Page 173 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183223273673 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    Matt Bevin is a a total piece of ****. He pardoned a child rapist. A man convicted of raping an 8 year old girl. Whatever love I had for the Republican party is gone now.
    I wish I could say I was surprised, but Matt Bevin has been a deplorable piece of **** for a while now. The whole Republican Party is and has been a corrupt joke for years, with every passing day making it less and less a political organization and more and more a mafia full of lunatics and psychopaths who are perfectly happy to watch the world and everyone in it burn as long as they get their gilded disaster shelters, first.

It must be harder for you, who has identified with the party for so long, to see and recognize exactly what this means about the thing you’ve believed and supported for so long. In a lot of ways, many of us had it easier in never buying into their hype, so this sort of thing isn’t disappointing or shattering to our long held world view. It’s like the difference between someone who has never believed in God and someone who comes to disbelief after a lifetime of the special happiness faith can bring.

For whatever it’s worth, welcome to the ‘resistance’.
    Last edited by zinderel; 12-13-2019 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its not about "playing the game" fairly anymore. Its about not caring to raise hell and do it as we see Trump has tried with various orders that take time to dismantle. It may come across badly but a President who comes in and declares that the Republican party pushed through a lot of judges with non-creditials would be fun to see. Sure a lot will keep their jobs. But as the President then can joke , "Well they didn't seem to care if Trump did it...so I'm doing it."

**** playing the game anymore. We have people brag they don't care and want to hold up the country . So **** em.
    Politely, what you laid out(in addition to being something that any version of The Supreme Court would just straight up laugh at...) is far and away the dumbest thing that Democrats could do going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I'm trying to encourage everyone to stop that sort of argument. It's ok you don't like Biden, we should be able to disagree on particulars without sweeping accusations or dismissals. The truth is, many of the passionate Bernie supporters would be using this like a god damn nuke against Warren or Biden if some similar thing came up with a guy/gal with this history. The Warren/Bernie end of hte spectrum especially. I just think that whole line of argument is dumb from the get-go, hypocrisy or not. We all have flaws we accept and flaws we reject. I have a range of reasons I reject Bernie (none of which includes this situation), but I have a pretty good list against everybody. Ultimately, I'm in the camp (not with any excitement in saying this) that just wants whoever gets a win across the line. As of today....I'm not sure who that is. For a long time I thought it was only Biden, now I'm unsure of that.

You're right, people have their biases, I just wish people recognized the "their" part of that sentence. We should wield those biases less like a purity sledgehammer and more as a point of debate. what makes it an interesting case for Bernie fans, is it's that end of the progressive spectrum most likely to weaponize a situation like this. So it's a bit salty seeing so many shrug at it when their own guy does it. (not saying you, speaking very generally here)
    Uh, have you ever heard of a woman named Anita Hill?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Politely, what you laid out(in addition to being something that any version of The Supreme Court would just straight up laugh at...) is far and away the dumbest thing that Democrats could do going forward.
    One of the rare occasions we agree completely. I don’t want to see Democrats break laws just because Republicans are infamous for it. I want to see them go after McConnell’s finances and expose him for the bought-and-owned pig he is, brought up on treason charges for his deliberate obstruction of the legislative process and selling us out to our enemies, and executed (extreme, I know, but when you out-evil Dick Cheney, well...there isn’t much else to wish for...) I want to see Jim Jordan exposed as the pedophile/rape apologist we all know he is and disgraced. I want the Democrats to go after the criminals and monsters that run the Republican Party and take them all down, legally, publicly. I’d LOVE for the Republican Party finances to be fully exposed too, all donations, all their secrets, everything. Expose them as the criminal organization they’ve become and shatter the party under a RICO investigation...

That sort of thing. Not breaking laws and flouting the Constitution just cause the other guys did it.

PS - This would ALSO be a great way for someone like Anonymous to actually prove their worth, by exposing the financial records of every - EVERY - politician; where their money comes from and where it goes. The records are out there, hackers. Do something of value with your purported ‘leet skills’ instead of creating another bullshit virus to ruin poor people’s days...
    Last edited by zinderel; 12-13-2019 at 04:57 PM.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

So about Trump snapping at a 16 year old girl, FLOTUS finally said something!

Statement from @PressSec to me regarding @FLOTUS response to @realDonaldTrump’s tweet directed at @GretaThunberg :

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    One of the rare occasions we agree completely. I don’t want to see Democrats break laws just because Republicans are infamous for it. I want to see them go after McConnell’s finances and expose him for the bought-and-owned pig he is. I want to see Jim Jordan exposed as pedophile apologist we all know he is and disgraced. I want the Democrats to go after the criminals and monsters that run the Republican Party and take them all down, legally, publicly. I’d LOVE for the Republican Party finances to be fully exposed too, all donations, all their secrets, everything. Expose them as the criminal organization they’ve become and shatter the party under a RICO investigation...

That sort of thing. Not breaking laws and flouting the Constitution just cause the other guys did it.
    Just one guy's take here...

This may be the one of the most important times in history for Democrats not only to play it really, really smart, but to also make an actual difference should they gain any notable degree of power.

If they have that power and pull anything like what Republicans have these last four years, I don't like their chances of actually maintain the support that got them this notable power that they may or may not wind up with.

Edit:

As for those two specific folks that you mentioned...

I would rather just make a smart play at taking them off of the board than what you are discussing. I get the impulse, but I personally think that it creates more issues than is solves.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 12-13-2019 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Their all too damn old, Warren I may edge out because she's only just 70 but Bernie and Biden need to retire. Their presidencies WILL kill them.
    On the one had, I see the technical basis of your argument.

On the other hand, I would like to hear what the alternative is.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    This argument didn't start because I said don't like Biden. I think Biden's an average Democrat. My problems with him are his baggage and that I don't think he will win. And on this forum, again the pendulum isswings so far the other way that it is not applicable. People here are far harder on Bernie than I ever was on Biden or Buttegieg or Hillary. Maybe thirty but that's it.
    My main concern when it comes to Biden is that I believe that he is the most likely(out of Biden/Warren/Sanders) to fumble when it comes to the actual execution of making anything like real changes that will benefit your average working American.

While I have my doubts about if Warren actually has the resolve to do some of what she is talking about doing, I honestly worry about Biden actually having a plan to make things better. While I've just said something like this, I think that it potentially undermines future support for Democrats if someone goes in and essentially treads water on making change for their first term.

One House Democrat goes on record opposing Trump impeachment

I don't know for sure, but I suspect this isn't a move that will keep him from being primaried.

House Democrats hailing from conservative swing districts are all lining up to vote in favor of two articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump next week — except for one congressman from New Jersey.

An NBC News survey of more than 40 vulnerable House Democrats found only Rep. Jeff Van Drew, who represents the southern tip of the state, plans to vote against the articles of impeachment.

"My district is red — a good chunk of it — and they're definitely anti-impeachment. And then I have the part that is purple, and they are more pro-impeachment. So whatever you do," he told NBC News, "you're going to aggravate people."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Their all too damn old, Warren I may edge out because she's only just 70 but Bernie and Biden need to retire. Their presidencies WILL kill them.
    Doubtful. People said the same thing about Trump who’s clearly overweight (despite the bullshit about being only 239 pounds), doesn’t exercise, save for when he plays golf, dines on fast food, and god only knows how much sleep he gets at night when he’s not busy rage tweeting, and that’s all on top of the day to day stress that comes from being president, and yet, he hasn’t keeled over. Perhaps hate and spite keeps Trump going, who knows, but if the job hasn’t done him in, Biden and Sanders should have little trouble surviving the experience.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 12-13-2019 at 07:09 PM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    One House Democrat goes on record opposing Trump impeachment

I don't know for sure, but I suspect this isn't a move that will keep him from being primaried.
    God forbid a politician do the right thing, even if it costs him his job...

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    God forbid a politician do the right thing, even if it costs him his job...
    NJ only has 1 Republican Representative, but it seems that Van Drew's District ac ts as if the state has 2. Curious to see how the other NJ Representatives vote next week.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    My main concern when it comes to Biden is that I believe that he is the most likely(out of Biden/Warren/Sanders) to fumble when it comes to the actual execution of making anything like real changes that will benefit your average working American.

While I have my doubts about if Warren actually has the resolve to do some of what she is talking about doing, I honestly worry about Biden actually having a plan to make things better. While I've just said something like this, I think that it potentially undermines future support for Democrats if someone goes in and essentially treads water on making change for their first term.
    Perhaps Biden won't push hard enough, but "actual execution" is hardly a strength to attribute to Bernie either.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Doubtful. People said the same thing about Trump who’s clearly overweight (despite the bullshit about being only 239 pounds), doesn’t exercise, save for when he plays golf, dines on fast food, and god only knows how much sleep he gets at night when he’s not busy rage tweeting, and that’s all on top of the day to day stress that comes from being president, and yet, he hasn’t keeled over. Perhaps hate and spite keeps Trump going, who knows, but if the job hasn’t done him in, Biden and Sanders should have little trouble surviving the experience.
    The fucker uses a cart. Swinging the club ain't exercise.