Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    What's this, dear reader ? It seems I have been spotted, by Arbitus Twoamus.

No need to be alarmed however, as I am at no immediate risk of becoming its next meal. As a trap-laying predator, it is unwilling to confront a potential threat directly unless forced; and will instead use one if its many defense mechanisms to avoid confrontation of which it has several.

What will it be I wonder ?

Oh what joy !

It would seem that the Arbitus has turned to its tried and true defense mechanism: summoning a larger predator. A tactic fairly commonly used in the comic book habitat; and one that was fairly succinctly summarised in the Documentary, Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace.

*sighs, then unveils two skyscraper-sized shears that swiftly behead the jabbering juggernaut of an Elder God* Go back to Discovery.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Berserker body was dodging Makaku's drill whip fingers which were clocked as above mach and were invisible to human perception. See Alita also effortlessly dodging through a room full of cyborg bounty hunters and literally kicking them all out of the door.

Tuned, I'll need to check the feats but I think tuned was roughly equal to Berserker in several stats.

If Magnus can hit her, she'll have problems but I'm not seeing her get hit if he's just CBPH.

And, oscillation strikes are a bit ridiculous.
    Ah, the Grind Cutters. Whoops. They were stated to be super sonic so yeah.

Been a while since I've read BA, especially during her Tuned incarnation, but I got the impression it was hot garbage compared to the Berserker. No plasma, way less durable etc. She was getting pieces blown off by small explosives and fire arms iirc. I... don't remember any super speed stuff beyond flipping through groups of soldiers but nothing that looked beyond what say, Nightwing or whoever could manage.

She was tougher then Motorball body but not busted. Again... if my brain is working.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Manga.

Magnus is around CBPH level for speed. Loads of aim dodging back flippy goodness.
    Having failed in its hunt, Arbitus Twoamus has moved on; this time setting its sights on a rather enigmatic creature known only by its moniker "The Pirate God". A might less dangerous than the titular King Pen (for which the term Kingpin was derived), the Pirate God is a dangerous foe and the Arbitus Twoamus will require top form.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    *sighs, then unveils two skyscraper-sized shears that swiftly behead the jabbering juggernaut of an Elder God* Go back to Discovery.
    Oh ? Now this is certainly a treat.

It would appear a young Lenarius Ikarian has taken me for a threat, and is attempting to intimidate me. Wonderful ! Not to worry though, dear reader, the Len, also referred to as the Ikari in certain circles of biologists: is no more dangerous than the common house cat. At worst, I'll receive a nasty scratch that will require proper wrapping ... but I'll still make it home in time for tea, and crumpets.

Ahh ... delightful.

Berserker body was dodging Makaku's drill whip fingers which were clocked as above mach and were invisible to human perception. See Alita also effortlessly dodging through a room full of cyborg bounty hunters and literally kicking them all out of the door.

Tuned, I'll need to check the feats but I think tuned was roughly equal to Berserker in several stats.

If Magnus can hit her, she'll have problems but I'm not seeing her get hit if he's just CBPH.

And, oscillation strikes are a bit ridiculous.
    Ah, the Grind Cutters. Whoops. They were stated to be super sonic so yeah.

Been a while since I've read BA, especially during her Tuned incarnation, but I got the impression it was hot garbage compared to the Berserker. No plasma, way less durable etc. She was getting pieces blown off by small explosives and fire arms iirc. I... don't remember any super speed stuff beyond flipping through groups of soldiers but nothing that looked beyond what say, Nightwing or whoever could manage.

She was tougher then Motorball body but not busted. Again... if my brain is working.
    In the end it seems, after having devoted all of its efforts into trapping the Pen King, that the Arbitus was ill-equipped to deal with the Pirate God ... and in the end the battle was brief. Merely a trade of claws before the Arbitus moved on to greener pastures. Which was for the best really, as if it means to slay the King Pen; he must be healthy and well-prepared.

This has been Sir Cthulhu Attenbourough's Planet CBR.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

:Cue Chou: Her body counts as a robot right? Magnus, kills that on a regular basis, like Ranger Chosen Enemy deal.

: Curioys about CBR Discocery Thing.:

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I've been looking through the Tuned Body arc and Alita's feats are bit thin on the ground, especially in terms of speed.

Some things of note:

- Alita has a neat speed feat where she throws her gun to level with Den's face (Den being like building sized robot) She then runs, dodges his attacks, climbs his spear and jumps into his face and snatches the gun out of the air to shoot him with it. That's very quick.
    - When fighting Nova's assistant with her water pressure weapon, Alita swings her Damascus blade specifically faster than the speed of sound to overcome the shield.
    - There's one, somewhat ambiguous, instance of her bullet timing but it's hardly clean.

I'd personally pitch her at a little above CBPH but she seems slower than the Berserker Body.

With regards to her durability, while she does take some damage from firearms, it's always noted as being specifically high calibre armour piercing stuff. She is blown up by a suicide dummy at the end of the arc.

Are you intending for her to have her full Tuned weapons in this match? She has the Damascus Blade, a ridiculously powerful pistol, homing explosive bee drones, a energy cannon drone, spider drones that lay bombs and her bike. That makes her a lot more dangerous in this match if it's on deck.

Thanks for the info dump! ^_^ Good to have a refresher course on the character.

Sounds like even if all she had was the blade that would be enough and I don't want to totally neuter the character just for the sake of a match, so it seems like I've got my answer. I forgot about all of her crazy Batman crap. Other Tuned soldiers had even crazier stuff come to think of it, like wings for flight and mass driver sniper rifles etc.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Thanks for the info dump! ^_^ Good to have a refresher course on the character.

Sounds like even if all she had was the blade that would be enough and I don't want to totally neuter the character just for the sake of a match, so it seems like I've got my answer. I forgot about all of her crazy Batman crap. Other Tuned soldiers had even crazier stuff come to think of it, like wings for flight and mass driver sniper rifles etc.
    I'll also note that this thread precipitated me reading the back end of Battle Angel Alita and a big chunk of Last Order to boot.

I'll also note that this thread precipitated me reading the back end of Battle Angel Alita and a big chunk of Last Order to boot.
    Im a huuuge fan of like 90% of BA, especially the earlier stuff. Desty Nova is one of my top 5 villains (or whatever he is lol).

Some of it gets pretty silly, but big chunks are awesome.
    - big_adventure

Im a huuuge fan of like 90% of BA, especially the earlier stuff. Desty Nova is one of my top 5 villains (or whatever he is lol).

Some of it gets pretty silly, but big chunks are awesome.
    Yeah, the final (Tuned) arc is really all over the place. Alita on a spirit quest for the most part and ****, Den is... handled... poorly... in my opinion.

It's also really amusing that Last Order just straight up retcons the original ending because the last ending was so all over the place.

Nova really came into his own in Last Order in my opinion. His whole; "Haha, Roscoe killed me and made a big robot that's way stronger than I anticipated and now he's dead too. This is awesome!" bit was excellent writing.

Also, Sechs is great. What a great character.