Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
I'll take the opinion of the Congressional Black Caucus and many other black voters (including myself) over yours in that regard.

Again, ideals are great but you need to show actual political wins and passed legislation to back up your assertions.

I'll also point out that it makes absolutely no sense to try to lecture black people about who they should prefer in an election -- it certainly doesn't do your candidate any favors and it just makes you look as if you just want to use the "black vote" to achieve your own political ends.

This is exactly the same narrative I saw from Sanders supporters in 2016, so don't be surprised if you achieve exactly the same results this time around.

-----
"‘A dream ticket’: Black lawmakers pitch Biden-Harris to beat Trump"

Senior members of the Congressional Black Caucus say it’s an ideal ticket if the former vice president stays atop the polls.

"“The data are clear that he has strong support among African Americans,” Clyburn said. “It’s just that simple. He’s had that for a long, long time, and he’s kept it steady so far.”

The CBC isn’t expected to endorse in the Democratic race, although its political arm, CBC PAC, will likely wade into the crowded contest at some point. In the meantime, Biden, Harris, Booker and other candidates are all wooing members of the CBC, who have outsize influence with African American voters.

“I don’t think people should underestimate the significance of this older white guy playing the role of second, a supportive second, to a younger man who is African American,” said Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.). “And people felt this was real and authentic, [Biden] wasn't faking it. There was a real friendship there.”

Biden also has a natural ease in the black community in a way that other white Democratic candidates don’t, according to some caucus members.

“Biden is very comfortable in African American circles. Sometimes a white politician in an all-black setting, you can feel the seed of nervousness,” Cleaver said. “With Biden, he’s just right at home. You can see it and feel it.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...ticket-1317561
1. There's many black voters that prefer Sanders as well. Are you lecturing them or just being dismissive of them because they aren't supporting your point? You can't accuse me of it and then not answer for it yourself with the people you are ignoring.

2. The Congressional Black Congress is made up of mostly Democratic Reps and 2 Senators. So like this thread likes to constantly remind people, Sanders isn't a Democrat while Biden has been a party mainstay for several decades.

So check your own narratives first because they constantly conflict. Unless you think 50 something people is representative of the entire African American population lol