Page 992 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 492892942982988989990991992993994995996100210421092 ... LastLast
Results 14,866 to 14,880 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    We've been aware of China's human rights abuses for a long time and nobody here is surprised by any of this or is holding China up to be a positive example.
    I'm not sure why you keep aggresively beating this drum.
    Pretty simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    This is where I'm at. I do not blame anyone in China in regard to the people, outside of those doing the exotic meat thing. But I do blame their government and the Trump administration for this situation. Hell I sort of blame the UN for not putting their foot down. Honestly I'm starting to think that we need a centralized system for food and drink internationally that all countries adhere to and if they don't then fine and sanction them.
    If that is not a serious priority coming out of this, you might as well say "I'm Fine With The Potential Outbreak Of A Pandemic..."

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Are those the likely picks.? I like Stacy Abrams.
    It'll be interesting to see if they have any notable policy differences. Both were minority leaders of a state legislative body. The main difference is that Whitmer won her Governor's race.

Whether one would impress the left wing would come down to perception.

It probably helps Whitmer that Trump has been going after her a lot, so the main thing the left of the Democratic party knows about her is that someone they really hate doesn't like her.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Pretty simple.

If that is not a serious priority coming out of this, you might as well say "I'm Fine With The Potential Outbreak Of A Pandemic..."
    No, that's not it at all. What we're saying is that you've made your point and we accept it. Why keep repeating it?
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    No, that's not it at all. What we're saying is that you've made your point and we accept it. Why keep repeating it?
    Again, pretty simple...

If only one thing should be repeated right around forty-eight times a day for the next year, it is -

"We Are, As A Whole, Straight Up Idiots If Actually Dealing With This Aspect Of How China Operates Does Not Actually Happen."

This is where I'm at. I do not blame anyone in China in regard to the people, outside of those doing the exotic meat thing. But I do blame their government and the Trump administration for this situation. Hell I sort of blame the UN for not putting their foot down. Honestly I'm starting to think that we need a centralized system for food and drink internationally that all countries adhere to and if they don't then fine and sanction them.
    Pretty simple.

Darspellmaster isn't defending the Chinese government but rather the Chinese public, so this doesn't qualify as a reason to continue arguing something no one is refuting.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    This.

Again, pretty simple...

If only one thing should be repeated right around forty-eight times a day for the next year, it is -

"We Are, As A Whole, Straight Up Idiots If Actually Dealing With This Aspect Of How China Operates Does Not Actually Happen."
    My point is that no one is arguing about the Chinese government being terrible. belaboring that serves no purpose.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 03-30-2020 at 04:06 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post

My point is that no one is arguing about the Chinese government being terrible. belaboring that serves no purpose.
    This is a simply incorrect statement.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

This is a simply incorrect statement.
    I'm confused at what you're arguing for here?

I guess 30 thinks belaboring the point does serve a purpose.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

The assertion was essentially "Belaboring The Chinese Government Being Terrible Serves No Purpose..."

Which is nonsensical.

Is it the single most effective method for addressing the issue?

Probably not.

Doesn't change that keeping it in the discussion serves "A" purpose.

Extraordinary Member

Is she progressive enough for the left wing of the Party?
    No but the other options are kind of on the **** list of progressives (Harris or Klobuchar).

I think you are down to either Whitmer or Abrams. And quite frankly Whitmer brings more advantages, the first being a winnable state.

Extraordinary Member

Now, how long before people who are on Twitter start bashing her as a snake. Not talking about Kight or Taz, I mean the ones that tend to be ala Trump fanatics. Like they see this as a team sport.

I worry for the younger members of Congress because the more time they spend there the more the reality of the situation sets in.
    It’s “Knight”. I am not a child’s play thing

BANNED

Now, how long before people who are on Twitter start bashing her as a snake. Not talking about Kight or Taz, I mean the ones that tend to be ala Trump fanatics. Like they see this as a team sport.

I worry for the younger members of Congress because the more time they spend there the more the reality of the situation sets in.
    Am I disappointed? Yes, Because I've personally known that the Entrenchment of the Establishment is hard to overcome. She was an economic populist ala Sanders and seems to be moving to the side that the party prefers, the "Woke Crowd", the people who will **** you in the ass economically but will virtue signal all day. That is unless your name is Tara Reade, then all virtue-signaling goes out the window.

It's gonna take some time to move the Democratic party back to the Center-left. They are pretty Right-Wing right now, which is why the majority of the nation is neither Democrat no Republican.
    This is my last election the party can expect me to support any of their candidates honestly.

I'll vote local City and State, national can kiss my black tushie. Good thing is in NC I can now stay an Independent and vote how I feel.

Because one simple example of why I despise Joe Biden and the Corporate wing is this right here.

BANNED

Funny thing now online is how on Twitter and elsewhere Centrists are trying to Cajole Bernie to forcing his supporters to get behind Biden.

They don't give a **** about our issues, they just want our votes.
    For years the party has belittled us, called us terrible, sexist, racist, homophobic, etc. They spit on us in the media every chance they got.

In 2016 they blamed us for Hillary's loss, If she had won, we would not have gotten any credit. Even though we overwhelmingly voted for her.
    They blamed black men and blacks in the north and northwest for not voting for her.

In 2020 they are repeating the same mistakes, and even under a pandemic where our issues would make a difference they **** on us still.
    Now, that polls are coming out and showing Biden losing the 45 and under crowd, they want us to unify and "Trump Bad Sad" Vote shame us.

Bernie can't tell me who to vote for. I support Bernie on Policy, regardless of what some here think. Biden wants my vote he has to EARN IT!
    I will not be vote shamed. If you want to call it purity I don't give ****. I call it values, values I'm tired of giving up for the lesser evils.

Regardless of how or if I vote National this fall. The Democratic party is pretty dead to me.

Because If Biden or Cuomo loses, I'm gonna get blamed anyway.

Edit: Bookmarking for the future.
    Last edited by Tazirai; 03-30-2020 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Bookmarking

Are those the likely picks.? I like Stacy Abrams.
    Stacy Abrams would the Sarah Palin type of pick minus the attractive sex appeal. The pick would please a small faction of the left that is already going to vote for Biden while making the rest of the country roll their eyes. Its due to her inexperience and her coming off as entitled. If he wants to pick a black female candidate then Kamala Harris is the choice.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Stacy Abrams would the Sarah Palin type of pick minus the attractive sex appeal. The pick would please a small faction of the left that is already going to vote for Biden while making the rest of the country roll their eyes. Its due to her inexperience and her coming off as entitled. If he wants to pick a black female candidate then Kamala Harris is the choice.
    Harris has a whole list of serious negatives that never came up during the primary.

Abrams is absolutely the option less likely to potentially go off in your face like an Acme kit.