Page 615 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 1155155656056116126136146156166176186196256657151115 ... LastLast
Results 9,211 to 9,225 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    She was a national debating champion as a teenager.
    But even in the face of her triumph in the last debate, people said she was too angry. It's tough for female candidates.
    The fact that people think you need to be dispassionate about debate has been the greatest gift con and bullshit artists have given to themselves.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Ugh,a MAGA talking point.

The difference is that Roger Stone was doing massive criming, a lot of it out in the open. McCabe may or may not have lied over a rather inconsequential detail, and it would be almost impossible to prove that he did knowingly lie.
    I thought it was funny and you can take the cartoon the other way, too.

The best political toons hit both ways.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Second day of massive DJI losses as the markets worry about Elizabeth Warren having become the de facto front runner in the Democratic primaries.
    I would imagine they're worried about Bernie, given that he went through a debate as frontrunner with barely a scratch.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I thought it was funny and you can take the cartoon the other way, too.

The best political toons hit both ways.
    Not trying to be argumentative here, but what is the other way to read this?

And the cartoonist is a Trumper.

My cartoons come from a right-leaning, libertarian perspective...

or a libertarian-leaning, conservative perspective — which ever you prefer, lol!
    https://www.mikesheltoncartoons.com/

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I would imagine they're worried about Bernie, given that he went through a debate as frontrunner with barely a scratch.
    The Dow was rising steadily all the time Sanders' performance in the first two primary contests briefly made him front runner.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

The Dow was rising steadily all the time Sanders' performance in the first two primary contests briefly made him front runner.
    Betting markets give Sanders eight times the odds of Warren, so it's odd that one market reflects something another doesn't. If you're right, there's money to be made.

We'll know more after Nevada.

If Warren gets first place, she's obviously the frontrunner.

If she's in the top three, she remains in contention.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Betting markets give Sanders eight times the odds of Warren, so it's odd that one market reflects something another doesn't. If you're right, there's money to be made.

We'll know more after Nevada.

If Warren gets first place, she's obviously the frontrunner.

If she's in the top three, she remains in contention.
    The markets are not worried about Sanders, because they know he won't beat Trump and they will get 4 more years of tax cuts and no regulations.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

The markets are not reacting to Warren or Sanders. Most likely the impact of the Corona Virus.

Also Paul, I'm not a Sanders supporter, but every poll has Sanders beating Trump.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

The markets are not worried about Sanders, because they know he won't beat Trump and they will get 4 more years of tax cuts and no regulations.
    Betting markets are a different thing than the stock market. If the stock market reacted to Warren being the most likely to win, we would see it in the betting markets where someone who bets a dollar on Warren being the nominee would get an eight dollar payout.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The markets are not reacting to Warren or Sanders. Most likely the impact of the Corona Virus.

Also Paul, I'm not a Sanders supporter, but every poll has Sanders beating Trump.
    Yes, because right now both Putin's cyber army and the GOP are still treating Sanders with kid gloves, hoping he will be Trump's opponent. But if Baggage Bernie really becomes the candidate, oh boy...

Hillary was right!

Not trying to be argumentative here, but what is the other way to read this?

And the cartoonist is a Trumper.

https://www.mikesheltoncartoons.com/
    Eh, don't apologize. This thread is for debating and arguing. If I wasn't ready to prove/debate/discuss/etc. a post here, I wouldn't make it.

Trumpers say McCabe got his card because media.

Non-Trumpers say he got the card because he was not guilty.

It's still a funny cartoon. I largely post ones I find funny, even if it mocks the side I most agree with.

And it got us talking. Another aim for political cartoons.

Here was my runner up this week, FWIW:
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 02-21-2020 at 11:58 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Sorry for delay. Lots of stuff going on at homefront.

Of course I like the improved economy situation even if my own age/lack of marketable skills situation makes me still in a tight spot...
    You manged to hit a bullseye on nearly all of the conservative talking points.
    Giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming you are fo real I would strongly urge you to step away from conservative media and do some fact-based research regarding all of the concerns you listed. I can honestly tell you that in most of this you have your facts wrong. You don't have to beleive me but please if you feel so strongly about them, go to the effort to research these things.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Yes, because right now both Putin's cyber army and the GOP are still treating Sanders with kid gloves, hoping he will be Trump's opponent. But if Baggage Bernie really becomes the candidate, oh boy...
    They will do the same thing no matter who is the nominee. Make up a false controversy and with the help of the media, keep hammering them with it. Maybe even through in a fraudulent Senate investigation. Sanders, Warren, Biden. Buttigeg, won't matter. It's how Trump operates. Look at what he has already done with two non-stories. Warren's Native heritage and Biden's don. Even committed treason for the last one.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Paul is just reaching to justify his opinion he based off nothing. There’s exactly one poll Warren is winning in and it’s for MA which is her home state. Unless literally every metric dramatically changes in about a week, she won’t be viable Super Tuesday

Hillary was right!