Page 546 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 46446496536542543544545546547548549550556596646 ... LastLast
Results 8,176 to 8,190 of 15146
  1. #8176
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    If I were you I wouldn't talk about being an honest broker. My problem with Leviathen is that he took an inconsistant viewpoint from the one he took mere days ago on precisely the same subject matter and took wildly different interpretations while trying to prop himself up as consistent.
    Except I didn't. Your strawmanning made it seem that way, but my actual comments did no such thing. If it helps you sleep at night, believe whatever you want. However, you don't know what a strawman is (as evidenced by my correct usage of the term and your bewilderment about it) nor how frequently you employ it.

    Perhaps you'd notice less of the discussions you're involved in deteriorating into "That's not what I said" territory if you'd cut out that particular practice.

  2. #8177
    Genesis of A Nemesis KOSLOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I ask this purely out of curiosity: given your strong feelings, how is it that Bloomberg is polling so (relatively) well among black voters? What do you think is leading to that given the other negatives that are motivating your stance?
    I honestly have no clue. He's got name recognition and the money to blast ads, so the best I could guess is that the other candidate aren't connecting rather than anything especially appealing about Bloomberg.
    Pull List:

    Marvel Comics: Black Panther, Captain America, X-Men, New Mutants.
    DC Comics: The Green Lantern, Strange Adventures, Far Sector, The Last God.

  3. #8178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    When Sanders wins the primary this year, you going to say every other nominee was hot garbage compared to him?
    They'll find a way. There's some people here, 100% paranoid of being actual Liberals, Fiscally and Socially.
    To them, they don't understand why Bloomberg is such a shit person.
    I refuse to vote for Bloomberg period.

    I know how terrible and authoritarian he can be. Also, this dude is beyond insider level, and is a racist piece of shit, who has to BUY Black supporters.

    People screaming about Sanders not being a Democrat are terrible people, the instant they jump to supporting Bloomberg.
    They talk about me being vulnerable to Propaganda, but Will vote "blue" for a Billionaire Oligarch, as long as it's not someone who actually gives a damn about the people.

    Shit on Sanders, and Stan for Bloomberg. It's hilarious.


    It's also funny watching Warren trolls on Twitter ith the infighting now that many of her supporters are Jumping ship to Sanders or Bloomberg.

    We "SAY" we're on the same team, but we're not.
    I can't stand Liberals unable to take a stand, and willing to lie about people, just because the person they dislike gives a damn.
    Is always confused.....

    My Name is Psylocke, "Stabby stabby pew pew!"

    My Psylocke stories at Fanfiction.net (ignore the editing, it's bad on purpose) https://www.fanfiction.net/~tazirai
    My better edited versions on Comicvine. Just check profile and my forum posts in fan fiction section. http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/tazirai/

  4. #8179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KOSLOX View Post
    I honestly have no clue. He's got name recognition and the money to blast ads, so the best I could guess is that the other candidate aren't connecting rather than anything especially appealing about Bloomberg.
    It's the SHEER number of ads he's putting out, which are admittedly good.
    But the downside is the Psychology shows people will listen to a 30 second to one-minute ad, over digging deeper into a candidates background.
    You've got a lot of older people who simply just want civility, and have been raised that way who see Bloomberg and don't or are not willing to research the man.

    It's sad to say, but they don't give a shit, as long as what they have remains, and the person is nice about his fascism.


    Yes, I called him a Fascist, because people forget history WAY too much.

    If you look at the rise of Dictators and the fall of Democracies, it's this precise method that occurs, over and over.
    Is always confused.....

    My Name is Psylocke, "Stabby stabby pew pew!"

    My Psylocke stories at Fanfiction.net (ignore the editing, it's bad on purpose) https://www.fanfiction.net/~tazirai
    My better edited versions on Comicvine. Just check profile and my forum posts in fan fiction section. http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/tazirai/

  5. #8180
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    4,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Except I didn't. Your strawmanning made it seem that way, but my actual comments did no such thing. If it helps you sleep at night, believe whatever you want. However, you don't know what a strawman is (as evidenced by my correct usage of the term and your bewilderment about it) nor how frequently you employ it.

    Perhaps you'd notice less of the discussions you're involved in deteriorating into "That's not what I said" territory if you'd cut out that particular practice.
    You do realize this I’ve yet to see a day where you weren’t either arguing with myself, thirty, or several other posters correct?

  6. #8181
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    You do realize this I’ve yet to see a day where you weren’t either arguing with myself, thirty, or several other posters correct?
    Yes. I've used the discussion forum for discussions. To the gulag?

  7. #8182
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,997

    Default

    Maybe I missed Tami or someone else post this. I thought it was worth the read.

    I'm not sure I agree with all of his comments, but I do think he's right that the distinction between Democrats and Republicans can be made simple and brutally effective: We're not the ones taking your shit. Republicans will. 2018 was basically that model and proved effective.

  8. #8183

  9. #8184

  10. #8185
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    4,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Yes. I've used the discussion forum for discussions. To the gulag?
    And then when you can't make compelling argument you accuse people of strawmanning. There wasn't a strawman. You made a completely inconistant argument from the one you made literally the day before. Nobody made you try to puff your chest and say you were being the conistent one so you could feel better about your stance. You did that. I called you out.

    I'm more thinking trial by combat?

  11. #8186
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    And then when you can't make compelling argument you accuse people of strawmanning. There wasn't a strawman. You made a completely inconistant argument from the one you made literally the day before. Nobody made you try to puff your chest and say you were being the conistent one so you could feel better about your stance. You did that. I called you out.

    I'm more thinking trial by combat?
    You are clearly unable to grasp what a strawman is and how often you use them. Please, do some research, do some introspection, then knock it off.

    As for the trial by combat, then at least I'll know I'll be fighting a strawman. As you're well aware, they're way easier to take on.

  12. #8187
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    You do realize this I’ve yet to see a day where you weren’t either arguing with myself, thirty, or several other posters correct?
    Worth noting that the vast majority of those arguing are Sanders' supporters arguing with everyone else who doesn't see Sanders as they do.

    Even asking questions about policy is grounds for argument rather than objective answers.

  13. #8188
    Astonishing Member jetengine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    2,402

    Default

    Sanders is clearly an X-man, his mutant ability is to create an america sized time-warp thats locked us in 2016.

  14. #8189
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    4,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    You are clearly unable to grasp what a strawman is and how often you use them. Please, do some research, do some introspection, then knock it off.

    As for the trial by combat, then at least I'll know I'll be fighting a strawman. As you're well aware, they're way easier to take on.
    Was your argument that Biden coming in second place in Nevada after leading it a week ago consistent with your argument about NH being a dissapointment for Sanders or not?

  15. #8190
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Sanders is clearly an X-man, his mutant ability is to create an america sized time-warp thats locked us in 2016.
    I think it's just the bigger question of whether progressives will back up their talk with votes this time around.

    It might happen, but I doubt all the trash talking of -- and with -- other Democrats helps their cause.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •