I’m going to set up a discussion on this Event by Nick Spencer and not bring in the emotional dimension of using Captain America, but examine the idea Spencer May have been referring to a rather shadowy notion in politics called “The Money Class” as described by Oliver Stone in his Untold History of the US, Chapter 8.

To give you background on this group, Roosevelt eliminated The Money Class (that caused the Great Depression with their excesses), by introducing the New Deal, and this is supposed to have lasted till the Reagan era, when he left a void in his advisory team, which was filled by this Money class again in 1981, (which quickly caused the great 1987 crash on the stock markets). This Money Class took hold in politics from then on, (with a mild respite during the Clinton years), right up to today.

So, my contention is that Spencer was trying to give us a look at this Money Class in Secret Empire, (Bankers and investment speculators), who weild the real power behind the scenes concerning protecting their investments overseas, by going to war for contrived reasons like Latin American issues, eliminating the Soviets completely, or WMD’s to get oil supply security. I’m trying to a get grip on the notion Hydra in SE was representing this hidden Money Class, who divest the country of much needed domestic investment, and force increased military spending on unnecessary violence against other nations. The way I see it, is the Money Class (Hydra) got themselves a charismatic figure who could be trusted (Captain America), and used him to run these brutal side-campaigns to further the aims of in this case Hydra. That would make pseudo-POTUS’s like Cap dummy leaders for the more shadowy figures in Hydra, probably Madam Hydra’s Group waiting back-stage to gain advantage. The American people were hoodwinked into believing they had a respectable figure as leader, when in fact they had handed the country over to an acceptable looking dupe who ran the country into deep debt, just so the Money Class we’re safeguarding their investments, and damn the general public. Catchy Sloganisms, media cooperation by propaganda, and you have Secret Empire?

The Money Class have always existed, and it is one of those dirty realities that the rest of us have to endure their presence and their manipulation of the political system because they have the wealth and political connections to maintain themselves through history. We may not like Hydra, but somehow, we can’t exist without them?