Page 502 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 24024524924984995005015025035045055065125526021002 ... LastLast
Results 7,516 to 7,530 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    If Bernie or Warren wins the nomination, how will either of them be able to woo the moderate and independent voters? They need something else to sell than their "tax the wealthy" plan.
    I feel that Warren can do it, she's smart enough to figure it out.

Sanders, doubtful.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Luxemburg View Post
    Ok, but you're still wrong.

I'm not devoted to Sanders.

I think he sucks.
    No, I'm not wrong. I'm factually correct. Sanders as with Trump is the leader of an extremist movement I've already proven that. If you don't believe me ask those who have run afoul of this movement and what they've been subjected to. I'm no fan of Hillary Clinton but what the "Bernie Bros" have tried to do to her and her legacy is disgusting.

I never said you I said some on this board.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

Sanders, doubtful.
    Based on the Iowa caucus stats someone posted a few pages back, Sanders did better than Warren among moderates and independents.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I'm no fan of Hillary Clinton but what the "Bernie Bros" have tried to do to her and her legacy is disgusting.
    She's a war criminal.

What exactly can they do that will make her legacy seem worse?

She's a war criminal.

What exactly can they do that will make her legacy seem worse?
    Okay, now you are just being silly, right or are your serious?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    If Bernie or Warren wins the nomination, how will either of them be able to woo the moderate and independent voters? They need something else to sell than their "tax the wealthy" plan.
    That's why people were freaking out about the Rogan endorsement, Bernie does hold enough appeal to that demographic if he chooses to once again ask for their support, as it were. The question is whether this will be worth it in the long run given the possibility of alienating more solidly left wing folks, but at the very least it's an option. The other candidates don't have a snowball's chance in hell of appealing to these voters, and make no mistake, these are who swing voters are by and large, not enlightened centrists committed to neutrality in all things.

Everyone I've talked to about this subject says I am the most knowledgeable person they've ever encountered. At least I provided links to evidence for my assertations. The opinion of a faceless person on the Internet is of no consequence.

I knew I said I was done with this but I cannot allow your personal insult to stand without rebuttal.
    Of course all mass political movements are going to have aspects in common, there are just fundamental strategies involved in organizing and mobilizing a large number of behind a cause that everyone has to follow if they want to gain traction. What you were asserting though, was that ALL mass movements are inherently bad because some of them have turned out badly, which of course makes no sense because that would mean any leader with popular support would be on the same level as Hitler.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    That's why people were freaking out about the Rogan endorsement, Bernie does hold enough appeal to that demographic if he chooses to once again ask for their support, as it were. The question is whether this will be worth it in the long run given the possibility of alienating more solidly left wing folks, but at the very least it's an option. The other candidates don't have a snowball's chance in hell of appealing to these voters, and make no mistake, these are who swing voters are by and large, not enlightened centrists committed to neutrality in all things.
    Exactly, at the very least there is a crossover between Trump supporters you don't see with other candidates. Being cynical I think Sanders (if the nominee) can win many of them over if he promises them more stuff than Trump does. I'm not saying this is good only that the strategy could work.

BANNED

Okay, now you are just being silly, right or are your serious?
    She was secretary of state for the Obama administration.

Are you unaware of the things she was involved in?

She was secretary of state for the Obama administration.

Are you unaware of the things she was involved in?
    I'm aware. I've heard the talking points many times before. Thing is sometimes leaders of a country have to get their hands dirty to keep their country and the world stable and/or safe. We don't want a system in which we get to second guess a politician's routine choices when they leave office, trust me.

BANNED

I'm aware. I've heard the talking points many times before. Thing is sometimes leaders of a country have to get their hands dirty to keep their country and the world stable and/or safe. We don't want a system in which we get to second guess a politician's choices when they leave office, trust me.
    So the death of innocents is an acceptable price to you.

Gotcha.

Oh, and Libya and Honduras aren't exactly stable or safe right now.

Extraordinary Member

Everyone I've talked to about this subject says I am one of the most knowledgeable people they've ever encountered. At least I provided links to evidence for my assertations. The opinion of a faceless person on the Internet is of no consequence.

I knew I said I was done with this but I cannot allow your personal insult to stand without rebuttal.
    Do you actually talk to a lot of people about this because you aren’t making good arguments and quite frankly by any logical standard, your arguments could be extrapolated to so many it becomes meaningless. Tbh it just makes me think you talk to a lot of unknowledgeable people if I’m being completely honest.

Also the one link you actually decided to analyze actually had no real relevancy to what the poster you were arguing with was saying. Again multiple people called you out on that.

Likewise, as previously stated, I have degrees studying international politics and the histories and underlying principles embedded in them. Whatever your friends are telling you sounds rather inconsequential at this point.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

Sanders, doubtful.
    Unfortunately Warren fell apart the minute she started having to go on defense and defend her policies. Once Biden and Klobuchar attacked her on it people would get taxed on M4A and she released her plan which was a compromise option, she started plummeting.

She’s currently polling 4th in NH, which is basically her backyard. She needed to do well in Iowa and NH to be viable

So I am looking into Dems that I can support so I dont make the mistake of voting for Trump again. I have heard some things about Bloomberg from a couple of people. I know next to nothing about him. Are there any credible unbiased sites that I can go to to research more about him?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I listened to one of Joe Walsh's interviews today. Man it's still crazy to me what a 180 he has done since he was an avid Tea partier. Its like seeing Trump as president was a "stare into the abyss" moment for him.

https://slate.com/podcasts/trumpcast...-to-stop-trump

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    So I am looking into Dems that I can support so I dont make the mistake of voting for Trump again. I have heard some things about Bloomberg from a couple of people. I know next to nothing about him. Are there any credible unbiased sites that I can go to to research more about him?
    One source isn't enough

Michael Bloomberg is running for president in 2020. Here's everything we know about the candidate and how he stacks up against the competition.

A History of Bloomberg’s Successes and Failures

How Michael Bloomberg Went From Bond Trader To Billionaire Media Mogul With One Incredible Machine

Michael Bloomberg

Michael Bloomberg

THE MANY LIVES OF MICHAEL BLOOMBERG
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.