Page 494 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 394444484490491492493494495496497498504544594994 ... LastLast
Results 7,396 to 7,410 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Victoria has won the NLGJA and the Society of Professional Journalists awards, the Lambda Literary Award, the Keystone Award for Best Reporting, and in 2013 SPJ Award for Enterprise Reporting....
    See this is why I don't like the overuse of the "troll" label. More often than not these days it is used to discredit anyone the person who uses it doesn't agree with or even like as a fellow human being. If you can't attack the message attack the messenger it is both easier and more enjoyable (for the vindictive), as an old saying goes
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Buttigieg will not be president, period. The centrists are trying to make a show of uniting behind him to take down Bernie, but once he wilts in the spotlight they'll abandon him just like they abandoned Biden, mostly likely switching their support to Bloomberg, who also has no chance of winning. At the end of the day they see Bernie as a bigger threat to their way of life than Trump, and so they'll find whatever excuse they can to make him out to be enough of a bad guy to justify either putting up a weak nominee that will lose badly in the general, or even flat out just voting for Trump because Bernie is even worse by some twisted logic.
    Then the DNC should let the people choose the nominee. But Iowa just proved that the DNC doesn't care about who the people wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    The DNC already has chosen the nominee like they did in the previous election 4 years ago. They don't care about the people's choice. Democrats didn’t learn a thing at all over the last 4 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure about that.
    Can you still say that after Iowa fiasco?

I have said it on January 15th long before the Iowa caucus. Looks like my prediction was correct. Maybe New Hampshire primary will have less messy results than Iowa but given the corruption in the Democratic Party, I doubt it.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

How is any of this legal?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

So, in an interview with Chuck "yuck!" Todd today, Bernie walked back the promise of releasing more medical records.

That's a good look.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Luxemburg View Post
    The Republicans are doing the same thing the Democrats did in 2016. Elevating a candidate that they think will hurt the party and be the easiest to defeat.[/URL]
    Is there any evidence that they actually carried out any of these agendas, though, beyond leaked e-mails and memos that indicated that this was something Hillary wanted to try? Could be there was actual evidence of this that I missed in 2016, but I honestly don't recall seeing any widespread campaign like this before the Primary. Maybe a DNC spokesperson appeared on MSNBC or CNN a couple of times to push this agenda, but that probably wouldn't have that much of an effect on conservative voters since few of them watch those networks.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Can you still say that after Iowa fiasco?

I have said it on January 15th long before the Iowa caucus. Looks like my prediction was correct. Maybe New Hampshire primary will have less messy results than Iowa but given the corruption in the Democratic Party, I doubt it.
    What has Iowa have to do with it? if the DNC was going to choose anyone, it'd have been Biden and Iowa certainly proved he hasn't retained his front-runner status.

Maybe it's hard to accept, but in an open election anything can happen. This has always been the case. Many Presidents were elected unexpectedly. Often going contrary to polling or other expectations.

As I have said before, it ain't over til the Fat Lady votes in June. (Paraphrasing the Opera Saying).
    Last edited by Tami; 02-09-2020 at 12:39 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Trump won Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania by such small margins that anything can happen if the Democrats get the right message out with the right messenger. Added all together it was only about 100,000 votes
    Not sure about Minnesota, but as of a few months ago, Trump still had over 50% approval rating in the others.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Biden calls a female voter a "dog-faced pony soldier" for asking him about Iowa

https://twitter.com/mooncult/status/1226574502491906049

WTF
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Curios and curioser.

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    Biden calls a female voter a "dog-faced pony soldier" for asking him about Iowa

https://twitter.com/mooncult/status/1226574502491906049

WTF
    Fake news, he clearly says "duck faced polyunsaturate."

Hillary was right!

So, a chicken walked in to @ewarren
    's campaign HQ in Asheveille, NC & laid an egg. How is it possible that Twitter hasn't blown up over this yet? There are pictures, people!
    Twitter Link

No joke (But it is funny)
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

What has Iowa have to do with it? if the DNC was going to choose anyone, it'd have been Biden and Iowa certainly proved he hasn't retained his front-runner status.

Maybe it's hard to accept, but in an open election anything can happen. This has always been the case. Many Presidents were elected unexpectedly. Often going contrary to polling or other expectations.

As I have said before, it ain't over til the Fat Lady votes in June. (Paraphrasing the Opera Saying).
    We can only look back to 2008. Through 2007 if someone said this Barack Obama guy is gonna become President we would have laughed. In fact I said in 2004 after his DNC speech and how he whipped up that crowd ; I said hey he would make a good candidate in 2008. People told me he was too young and not ready for it.

In 2007 everyone thought Hillary Clinton would get the nomination. They didn't see Obama coming from out of nowhere to capture the crowd as we saw. How he exploded on scene n took office. By 2008 his momentum was fully KICKED IN after he won some primaries and the party realized they couldn't stop him.

No one is destined to win anything. People can change the course of these nominations.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Trump to Propose $4.8 Trillion Budget With Big Safety-Net Cuts

Among the agencies that would receive the biggest boost is NASA, which would see a 12% increase next year as Mr. Trump seeks to fulfill his goal of returning astronauts to the moon by 2024. On the other hand, the Environmental Protection Agency’s spending would be slashed by 26%.

The plan would request $2 billion in new funding for construction of the wall the southern U.S. border, the senior administration official said—Mr. Trump’s signature 2016 campaign promise that sparked fights with Democrats in Congress, leading the president to trigger a historic five-week government shutdown last winter after lawmakers refused to fund the project. The latest $2 billion request is significantly less than the $5 billion the administration sought last year.

The White House proposes to cut spending by $4.4 trillion over a decade. Of that, it targets $2 trillion in savings from mandatory spending programs, including $130 billion from changes to Medicare prescription-drug pricing, $292 billion from safety-net cuts—such as work requirements for Medicaid and food stamps—and $70 billion from tightening eligibility access to federal disability benefits.