Page 167 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 671171571631641651661671681691701711772172676671167 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 17573
    Extraordinary Member

Ultimate irony. The reason Washington wanted the President to have a salary and why he didn’t forego one was because he didn’t want wealth to be a prerequisite for Presidents. Trump is not wise enough for that thought process

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    True, there isn't enough proof of that. But I can see him doing so, only in that taking the money obligates him to actually do the work of a President instead of just pretending to do it while making a profit from the office.
    The presidency today only pays, what, $250K a year? Trump likely declined the payment not because of generosity but because the job didn't pay nearly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    The presidency today only pays, what, $250K a year? Trump likely declined the payment not because of generosity but because the job didn't pay nearly enough.
    I was thinking that too, that he thought the money was an insult.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    If I didn't know better, I'd be surprised Moscow Mitch is willing to go to bat for Trump like that. But, it falls nicely into my harebrained theory that if the GOP loses Trump, they lose his base which are more loyal to him than the party. And if Republicans lose the base, they lose the election, and, quite possibly, the Senate as well. Bottom line: Keeping Trump and his base fat, dumb and happy keeps the GOP in power so they can continue fucking over the country. Say what you will about McConnell, but the man damn sure isn't stupid. Traitorous? Yes. Stupid? Nope.
    It think it may have more to do with Trumps willingness to nominate any Judge the Federalists recommend.
    If the face of changing voter demographics over the next few decades, the only real option the GOP has for preserving power for their primarily white-christian-hetero-male leadership is to pack the courts with consevative judges.
    Trump gets a free pass to **** on the constitution and Mitch gets his judges and whatever else his corporate buddies want.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 12-12-2019 at 11:45 AM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    He does take the payment though. He just reportedly offsets it by donating an equivalent amount back to agencies. And presumably writes that off as charitable donation.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    It think it may have more to do with Trumps willingness to nominate any Judge the Federalists recommend.
    If the face of changing voter demographics over the next few decades, the only real option the GOP has for preserving power for their primarily white-christian-hetero-male leadership is to pack the courts with consevative judges.
    Trump gets a free pass to **** on the constitution and Mitch gets his judges and whatever else his corporate buddies want.
    Hell, couldn't Pence do the same thing Moscow Mitch wants, but without the daily insanity Trump brings to the table? Or is Turtle Boy worried that Red Grant might not be the rubber stamp that Dolt45 has been when it comes to judges?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

The IG report and the Pentagon report on Trump's border wall both say it will make illegal crossings easier than they are currently.

Whoops.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    He does take the payment though. He just reportedly offsets it by donating an equivalent amount back to agencies. And presumably writes that off as charitable donation.
    And meanwhile we pay him and his company on the side for all his golf trips at his own resorts and hotels. Secret service having to rent rooms and golf carts, food. Free publicity, and even dignitaries seeking to curry favor staying at his resorts.

Hes making way more than if he JUST took the salary.
    Last edited by kidfresh512; 12-12-2019 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Greta has our Twitter game beat. Everyone just go home now.

Proving once again that he has less emotional maturity than a- what, 16 year old?

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    About 29% of the country might actually be that stupid. I mean, flat earthers made a comeback, and there are still working class Republicans who insist after 40 years that the wealth is gonna trickle down to them eventually.
    I lot of the GOP's base isn't stupid, they're just true believers. They know the GOP is lying, but they also know that those are the lies they NEED to tell to get their agenda passed.
    You can't just come out pitching taking away women/LGBT rights or cleansing ethnic minorities or that kind of thing, you have to ease the majority into that.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Proving once again that he has less emotional maturity than a- what, 16 year old?
    A 16 year old with Asperger's, at that.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Exit polls show Boris’ Conservative Party taking majority.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/12/w...mid=fb-nytimes

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Theirs no alleged, he raped her. The only reason nothing happened was because he threw lawyers at it
    Ivana made a sworn statement as part of the divorce proceedings but she rolled it back a bit, allegedly so that she would get ample financial support for her and the kids.... 14 million dollars worth. Harry Hurt wrote a Trump bio at that time called the Lost Tycoon was able to obtain the documents relating to the divorce but shortly afterward, the case was sealed. Unfortunately, he lost his copy over the years. But you can still find copies of the book out there that quotes from the deposition he had legally obtained.

Source:
    New Yorker article: Documenting Trump's Abuse of Women

This is why I could never understand Trump's popularity I've been reading about this kind of behavior for years. He's a disgusting, dishonest and vile individual.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-12-2019 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Exit polls show Boris’ Conservative Party taking majority.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/12/w...mid=fb-nytimes
    The major story is, of course, Bojo government and soon to follow Brexit.

I'm looking at projections of SNP picking up 20 seats. We could be looking at the death of the United Kingdom, or at least any that includes Scotland.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    The major story is, of course, Bojo government and soon to follow Brexit.

I'm looking at projections of SNP picking up 20 seats. We could be looking at the death of the United Kingdom, or at least any that includes Scotland.
    And maybe Ireland as well. I never thought I'd see the United Kingdom fall...