Page 285 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 185235275281282283284285286287288289295335385785 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,275 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    The party's treating him pretty good considering he wasn't a Democrat until he decided to run for President.
    He did the party a major favor in 2006 when he agreed to caucus with them at a time when one Senator was the difference between being in the majority party and being in the minority party.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Falsely claiming native American heritage for one and then the revelation that she lied on admissions forms back in the 70's claiming such as well.

Attacking Buttegieg over Wine Cave donations when she has done the exact same thing many times in her past.

She is a hypocritical liar. Granted, you can make that argument against most politicians.

Warren is dead last amongst my choices, slightly behind Bernie, and if it came down to Warren vs Trump I'm voting 3rd party again just as I did in 2016.
    The Native American thing was stupid and she should get more criticism for it IMO. But not much of this is a case for mistrust.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I know trump supporters and Bernie bros hate facts but fact checker states Warren's DNA revealed Native American ancestry.

"Two weeks ago, Sen. Elizabeth Warren released the results of a genetic test showing she has a small but detectable amount of Native American DNA. The report concluded there is “strong evidence” she had a Native American ancestor approximately six to 10 generations ago."
    Learn why American Indians were upset with Warren.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...y-not-cherokee

"Warren depicted this as “slam dunk” proof that she really is of Native American ancestry. This is a base-rate fallacy. In fact, the average white person in America has 0.18 percent Native American DNA — meaning they could be described as about 1/ 556 Native American or as having a Native American ancestor nine to10 generations back. Warren does not seem to have a unique claim to Native American heritage over and above the typical white American.

For comparison: the average U.S. white also has about 0.19 percent African DNA; they can be said to be 1/ 526 black or to have a black ancestor nine to10 generations back. Rachel Dolezal might have about the same genetic claim to being black as Elizabeth Warren does to being Cherokee. Already, memes are circulating comparing the two. Of course, Warren and supporters can make arguments explaining how the two cases are not similar, but this is beside the point. If it has to be explained why or how Warren is substantively different from Dolezal, the war is already lost.

Rather than acknowledging she has no meaningful claim to Cherokee / Native American heritage or identity, Warren has doubled down. She claims to have “won” the bet, and has demanded Trump donate $1 million to the National Indigenous Women’s Resource Center. The president has refused, insisting he won the wager. Unfortunately, he is correct: although Warren did take the test it did not prove she is “an Indian.”

Genes, race and ethnicity are non-identical and the relationship between them is complicated. Warren is phenotypically white. She has no identifiable Native American ancestor, no clan affiliation, and no meaningful connection to Cherokee language, customs or culture. As a result, even if the DNA test had suggested she could meet the 1/16 blood quantum required by Cherokee for a federally recognized Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood(she was nowhere near this) — it would still not have established Warren is “an Indian.”

It was actually impossible for Warren to actually win Trump’s bet: Cherokee do not decide who is (or is not) one of them the basis of DNA; what matters are clan ancestry, tracing one’s genealogy to an ancestor on the “Dawes Rolls,” or being adopted into a clan by a Clan Mother. Elizabeth Warren fails to meet any of these criteria. As a result, she is simply not Cherokee — not even a little. DNA is irrelevant.

This point was powerfully driven home by the Cherokee Nation’s Secretary of State, who described Warren’s attempt as wrong-headed and insulting. He went on to say that Warren is “undermining tribal interests with her continued claims of tribal heritage” (neither Warren nor her team consulted with Cherokee leadership before conducting the test or releasing the results)."

To give her credit, she apologized for it.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/elizabe...nk-11566241904
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    The party's treating him pretty good considering he wasn't a Democrat until he decided to run for President.
    Do you want him to run as an Independent in the general election?
    Last edited by Superbat; 01-14-2020 at 08:52 PM.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    The Native American thing was stupid and she should get more criticism for it IMO. But not much of this is a case for mistrust.
    Uh, no she shouldn't.

She has taken the initiative on doing something like making amends for it. Blowing any effort on "Criticism..." is beyond dumb.

I bet WBE's 'Robert Hyde' profile just shot up the queue list. :P

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Uh, no she shouldn't.

She has taken the initiative on doing something like making amends for it. Blowing any effort on "Criticism..." is beyond dumb.
    I believe if Joe Biden had made that gaffe, the criticism level would be very different. She's getting something of a pass.

And I say that with her being my favorite candidate from a policy/ideas perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Falsely claiming native American heritage for one and then the revelation that she lied on admissions forms back in the 70's claiming such as well.

Attacking Buttegieg over Wine Cave donations when she has done the exact same thing many times in her past.

She is a hypocritical liar. Granted, you can make that argument against most politicians.

Warren is dead last amongst my choices, slightly behind Bernie, and if it came down to Warren vs Trump I'm voting 3rd party again just as I did in 2016.
    I was about to post these very things plus the medicare for all debacle. I don't trust Warren and never will. People can shame me into supporting her all they want I won't do it. Warren is and always has been a con artist who says anything to get elected. At least Biden and Bernie believe in their policies for all their faults.
    Last edited by Celgress; 01-14-2020 at 09:27 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I was about to post these very things plus the medicare for all debacle. I don't trust Warren and never will. People can shame me into supporting her all they want I won't do it. Warren is and always has been a con artist who says anything to get elected.
    Alright then. I won't shame you. But I gotta wonder...

You see all the BS Republicans are pulling. You see the s**t Trump is doing and easily getting away with. You see a true con artist there. You see a party that is openly fine with locking up and stealing away children. You see a party ready to wage more and more wars, killing more and more troops. You see Republicans and Trump... you see everything they do, say, plan on doing, and so much more.

And after all of this, you see that if it was to come down between Trump and Warren, you wouldn't vote for her and rather him win.

You would look at all the victims of this administration, now and the future, and still wouldn't vote.

Just everything about that mind set is just so sad and depressing. I'm not mad, I feel nothing but pity and sadness for someone like that.

Incredible Member

Hi, I'm french and when I look at this thread I understand that the US are ready to get fucked forever. If you're not able to put aside your quarrels and vote for whoever will be the candidate, wether it is Sanders, Warren, Buttigieg or Biden you can be sure that the conservatives won't have such qualms. And given how the GOP is already cheating, Trump will be reelected. You will all feel dumb when He will turn the SC completely Republican and destroy democracy in the US.
    I can't believe I have to explain that again.

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Hi, I'm french and when I look at this thread I understand that the US are ready to get fucked forever. If you're not able to put aside your quarrels and vote for whoever will be the candidate, wether it is Sanders, Warren, Buttigieg or Biden you can be sure that the conservatives won't have such qualms. And given how the GOP is already cheating, Trump will be reelected. You will all feel dumb when He will turn the SC completely Republican and destroy democracy in the US.
    I can't believe I have to explain that again.
    You've got it nailed.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    You've got it nailed.
    Not that I like it! But by looking at the comments you're playing the game of the populists, arguing between yourself instead of banding to fight Trump, then you will weaken the democrat candidate and Trump will be reelected. look at what is happening in UK, mates. The same causes produce the same results.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Alright then. I won't shame you. But I gotta wonder...
    I've heard this argument from people for years and I don't buy into the zero-sum game. But yes, I would vote for Warren if I have no other choice (I've already said this). I'd prefer not as I feel she is only a few steps up from Trump.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Not that I like it! But by looking at the comments you're playing the game of the populists, arguing between yourself instead of banding to fight Trump, then you will weaken the democrat candidate and Trump will be reelected. look at what is happening in UK, mates. The same causes produce the same results.
    I think you'll start to see a big change post-Primaries (I hope). I see this as trial by fire. If the Democratic candidates can't take the heat now, there is no way they can survive Trump's Nuclear meltdown in the general election.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I've heard this argument from people for years and I don't buy into the zero-sum game. But yes, I would vote for Warren if I have no other choice (I've already said this). I'd prefer not as I feel she is only a few steps up from Trump.
    A few steps from Trump?!!! You really believe what you're saying? And you didn't say you would vote for a third party?