Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Magnus Robot Fighter vs. Battle Angel Alita

I know Magnus is sorta a meme character around here, but he does have legit feats!

Arena.

1: Original "Berserker" body Alita

2: "Tuned" body Alita

Bonus: Toughest Alita verse character Magnus could defeat in general?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Welcome back to Sir Cthulhu Attenborough's "Planet CBR", and it seems to be a lively day in the world of predators.

Already, we see the mighty Arbitus Twoamus as it begin its daily hunt, in earnest. One of the few species of Anthropomorphic Eateries capable of using complex tools; it is perhaps one of the most clever. Though, what's this ? ... How very curious.

It would seem the shrewd hunter is attempting to lure in one of the comic book biomes most dangerous carnivores:

Pendaran Rex, which is known not simply for its intelligence; but for its ability to simply decimate any creature who happens to wander within its territory. Leaving little behind but bits of blood, and the remnants of their out-of-context feats.

I for one, am curious to see how the Arbitus manages ... though I should think the crafty creature will be in for the fight of its life either way.
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 10-18-2019 at 06:53 PM. Reason: I spelled "very", "vey".
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Dude, that’s awesome.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

BANNED

So both will be fighting through their proxies, eh? Seems more like a gladiatorial match.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Welcome back to Sir Cthulhu Attenborough's "Planet CBR", and it seems to be a lively day in the world of predators.

Already, we see the mighty Arbitus Twoamus as it begin its daily hunt, in earnest. One of the few species of Anthropomorphic Eateries capable of using complex tools; it is perhaps one of the most clever. Though, what's this ? ... How very curious.

It would seem the shrewd hunter is attempting to lure in one of the comic book biomes most dangerous carnivores:

Pendaran Rex, which is known not simply for its intelligence; but for its ability to simply decimate any creature who happens to wander within its territory. Leaving little behind but bits of blood, and the remnants of their out-of-context feats.

I for one, am curious to see how the Arbitus manages ... though I should think the crafty creature will be in for the fight of its life either way.
    I demand an ongoing continuation of "Planet CBR" as told by Cthulhu Attenborough in ALL the threads. Observational comedy on the state of Rumbles or else!
    *thumps chest*
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    So both will be fighting through their proxies, eh? Seems more like a gladiatorial match.
    I don't "fight" Pendaran Rex. I circle him from a distance probing for weaknesses as I develop my master plan. One day, someday soon... The Arbiter Redemption Arc will play out.
    - big_adventure

Besides, this thread has an anime/manga character in it. Pen CAN'T comment on it. He has like an allergic aversion to the stuff. ;P
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I demand an ongoing continuation of "Planet CBR" as told by Cthulhu Attenborough in ALL the threads. Observational comedy on the state of Rumbles or else!
    *thumps chest*
    What's this, dear reader ? It seems I have been spotted, by Arbitus Twoamus.

No need to be alarmed however, as I am at no immediate risk of becoming its next meal. As a trap-laying predator, it is unwilling to confront a potential threat directly unless forced; and will instead use one if its many defense mechanisms to avoid confrontation of which it has several.

What will it be I wonder ?

Besides, this thread has an anime/manga character in it. Pen CAN'T comment on it. He has like an allergic aversion to the stuff. ;P
    Oh what joy !

It would seem that the Arbitus has turned to its tried and true defense mechanism: summoning a larger predator. A tactic fairly commonly used in the comic book habitat; and one that was fairly succinctly summarised in the Documentary, Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace.

Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 10-18-2019 at 08:28 PM.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

This thread really WAS intended as a legit non-meme fight but I am pleasantly surprised at the direction it's going. :P
    - big_adventure

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

*sighs*

Is this manga or movie Alita?

How fast is Magnus?

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    *sighs*

Is this manga or movie Alita?

How fast is Magnus?
    Manga.

Magnus is around CBPH level for speed. Loads of aim dodging back flippy goodness.
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 10-19-2019 at 07:36 AM.
    - big_adventure

I know Magnus is sorta a meme character around here, but he does have legit feats!

Arena.

1: Original "Berserker" body Alita

2: "Tuned" body Alita

Bonus: Toughest Alita verse character Magnus could defeat in general?
    For a moment I thought you meant Will Magnus. I don't think he's ever been used in Rumbles.

Manga.

Magnus is around CBPH level for speed. Loads of aim dodging back flippy goodness.
    If he's only CBPH he's getting blitzed something fierce by pretty much any version of manga Alita.

Panzer Kunst is also extremely lethal on contact so she kills him in an instant.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    If he's only CBPH he's getting blitzed something fierce by pretty much any version of manga Alita.

Panzer Kunst is also extremely lethal on contact so she kills him in an instant.
    Really? I know certain Alita bodies are massively hypersonic, but I can't remember much for Berserker or Tuned off hand.

Other Magnus stuff: Caught a flying car that fell from the sky. Prevented another rocket powered vehicle from taking off by holding it (think MCU Cap's helicopter feat but with a beefier vehicle). Fell from the clouds without a parachute and got winded but walked it off. Grabbed a huge metal/concrete smoke stack thing and tossed it a dozen feat - I'll see if I can post a scan of it. Had a building collapse on him and seemed scratched up but mostly fine. A robot bent a lead pipe over his head and he was ok. Walked off a bullet to the chest.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - big_adventure

Berserker body was dodging Makaku's drill whip fingers which were clocked as above mach and were invisible to human perception. See Alita also effortlessly dodging through a room full of cyborg bounty hunters and literally kicking them all out of the door.

Tuned, I'll need to check the feats but I think tuned was roughly equal to Berserker in several stats.

If Magnus can hit her, she'll have problems but I'm not seeing her get hit if he's just CBPH.

And, oscillation strikes are a bit ridiculous.