wrap my head around that other "review."

Love getting more Superior, love getting more Christos Gage. I'd like to see both with a regular gig again!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    spoilers:
    - The dead spider-men are a guy with a black 5 on his chest and was part of the FF. House of M spidey (I think). Civil War Spidey. An armored Spider-Man with hover NYPD vehicles in the background. I think from Web of Spider-Man Vol 1 100.
    - He then goes on to save Spider-Man: India. He brings him back to a safe house and we find more Spider-Men there. There is a Spider-Monkey (I think it's a monkey), Spider-Man Noir, a Spider-Woman, a Spider-Man with 6 arms and a Spider-Man with pouches.
    end of spoilers

Anyhoo. Thoughts?
    You got most of the identities spot-on, I believe.
    spoilers:
    The Fantastic Five Spidey is a alternate one from What If? #1 when he joined the FF. Yes, that is Spider-Monkey (his size and tail are the giveaway), and the Spider-Woman likely is Petra Parker from a gender-swapped Earth. Hooray for Pavitr Prabakhar making a comeback!
    end of spoilers
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    spoilers:
    The Fantastic Five Spidey is a alternate one from What If? #1 when he joined the FF. Yes, that is Spider-Monkey (his size and tail are the giveaway), and the Spider-Woman likely is Petra Parker from a gender-swapped Earth. Hooray for Pavitr Prabakhar making a comeback!
    end of spoilers
    I was hoping somebody would swoop in and check on my I.D.'s! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Thanks for posting this. Couldn't quite wrap my head around that other "review."

Love getting more Superior, love getting more Christos Gage. I'd like to see both with a regular gig again!
    What do you mean by "other 'review'"?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    What do you mean by "other 'review'"?
    He meant this one.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

He meant this one.
    Yeah. One line and a misspelled title.

Fantastic Member

spider woman is from old man logan

I dont like spock to lead them all

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Yeah. One line and a misspelled title.
    omg! That should be deleted me thinks.

Not a bad issue. Started off slow. Only thing I'm bummed out about is Doc Ock is spearheading this whole thing instead of Peter. Maybe they both are. Time will tell.

I think it's safe to say he's going to get his memory of all of this whipped. I can't help but think he'll dip into the current timeline, the future for him, in a clever and cool way. Maybe it'll tie into things and help explain why he changed his mind so quickly to give it back to Peter.

Incredible Member

Wait, Spider-Man spoilers:
    India
    end of spoilers makes an appearance?

Quote Originally Posted by vikramkhore View Post
    spider woman is from old man logan

I dont like spock to lead them all
    Yeah that looks a lot like Spider Woman from Old Man Logan. Wasn't she called Spider-Bitch in that series? She is the grand-daughter of Peter Parker. And the daughter of Clint Barton and a African-American mechanic who is Peter's daughter.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    You're off by one. The Spider-Woman is Ashley Barton (aka Spider-Bitch), Peter's granddaughter from the Old Man Logan timeline.

Ultimate Member

I loved this.

How I've missed the Superior Spider-man!