Page 74 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 2464707172737475767778841241745741074 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 17573

Kentucky outcome embarrasses Trump and worries many Republicans ahead of 2020

Democrats’ claim of victory Tuesday in Kentucky’s gubernatorial race, as well as the Democratic takeover of the Virginia state legislature, left Republicans stumbling and increasingly uncertain about their own political fates next year tied to an embattled and unpopular president.

Many allies of President Trump rushed to explain away the poor performance of incumbent Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin (R) as an anomaly, while other GOP veterans expressed alarm about the party’s failure in a state where Trump won by nearly 30 percentage points in 2016 — and where he just campaigned this week.

Although Bevin was controversial and widely disliked, he was also a devotee of the president, embracing Trump’s agenda and his anti-establishment persona. And in the contest’s final days, Bevin sought to cast his candidacy as a bulwark against House Democrats’ impeachment inquiry of Trump.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

**** Russia. Some say this is standard "The great game" bullshit but this goes WAY beyond that

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    **** Russia. Some say this is standard "The great game" bullshit but this goes WAY beyond that
    Now Breitbart is reporting the name. Sadly it’s done

Tulsi Gabbard Floats 9/11 Conspiracy Theory

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii) wants Americans to believe that their government has concealed the truth about the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks.

The 2020 Democratic presidential contender sent out a campaign email Tuesday that hinted at a conspiracy at the highest levels of the U.S. government to stop the public from fully knowing the role that longtime U.S. partner Saudi Arabia played in the attacks.

“We deserve all the information on 9/11,” read the subject line. In a video linked to in the email and posted on Gabbard’s website alongside a petition asking President Donald Trump to declassify “all information related to 9/11,” Gabbard wrote: “The American people still don’t have access to the truth about Saudi Arabia and who helped Al Qaeda carry out these deadly attacks … It is absolutely unacceptable that our government’s investigation into Saudi ties has been kept from these 9/11 families and from the American people.”

There are reasons galore to question U.S.-Saudi ties or be skeptical of Saudi denials of responsibility for catastrophes — as the slow, painful revelation of the truth about Washington Post writer Jamal Khashoggi’s killing shows.

But Gabbard’s email does not make clear what precisely she wants to be declassified. The George W. Bush administration classified one section of the initial congressional inquiry into the attacks — known as “the 28 pages” ― but President Barack Obama released those pages, with some redactions, in 2016.
    Not sure what to think about this.

Most Republicans on impeachment committees aren’t showing up, transcripts reveal

Republicans have for weeks blasted the closed-door impeachment process, but transcripts released this week of private depositions show most GOP lawmakers on the three panels at the center of the probe have simply not shown up.

The low attendance for most committee Republicans paints a very different picture of a party that recently stormed the secure room where the depositions have been conducted, demanding to participate in the process. Republican questioning during these private interviews have been driven by a handful of President Donald Trump’s allies and GOP staff.

Conservative Republicans, many closely tied to Trump from the hard-line House Freedom Caucus, have led the GOP questioning, a preview of the coming tumultuous public impeachment process. What is unclear is what role, if any, other Republicans will play.

I dont think Trump has to worry too much about Kentucky in 2020. I still think he will win it. His approval rating in the state is 52 percent. Bevin was disliked and turned a lot of voters off with his draining of Public Schools. His constant bashing of teachers and other bonehead blunders. Not that Trump is free of scandal but he still seems well loved in Kentucky.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    I dont think Trump has to worry too much about Kentucky in 2020. I still think he will win it. His approval rating in the state is 52 percent. Bevin was disliked and turned a lot of voters off with his draining of Public Schools. His constant bashing of teachers and other bonehead blunders. Not that Trump is free of scandal but he still seems well loved in Kentucky.
    It's less about Trump, and more about Mitch McConnell. McConnell is the 'Trump Wall' in the Senate that is blocking everything.If he loses his next election, Trump loses as well.
    Last edited by Tami; 11-06-2019 at 08:44 AM.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Deleting post now. Apparently there was some nasty misreporting going on. Ugh
    Last edited by InformationGeek; 11-06-2019 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Deleting post now. Apparently there was some nasty misreporting going on. Ugh
    I didn't see your post, who misreported what? So that I know what to watch out for.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Tulsi Gabbard Floats 9/11 Conspiracy Theory

Not sure what to think about this.
    Taking anything that comes out of the mouth of Tulsi the Russian Asset seriously is a fool's errand, even when it comes to something like this. As for getting Trump to reveal information about alleged Saudi ties to 9/11, good luck with that pipe dream, he won't risk his cozy ties with the sheiks to reveal the truth, whatever that happens to be.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Tulsi needs to hand in her Democrat card and go join the Republicans already. She's an embarrassment

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Taking anything that comes out of the mouth of Tulsi the Russian Asset seriously is a fool's errand, even when it comes to something like this. As for getting Trump to reveal information about alleged Saudi ties to 9/11, good luck with that pipe dream, he won't risk his cozy ties with the sheiks to reveal the truth, whatever that happens to be.
    Is she is a Russian Asset ? Has there been something to prove this? Not trying to defend her I just am not informed on her. If there is evidence I would love to hear it.

Over the last few months of studying there is a lot about the Republican Party that I am not happy with. But I agree with them a=on a lot of thing. There are also things I agree on with the Dems. I have voted for both parties. Maybe I am starting to see I am more of an Independent. Man is politics confusing.
    Last edited by babyblob; 11-06-2019 at 09:29 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Making Texas, Kentucky, and Arizona battleground states is a feat in and of itself, even if he ekes out the win.

That does not bode well for the future of the party.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    It's less about Trump, and more about Mitch McConnell. McConnell is the 'Trump Wall' in the Senate that is blocking everything.If he loses his next election, Trump loses as well.
    And then there's that.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I don't think Trump knows the truth about the Saudis' involvement in the 9/11 attacks. I think George W. Bush might know. I think Dick Cheney probably knows. But Trump? He's out of the loop on that score.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I suppose a lot could happen between now and next fall but his opponent Amy McGrath, a former marine pilot has raised more money than Moscow Mitch so far. As of October she's at over 10 million while he's raised 7.5 in the same time period