Page 721 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 221621671711717718719720721722723724725731771821 ... LastLast
Results 10,801 to 10,815 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Beto is endorsing Biden as we speak -- Sanders can't even get support from the congressional members of the party he claims to represent.
    Bernie got Marianne Williamson to endorse him.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    He also got the Public but apparently not the Enemy that doesn't support him.

-----
    "“Flav … has not endorsed any political candidate in this election cycle.… The continued publicizing of this grossly misleading narrative is, at a minimum, careless and irresponsible if not intentionally misleading,” Friedman added in the letter.

In a handwritten note at the bottom of the cease-and-desist, Flavor Flav wrote to Sanders, “Hey Bernie, don’t do this.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...anders-960272/

He'll probably get Tulsi to endorse him eventually, when she gets tired of running.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

He also got the Public but apparently not the Enemy that doesn't support him.

-----
    "“Flav … has not endorsed any political candidate in this election cycle.… The continued publicizing of this grossly misleading narrative is, at a minimum, careless and irresponsible if not intentionally misleading,” Friedman added in the letter.

In a handwritten note at the bottom of the cease-and-desist, Flavor Flav wrote to Sanders, “Hey Bernie, don’t do this.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...anders-960272/
    From the article in your post...

“Flavor Flav has been on suspension since 2016 when he was MIA from the Harry Belafonte benefit in Atlanta, Georgia,” reads a joint statement signed by members Chuck D, DJ Lord, Jahi, James Bomb and Pop Diesel. “That was the last straw for the group. He had previously missed numerous live gigs from Glastonbury to Canada, album recording sessions and photo shoots. He always chose to party over work.”

They continued, “Public Enemy Radio toured Europe and co-headlined with the Wu-Tang Clan in May 2019 without Flavor. “They have also done numerous benefit shows without Flavor … While Public Enemy Radio was moving forward, Flavor Flav was starring on the reality show Growing Up Hip-Hop New York, where an episode featured his children discussing an intervention and putting him into rehab … It’s time to move on and everyone wishes Flavor well.”

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    From the article in your post...
    None of which means Flav should have to support Sanders when he specifically and directly told him he didn't want to do so.

None of which means Flav should have to support Sanders when he specifically and directly told him he didn't want to do so.
    No.

It just means that this being the actual reason he was fired is pretty unlikely.

Never mind that Flavor wasn't fired for going to bat for Trump back in 2016.

The idea that he is being fired over politics when he wasn't fired over that is just an assertion that has right around "Zero..." basis in actual reality.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    No.

It just means that this being the actual reason he was fired is pretty unlikely.
    He wasn't fired from PE prior to that action so that's ultimately the reason he was fired.

It really isn't anything to debate -- you're making a semantic argument that doesn't change anything about the situation at hand.

Namely that Sanders helped break up Public Enemy after thirty-five years of partnership.

Because he's a divisive candidate.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 03-02-2020 at 08:57 PM.

https://twitter.com/davidplouffe/sta...73317254066178

Bernie's basic problem right there. Win or lose on Super Tuesday.
    At this point, Democrats may be avoiding the mistake Republicans made last time of allowing an outsider with a devoted following to make a hostile takeover against a divided field.

We'll see if it works.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    At this point, Democrats may be avoiding the mistake Republicans made last time of allowing an outsider with a devoted following to make a hostile takeover against a divided field.

We'll see if it works.
    Woof, the replies to that.....

He wasn't fired from PE prior to that action so that's ultimately the reason he was fired.

It really isn't anything to debate -- you're making a semantic argument that doesn't change anything about the situation at hand.

Namely that Sanders helped break up Public Enemy after thirty-five years of partnership.

Because he's a divisive candidate.
    Flavor Flav is a domestic abuser that praised Trump in 2016. If Sanders is responsible for getting him kicked out, that seems like a good thing.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    You are missing the point.
    Your "point" is nonsensical.

I already saw Biden in an adminstration that was in a far more favorable position not get much done. You keep saying Bernie will not get much done. You have not provided evidence that the alternative will and I see none. The party in 2020 is different from the 2008 party. So unless you have some new information, we don't have a metric to say one will be more successful than the other. So at that point, why wouldn't I pick the one whose policies I prefer. It's pretty simple.
    They got numerous things done, except you want to pretend like no progress was made to look like Sanders will be on an equal playing field politically in the party, he isn't. It's not like we don't have any information to glean on, we have 8 years of Obama and Biden in office. Biden's not going into this with a blank slate.

What evidence have you provided to counter mine, or prove Sanders will be stronger in those areas? All you have is how you feel and denial, not facts.

The reality is, you aren't winning the Senate. It was always a **** map for Democrats this year.
    It usually is, due to how the senate is structured.

If you had some proof that Biden was going to be far more effective and get more done, then we could start having an argument if I'd prefer a far more effective president with policies I'm lukewarm on vs an ineffective president with policies I love. But we don't have that here.
    What proof would that be? I do think someone who has a good relationship with the party and its leadership will be getting more done in congress, but when I bring it up you equate that as being equal with Sanders disaster of an administration anyone could see from Mount Everest since whatever faults Biden has Sanders are worse when it comes to governing.

We have a situation where we have no real compelling reason to think effectiveness would be any different due to the political climate. So the only distinction is the policies I prefer. If Biden and Bernie only get 1% of their agenda accomplished then I prefer Bernie's 1%. If there was a case that Biden would get 25% of his agenda passed and Bernie only 1%, then we could have a real discussion. But right now there isn't one.
    The compelling reason being: you prefer Sanders over Biden. It has nothing to do with logic or facts, it's all in your gut. We aren't having a real discussion because you're not interested in having it. Anything that Biden has as an advantage in congress you're refuse to acknowledge.

Try to be more objective than we'll have a real discussion when you're up to it.

Biden is not Obama, he's not as popular as Obama, and he's walking into a worse situation than Obama, and Obama struggled.
    He's more like Obama in the party than Sanders is, but you see that as a positive for Sanders.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    Flavor Flav is a domestic abuser that praised Trump in 2016. If Sanders is responsible for getting him kicked out, that seems like a good thing.
    None of which means he should be forced to support Sanders, or fired from the group for not doing so.

Let's not even get into this -- you got your Chuck D so be happy with that and stop trying to tell me that breaking up PE is a good thing.

Your constant trashing of people who don't support Sanders makes me not even want to enage with you.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 03-02-2020 at 09:40 PM.

None of which means he should be forced to support Sanders, or fired from the group for not doing so.

Let's not even get into this -- you got your Chuck D so be happy with that.
    He should have been kicked out after he attacked his girlfriend. Better late than never.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

We'll see if it works.
    If they don't I'd say the two-party system has failed in this country. On one side you'll have a naked Fascist and his rabid supporters on the other side you'll have a trojan Communist and his rabid supporters. It'll be a bleak day for democracy, moderation and, quite frankly, common sense.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."