Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    The thing is, I don't think it actually assigns anything that's actually endemic to female secondary sex characteristics onto male characters.

It just assigns their poses. If it creates a cognitive disconnect for you to see a male character assume them (coming across as ludicrously impractical, etc.), that's a sign that they're chosen to be exploitative, consciously or not.

That's a point the Hawkeye Initiative illustrates perfectly well.
    What characteristics are they missing?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    The thing is, I don't think it actually assigns anything that's actually endemic to female secondary sex characteristics onto male characters.

It just assigns their poses. If it creates a cognitive disconnect for you to see a male character assume them (coming across as ludicrously impractical, etc.), that's a sign that they're chosen to be exploitative, consciously or not.

That's a point the Hawkeye Initiative illustrates perfectly well.
    Just their poses, huh? All I see is badly drawn female anatomy with male heads placed on top. It's not male musculature posed like bikini models. They're male heroes with female bodies. Pointing that out isn't sexism or homophobia. It's knowing men and women have different sculptural design...

The movie version:

It's even funnier in live action.