Page 164 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 641141541601611621631641651661671681742142646641164 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 17573

Jersey City Shooting: Suspect Published Anti-Semitic Posts, Official Says

An assailant involved in a prolonged firefight in Jersey City, N.J., that left six people dead, including one police officer, had published anti-Semitic and anti-police posts online and investigators believe the attack was motivated by those sentiments, a law enforcement official familiar with the case said on Wednesday.

Investigators also found a manifesto-style note inside the assailants’ van, the law enforcement official and another official familiar with the case said.

The document, which was described as brief and “rambling,” suggested no clear motive for the shooting. Investigators also found a live pipe bomb inside the vehicle, the law enforcement official said.

The law enforcement official could not provide more details about the suspect’s online posts or where they had been published. He said that investigators were still reviewing that information.
    Mr. Fulop has not said whether the violence was related to anti-Semitism, though in a related post on Twitter, he said that “hate and anti-Semitism have never had a place” in Jersey City.

Jersey City’s public safety director, James Shea, said the attackers’ motives were still being investigated.

Initially, investigators said they believed that the attackers randomly chose the market and that the episode was not a hate crime; Mr. Shea added on Tuesday that there was “no indication” of terrorism.

By Tuesday night, however, Mr. Fulop, said on Twitter that officials had come to believe that the assailants had “targeted the location they attacked.”
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    CNN just ran a fun statistic.

When Trump took office, there were 241 Republicans in the House.

In three years' time, 104 of that number of been voted out of office, were indicted and resigned, or announced their retirements.

43% of the GOP caucus have bowed out under Trump. That... should tell you a lot.
    he's draining that swamp

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Which is the GOP saying we agree that Climate Change is an existential threat. But unless we can get environmental dangerous energy sources that benefits large corporations, we ain't doing a damn thing about it. And we will hold wind and solar hostage. So screw the world unless our keepers make money.
    They won't do anything BECAUSE environmentally dangerous sources benefit large corporations. And of course, those large corporations give large donations to the GOP. It's not a bug, it's a feature.

Real trouble for #BillBarr and #Durham

On the left:

Inspector General testifies: Durham AGREED there was a proper predicate to open preliminary investigation of Trump campaign associates' ties to Russian interference!!

On the right:

Durham's Statement yesterday.
    Twitter Link

It's looks like Barr may have ghost written Durham's statement.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

I know I shouldn't be by now, but sometimes I'm in awe of how stupid this administration thinks we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Which is the GOP saying we agree that Climate Change is an existential threat. But unless we can get environmental dangerous energy sources that benefits large corporations, we ain't doing a damn thing about it. And we will hold wind and solar hostage. So screw the world unless our keepers make money.
    The GOP is concerned that wind and solar are too expensive. Fracking and nuclear power could produce the necessary energy at a lower cost. I don't think the GOP is looking at this from the perspective of what benefits large corporations, since people could get rich off of wind and solar as well.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The GOP is concerned that wind and solar are too expensive. Fracking and nuclear power could produce the necessary energy at a lower cost. I don't think the GOP is looking at this from the perspective of what benefits large corporations, since people could get rich off of wind and solar as well.
    That is a lie.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Mets that's bullshit and you know it, don't treat us like idiots.

Nuclear power was hobbled by the oil industry socially, is hideously expensive to start up and requires great education to ensure its consistently maintained, Fracking is dangerous as **** to the environment and the humans who live it. Both of these thing are hideously more expensive in the long run, as will be the inevitable rush to try and shore up America against the Climate Change based damage at the last minuite instead of opening your pocket now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    I know I shouldn't be by now, but sometimes I'm in awe of how stupid this administration thinks we are.
    About 29% of the country might actually be that stupid. I mean, flat earthers made a comeback, and there are still working class Republicans who insist after 40 years that the wealth is gonna trickle down to them eventually.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Astonishing Member

And oldie but goodie. trump's (now deleted) Tweet when he thought Obama lost the popular vote but won the electoral vote. "The loser one!"

https://www.reddit.com/r/TrumpCritic...de_a_laughing/

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    According to the article you mention, wind power is less reliable (the figure given is 36%.) It also works primarily in geographic locations where speed of wind is high.

Wind power is fine, but it has to be supplemented by other stuff due to these factors.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Yeah, but those oil CEOS are rich now and giving them campaign donations, why wait for campaign donations from the wind and solar sector, if the oil industry is right there with campaign donations now?

According to the article you mention, wind power is less reliable (the figure given is 36%.) It also works primarily in geographic locations where speed of wind is high.

Wind power is fine, but it has to be supplemented by other stuff due to these factors.
    Didn't Trump say these wind farms cause cancer? Come on, the GOP opposes wind and solar energy because their donors do, its naive to think otherwise.

Politely, you have to ignore a whole heck of a lot to even entertain a scenario this nonsensical.

There are large corporations heavily invested in the current status quo when it comes to energy production. The assertion that a political party is not looking out for the interests of it's supporters who are heavily invested in that current energy production status quo makes right around "Zero..." sense.

Empty is thy hand!

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post

They know they can count on guys like Mets to bend over backwards trying to defend whatever garbage they toss out, so they've pretty much outsourced the work of defending republicans to the republican base.

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    Yeah, but those oil CEOS are rich now and giving them campaign donations, why wait for campaign donations from the wind and solar sector, if the oil industry is right there with campaign donations now?

Didn't Trump say these wind farms cause cancer? Come on, the GOP opposes wind and solar energy because their donors do, its naive to think otherwise.
    I think the GOP wants cheap energy. The donations come because Republicans were simpatico with the energy industry, not the other way around.

The problem with the donors argument is that it implies Republicans would all be on board with massive investments in renewable energy if environmentalist donors could coordinate a little bit better to give them more money.

What the energy industry pays isn't that much in the context of total lobbying. It's a fraction of the finance/ real estate industry.

https://www.opensecrets.org/industries/
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets