Page 297 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 197247287293294295296297298299300301307347397797 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,455 of 17573

Mueller Memos Part 4: FBI Documents That Congress Had To Fight To Get

BuzzFeed News has obtained another set of secret FBI documents from former special counsel Robert Mueller’s probe that reveals what key Trump administration officials told investigators about Russia’s interference in the 2016 election and the president’s attempts to obstruct the inquiry.
    The records, hundreds of pages of interview summaries known as FBI 302s, were the subject last year of a protracted legal dispute between the House Judiciary Committee, which sought them as part of its impeachment inquiry, and the Department of Justice, which maintained that the committee was not entitled to the documents. The FBI and federal prosecutors conducted more than 1,000 interviews, but the committee focused on the summaries of interviews with 33 current and former top officials, including Jared Kushner, former White House counsel Don McGahn, former attorney general Jeff Sessions, and former chief of staff Reince Priebus.
    Documents
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    The Trump cabal has announced plans to role back Michelle Obama's school lunch rules, bringing back fries instead of veggies.
    They are doing so in Mrs. Obama's birthday.
    Ketchup is a condiment, remember?

I mentioned this on the forum a few months ago when the administration was planning these changes, citing the "unfair" restrictions they made, and how if kids wanna eat whatever the hell they want, let 'em. Problem is, lobbyists were successful in getting junk food and even fast food into schools in the 1990s when tax code changes caused public schools to lose money (people don't like them taxes, but how else are schools gonna pay for services?), and even though things have changed, they aren't going to lose their influence, yet the thing is... lobbying isn't as obvious as you think. Potato firms held a lot of sway in wanting to get fries and taters back as an acceptable vegetable and, of course, lobbying was what got tomato sauce on pizza to be considered a vegetable, too.

It's all about what makes the most money for the distributor or saves the most money for the district, and I know this because I came from a school district where practically everything that's not a salad or fruit is made from frozen products reheated in giant ovens. That same school district also has a lot of lower income students who rely on that for two meals a day, so lowering the quality of the food, in essence, can lower the quality of their health. Elementary schools get prepackaged meals, while middle and high schools get more options, but it's mostly reheated product.

Who would you say your top 5 female politicians are, and why?
    I really liked that Lisa Madigan didn't just look the other way on Herbalife being a pyramid scheme that rips off working folks. Matter of fact, she was the second state official to do so.

So, yeah. She'd make the list.

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/feds...ry?id=40607553

Feds Hit 'Deceptive' Herbalife With $200M Fine, Call for Diet Firm to Go Legit
    Herbalife officials today counted the settlement with the FTC, as well as a $3 million settlement with the Illinois Attorney General, as victories and claimed the settlements were “an acknowledgement that [Herbalife’s] business model is sound,” in the words of Herbalife CEO Michael Johnson.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 01-17-2020 at 06:01 PM.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    One thing about this...

While it seems like it might actually be the case, this piece points to it being a little more murky than "On Hold..."

http://www.abajournal.com/news/artic...nt-proceedings

Sen. Kamala Harris calls for halt to advancement of judicial nominees; is it happening?
    Updated: On Wednesday, U.S. Sen. Kamala Harris, a Democrat from California, called for a halt to the advancement of President Donald Trump’s judicial nominees during the impeachment proceedings against him.

On Thursday, Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., signaled a pause when he adjourned a committee hearing and announced, “See you after impeachment,” report Bloomberg Law and Courthouse News Service.

According to Bloomberg, it is unclear whether votes on nominees who have advanced to the Senate will move forward when the trial is not in session. The trial is scheduled to begin on Jan. 21.

Astonishing Member

I'm honestly surprised his fat ass didn't go after it sooner.

When has he been anything but petty?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    I'm honestly surprised his fat ass didn't go after it sooner.
    It doesn't bother me for the record.

I would say it's one of his better moves, but that is venturing into dangerous territory and dark water.

It's time for change, and necessary, but how can that be achieved?

3A7D94F4-72D8-4544-9308-542E09627401.jpg

As for the school lunch thing? Who in the world is shocked that a petty, bloated, hairless opossum like Trump would want to switch out fruits and veggies for pizza and fries...?

Quote Originally Posted by lam View Post
    It doesn't bother me for the record.

I would say it's one of his better moves, but that is venturing into dangerous territory and dark water.

It's time for change, and necessary, but how can that be achieved?

How is lowering nutrition for children a "good move"?

Incredible Member

House releases documents linking a Nunes aide, Derek Harvey (you know, the one who released the name of the Ukraine scandal whistleblower!) to Lev Parnas!

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...-parnas-100732
    And the shitshow goes on...and on...and on...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    3A7D94F4-72D8-4544-9308-542E09627401.jpg

As for the school lunch thing? Who in the world is shocked that a petty, bloated, hairless opossum like Trump would want to switch out fruits and veggies for pizza and fries...?
    I hate to go look at the Twitter thread. I hope it's mostly positive.....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    People should care less about candidate's gender and more about politics.
    Moderates acting like they care about women and pretending like progressives are the sexist ones is just desperate and isn't fooling anyone. Because we really just all need to suck it up and get Biden elected and then the world will go back to exactly as it was in 2016, when women had no problems to deal with whatsoever. And of course we need to support putting more women in positions of power no matter what, especially ones that start taking right wing stances on everything in the name of looking tough, because actually trying to help people makes you weak apparently.

Spectacular.

And if I ever made a post mentioning menopause (and I don't remember doing so, but I am sure you went through all my post to find some way for an ad hominem attack), I only did so in the most respectful and constructive way. I have several menopausal women in my life whom I love dearly. And their heat flashes are saving me money on my heating bill.
    Now see? There's a funny menopause joke!

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Moderates acting like they care about women and pretending like progressives are the sexist ones is just desperate and isn't fooling anyone. Because we really just all need to suck it up and get Biden elected and then the world will go back to exactly as it was in 2016, when women had no problems to deal with whatsoever. And of course we need to support putting more women in positions of power no matter what, especially ones that start taking right wing stances on everything in the name of looking tough, because actually trying to help people makes you weak apparently.
    I don't think we have to act like it, when 2016 conclusively proved it to anyone with half a brain cell. No offense.