Page 813 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 313713763803809810811812813814815816817823863913 ... LastLast
Results 12,181 to 12,195 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    So that's really where we are now, huh? Both sides just as bad, Democrats and Republicans are exactly the same. The really is no difference between good and evil.
    Fine, this is fine. I'm glad we were finally able to clear that up.
    Here I thought we were all trying to help people, turns out we just the worthless scum they scrape off of the decent hard-working scum.
    In a way, it's fascinating to see how someone can take what you said and rewrite it into something very different to fit their own agenda.

Sanders does represent real change. But I question his ability to win.

Biden, on film, states, more than once, that he is willing to reduce Social Security and then denies he will.

But even Biden isn't colluding with a foreign power to rig elections, incited racism nor any of the numerous things Trump has done.

How you rearrange "Sanders is a far better candidate than Biden who contradicts himself" to "What you really said is that both parties are just as bad" is amazing.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Which doesn't mean that the other flavor of "Leaving Me Out In The Cold..." isn't there.

It's creating a situation where it will be perfectly reasonable for union members to just sit it out when it could wind up being close. Never mind that a lot of the union vote backing Sanders might point to that they might be more inclined to sit out a Biden General.

Never mind that Trump had more straight path to being able to do that when the previous Democratic administration wound up leaving union members without much of reason to be there as soon as the polls opened.
    Well, presidents aren’t magic workers. They are limited by Congress to pass legislation. This was a bill that Obama co-sponsored and wanted passed so much he tried to do it in his first hundred days with his so-called supermajority. The issue is that bill died like many other pieces of legislation—in the Senate, not able to match cloture. If it couldn’t do it then, it was unlikely to do it with future losses in that same body and particularly when the House changed hands. Maybe Democrats should’ve nuked the legislative filibuster, but that would’ve been disastrous with Trump for Democrats too. Now, unions are even more vulnerable because of Trump though. Say what you will, but that wouldn’t happened with a Clinton appointee.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

And, then there's this...

I can already see a totally realistic scenario where this plan winds up going off in their face like an Acme kit -

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...ter_biden.html

Bloomberg Adviser Tim O'Brien Hints At "Scorched Earth" Retaliation Against All The Trump Children If GOP Pursues Hunter Biden

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    In a way, it's fascinating to see how someone can take what you said and rewrite it into something very different to fit their own agenda.

Sanders does represent real change. But I question his ability to win.

Biden, on film, states, more than once, that he is willing to reduce Social Security and then denies he will.

But even Biden isn't colluding with a foreign power to rig elections, incited racism nor any of the numerous things Trump has done.

How you rearrange "Sanders is a far better candidate than Biden who contradicts himself" to "What you really said is that both parties are just as bad" is amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    This is the real dilemma. Sanders offers the fight for real change but, because he wants real and radical solutions, he might lose because a bunch of poor old people who hate change will vote for Trump and effectively shoot themselves and everybody else. Or we can vote for Biden mostly because he has a better chance of winning but offers, at best, nothing, and, at worst, sell us all down the river as much as a Republican would.
    I didn't twist anything. You literally said that Biden will do nothing at best and be just like the GOP at worst. You also compared not nominating Sanders to killing you and themselves.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

And, then there's this...

I can already see a totally realistic scenario where this plan winds up going off in their face like an Acme kit -

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...ter_biden.html
    So, what you're saying is that it's okay for Republicans to do their witch hunt against Hunter Biden who, like Hillary Clinton and Benghazi, has done nothing wrong, but the endlessly grifting Trump spawn are off limits? Right, gotcha!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    So, what you're saying is that it's okay for Republicans to do their witch hunt against Hunter Biden who, like Hillary Clinton and Benghazi, has done nothing wrong, but the endlessly grifting Trump spawn are off limits? Right, gotcha!
    Actually, wrong.

Think about all of the polling we have seen so far on what the issues Democratic Primary voters have said are important to them. Now, seriously go over that list in your mind.

Once you have, tell me exactly where "Well, Actually... Turning This Into The Video For "Two Tribes" Is Exactly What I Would Like..." is?

Fourth?

Sixth?

Because, me?

I don't recall anything like that ever making the list of the issues that Democratic Primary voters would like to see addressed.

It would be like all of the "Negatives..." of a potential Bloomberg run with a seriously long shot at any "Positives..." coming of it.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 03-09-2020 at 03:25 AM.

Ultimate Member

Anyway, i support Sanders (his radicalism actually appeals to me more as a person) but as it seems Biden will be the nominee, i will most definitely vote for Biden come November.

Simple as. The stakes are far too high now for me to sit by the sidelines and watch everything go to hell.

FYI Cory Booker is endorsing Joe Biden.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    Have you ever talked to someone with a speech impediment and a difficulty in turning thoughts into words. I struggled with it for a lot of my youth and I still fumble the ball sometimes when I try to recall precise information and get it out to match the speed of the rate I was talking. I’m so sick of this line of argument. I would think that you guys had enough ammunition with him not being “progressive” or “liberal” enough for you rather than engaging in bad faith arguments about a guy with a speech impediment.

Was his supposed speech impediment that thing made him lied about being arrested in South Africa? That should have ended his race.
    BB

BB

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    He just endorsed Biden.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post

Was his supposed speech impediment that thing made him lied about being arrested in South Africa? That should have ended his race.
    Sanders himself and his campaigns are signal boosting conspiracy theories against "the establishment" once he started losing again. You want him to quit the race, too?
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 03-09-2020 at 05:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    He just endorsed Biden.
    Just like the rest of the stooges he doesn't even know why.
    BB

Actually, wrong.

Think about all of the polling we have seen so far on what the issues Democratic Primary voters have said are important to them. Now, seriously go over that list in your mind.

Once you have, tell me exactly where "Well, Actually... Turning This Into The Video For "Two Tribes" Is Exactly What I Would Like..." is?

Fourth?

Sixth?

Because, me?

I don't recall anything like that ever making the list of the issues that Democratic Primary voters would like to see addressed.

It would be like all of the "Negatives..." of a potential Bloomberg run with a seriously long shot at any "Positives..." coming of it.
    It's not Democratic Primary voters who will decide this election. It's the same numbskulls who bought into the "but-her-emails" bull. If highlighting the very real graft going on with the Trump kids gets them to have second thoughts about Trump, go for it.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!