Page 591 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 914915415815875885895905915925935945956016416911091 ... LastLast
Results 8,851 to 8,865 of 17573
    BANNED

SOLIDARITY AMONGST THE RICH: ISAAC MIZRAHI ENDORSES FASCIST BLOOMBERG

ISAAC MIZRAHI’S AHISTORICAL SUPPORT OF MICHAEL BLOOMBERG ILLUSTRATES THAT SOLIDARITY AMONGST THE WEALTHY IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE LIVES OF MARGINALIZED PEOPLE.

On Tuesday, American designer Isaac Mizrahi announced his endorsement of Democratic presidential candidate, oligarch and all-around-terrible person, Michael Bloomberg.

Mizrahi, who has a net worth of 20 million dollars, explains that during Bloomberg’s time as mayor of New York, he fought “every day for the LGBTQ+ community.” Many were quick to point out that their experiences and the experiences of poor, working-class, Black, Indigenous and LGBTQIA+ communities of color were severely impacted by the billionaire’s pro-police, surveillance and mass incarceration decisions and policies.

Mizrahi’s support of the racist, sexist, capitalist, transphobic Bloomberg, demonstrates a point that many writers at Wear Your Voice have illustrated in their pieces, that shared marginalized identity (Mizrahi is openly gay), does not automatically translate to politics which support oppressed peoples.

Endorsing Mr. Stop-and-Frisk and lying about his supposed “support” of LGBTQIA+ communities strengthens the argument that the upper-class and 1% have solidarity only for each other. These election-fueled lies that we are told and the solidarity and unity amongst the rich is crucial to the continued existence of the mega-wealthy so that they may persist in their wealth-hoarding without hindrance, without interrogation and without needing to admit that our struggle against capitalism is also a struggle against queer/transphobia, patriarchy, imperialism, and white supremacy. Their energy is dedicated solely to ensuring that the marginalized do not revolt against them.

On Wednesday, shortly after Mizrahi’s endorsement, #AskBloomberg began on Twitter ahead of the next democratic presidential candidates’ debate as a push for the moderators to ask the questions that need answering. Many included vital information about the oligarch whose mayoral term was rife with ensuring that Black and brown people, the poor, working-class, disabled people, LGBTQIA+ folks and other marginalized people continued to suffer under the boots of capitalists, fascist cops and white supremacists.

It’s increasingly clear that the Democratic establishment is in favor of ensuring that someone like Bloomberg becomes the democratic nominee for president. The rich, much like Mizrahi, are increasingly aware that we’ve had enough of their parasitic way of life. This, like many other instances over the past few generations, are proof that capitalism is putrid garbage and we deserve a world without billionaires.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    You’re cherry picking straw men, of course Chuck Todd and Matthews would do that why would you expect anything less? There are dozens of reporters, anchors and consultants at MSNBC who aren’t them.

Michael Brooks isn’t what you’d call objective, either. Krystal Ball’s been turning into a leftist ideologues since she joined the Hill, I can’t help but think she’s cashing in on a vector since ’16. She wasn’t this hard left when she was on MSNBC, it must be a lucrative niche.
    Not to say they weren’t right in this particular case with Joy Reid.

Do you have anyone else that isn’t the obvious suspects? Fox News and Joe Rogan himself do this every day. You’re going to ne far more numbers to implicate MSNBC as a whole.

From your silence I can guess you’re alright with propaganda as long as its tilted towards Sanders, which impacts your objectivity when it comes to media reporting. The Young Turks and the Hill being prominent examples.
    I need sleep dude...
    I'm gonna go to sleep not respond to people on Message boards when I need to sleep AFTER I posted what I did.

Since I can see now that you are 100% not interested in honest discussion I'll Cherry Pick my replies to you. Because Being Leftist is bad now? Okay then.
    They all will tell you which way their biases fold. You're just not interested in what they have to say. That's cool.

But WHen they post the actual clips from MSNBC and you discount them that tells me a **** ton about you, and YOUR own form of propaganda promotion. You promote propaganda and dislike it when we disagree with you.

We can give you evidence and you and Aj will ignore it . So it gets to be whats the point of posting evidence.

I'll honestly tell you I despise Politico, The Hill most times, Huffpo, and such. Primarily because they are in the club and the the club means us pesky Progressives can go kick rocks.

Since Blago's sentence came up recently...

On the early evening radio, I caught part of an on-air interview with Chuck Goudie(reporter for the local ABC affiliate). While it didn't really stick out in my memory, Goudie mentioned that Rod had sort of taken a run at his sentencing judge as a part of his whole "This Is A Political Hit Job..." bit.

Goudie's take was such a run is a perfect way to get the book thrown at you.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    All these complaints about money when Sanders' biggest issue is explaining how he will get the money to pay for his programs.

It's almost as if you're ignoring the fact that Sanders entire campaign is based on having people pay more money to support his vision of America.

I get it though -- you feel you need to "obliterate" all of the other Democrats who don't share that vision, regardless of the facts or consequences.

-----
    "Sanders Hedges at CNN Town Hall, Won’t Rule Out Taking Bloomberg’s Money in General Election Against Trump"

"Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders initially dodged a direct question and then after a follow-up, didn’t rule out accepting 2020 rival Mike Bloomberg’s offer of hundreds of millions of dollars in general election support, saying that “right now” he didn’t think he would need the help.

Speaking at a CNN town hall in Nevada just a few days before that state’s caucus, Sanders pledged to support any Democratic nominee against Trump, but notably didn’t answer an audience member’s question about whether he would accept the pledged campaign support from the self-funding candidate, media tycoon Bloomberg.

“If nominated, would you accept help from billionaires like Bloomberg and if not, why throw away something that can make a huge difference in winning 2020?” asked undecided voter Ana Liker.

Sanders’ answer first touted his his campaign’s huge grassroots support and small-dollar contributions. He then pivoted to say: “I think I can speak for all of the other Democratic candidates, many of whom are longtime friends of mine. Which is on day one when I announced my candidacy, I said, obviously, we were going to do everything that I could to win, but if I did not win the nomination, I would support vigorously the candidate who would won, because Donald Trump must be defeated.”

CNN’s town hall moderator, Anderson Cooper, asked Sanders in a follow up. “Would you accept — if Michael Bloomberg doesn’t get it, he gets the nomination, he says, ‘I’ve got $500 million left over that I’m going to give to you,’ would you accept that?”

“Well, what I did say is that if Mr. Bloomberg wins, and I certainly hope he does not, I will support the Democratic nominee,” Sanders repeated, not directly addressing the question. “As of right now, we have not taken — we don’t have a Super PAC, we’re not asking for a Super PAC. That is my position right now.”

So, you’re not sure if you’d take the money?” Cooper pressed, as Sanders grimaced and looked down toward the floor. After a long pause that made it clear Sanders was done talking about the issue, Cooper smiled, nodded his head and said “Oh-kay” as he turned to the next questioner."

https://www.mediaite.com/election-20...against-trump/
    Doesn't sound like hedge at all, Sounds like CNN trying to make a non-story into a story. Kinda like how John Berman from CNN tried to press Brie and lied to the public about Sanders medical record, then Sanjay Gupta was like yeah Sanders is fine.

Keep trying though.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    We can give you evidence and you and Aj will ignore it . So it gets to be whats the point of posting evidence.
    Don't bring my name up if you're not going to answer the questions I asked regarding Sanders' policies and how he factually will pay for them.

And linking to a four page document that doesn't even address all of the costs nor how he will pass legislation doesn't cut it with an objective voter.

All you're doing here is driving people away from both you and your candidate -- if you can't answer a question about his budget, then just admit it and move on instead of lying about it.

Doesn't sound like hedge at all, Sounds like CNN trying to make a non-story into a story. Kinda like how John Berman from CNN tried to press Brie and lied to the public about Sanders medical record, then Sanjay Gupta was like yeah Sanders is fine.

Keep trying though.
    Keep trying what -- I stated in a later post that his goal was to pay for it without Bloomberg's money and it's possible that he could do so.

But I also pointed out that he still needs money to pay for his programs and that will require Congressional approval.

So why don't you "try" to answer how he will get that instead of acting as if every question about his campaign is an attack.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-19-2020 at 06:16 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    You've said you'll vote for Bernie if he's the candidate but after your barrage of attacks aimed at Sanders and only Sanders, I don't believe you anymore.
    I don't believe most of them anymore. They are far to Vote Blue no matter who EXCEPT Sanders because **** the guy trying to help millions of Americans lol.

Ultimate Member

I don't believe most of them anymore. They are far to Vote Blue no matter who EXCEPT Sanders because **** the guy trying to help millions of Americans lol.
    Fair enough.

Guess we're done speaking here.

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    It’s pretty fucked up that the media has pretty much erased Elisabeth Warren from the polls
    Warren is for Medicare For All.

While I agree that it's unfortunate, it's a pretty likely outcome.

Try to stifle the conversation you don't want people having as much as is possible.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Exactly WHAT is he winning? Short answer: not a blessed thing. The primary season is only a couple of weeks old, Super Tuesday isn't here yet, and the election is November. As I've stated before, polls THIS early in the proceedings don't mean a goddamn thing, not for Sanders, Biden or any of the others. A hell of a lot of things could change over the course of the next eight months, which is why I could care less about numbers right now. Crow to me that Sanders is "winning" AFTER he's beaten Trump in the general election if he's the Democratic candidate, and not before. By the way, the same goes for everyone else in the race.
    Well considering he is winning basically everywhere and with nearly all Demographics. That's called winning.
    I mean we can move the goal posts, but the good thing is that the country isn't the 15-20 people who post on this message board thread.
    The majority disagree with you...

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    Dude, I'm allowed to not believe you.

That isn't slander.
    A lo t of times I figure Centrists feel like the victims after attacking people, then you hit them back with facts and observations about their behavior.

Extraordinary Member

Statistically centrists are more likely to vote for a Republican than progressives are if they don’t get the candidate they like. It’s also telling that all the posters who routinely went on tirades about unity and not criticizing other candidates and gaslighting by demanding people say they will vote for the Democratic nominee are the ones who started bombarding this thread with attacks on Sanders as soon as the primary started, attacking his supporters, and saying he won’t bring unity.

It was very transparent that they were being self serving and were just saying that for optics purposes and it was really “my way or the highway” with them

Honestly, it's not worth even putting more than a minute into caring about.

If a couple of them have a big enough ax to grind that they don't want to vote for Sanders? Their call, and it's fine.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Already trying to make this personal and proving what's said about Sanders' supporters -- I've never once claimed I wouldn't vote for Sanders over Trump.

To the contrary, I've said I would vote for a rock over Trump.

Conversely, you have many Sanders supporters here saying they wouldn't vote for Bloomberg over Trump.

Which is all beside the point of you dodging what I said about many people not wanting to vote for higher taxes.

Like I said before -- you attack others because you can't refute the facts about Sanders' campaign.
    I am DEFINITELY NOT voting for Bloomberg. That fascist can go kick rocks. If Liberals want him, have at it, and great job on suppressing the vote.

I am DEFINITELY NOT voting for Bloomberg. That fascist can go kick rocks. If Liberals want him, have at it, and great job on suppressing the vote.
    Never mind that you had people saying that you are, at the very least, ok with the way Trump has treated/talked about women in the past if you will back him.

Think about if you apply that same logic to Bloomberg.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Statistically centrists are more likely to vote for a Republican than progressives are if they don’t get the candidate they like. It’s also telling that all the posters who routinely went on tirades about unity and not criticizing other candidates and gaslighting by demanding people say they will vote for the Democratic nominee are the ones who started bombarding this thread with attacks on Sanders as soon as the primary started, attacking his supporters, and saying he won’t bring unity.

It was very transparent that they were being self serving and were just saying that for optics purposes and it was really “my way or the highway” with them
    There are a lot of Centrists on Twiter today going after Bernie voters, and not the man himself, then at the end of their tirades cry about Unity. It's so old and boring now. You can't have an honest discussion with these people.

I don't watch the View, but saw AOC on it today, and was kinda upset, that she accepted Meghan "DID YOU KNOW SHE IS JOHN MCCAINS DAUGHTER?" McCain perspective about Bernie voters, instead of pointing out all the stuff Bernie voters point out as lies, and how we get smeared constantly, then begged to unify.

unity.jpg

Astonishing Member

I need sleep dude...
    I'm gonna go to sleep not respond to people on Message boards when I need to sleep AFTER I posted what I did.

Since I can see now that you are 100% not interested in honest discussion I'll Cherry Pick my replies to you. Because Being Leftist is bad now? Okay then.
    They all will tell you which way their biases fold. You're just not interested in what they have to say. That's cool.
    I am interested, I even agreed with you when you were right like with Joy Reid, Chuck and Matthews. I listen to what they have to say when they have something objective, not being propaganda for Sanders.

Ideologues are bad, being a leftist is fine.

But WHen they post the actual clips from MSNBC and you discount them that tells me a **** ton about you, and YOUR own form of propaganda promotion. You promote propaganda and dislike it when we disagree with you.
    You didn't post those clips in context you posted them in segments from propaganda networks. Which I agree was bad for those networks to do, I just don't think that's enough to write off MSNBC. Show me clips from the Hill, TYT and other leftist channels you think are making propaganda to criticise.

I respond to your, and others, evidence repeatedly. I didn't ignore your last post I just thought too much time had moved on to respond properly. I did note that one of your critiques of progressive vs liberal was strictly about economics, when that's not solely what being progressive is about. It includes social issues.

I'll honestly tell you I despise Politico, The Hill most times, Huffpo, and such. Primarily because they are in the club and the the club means us pesky Progressives can go kick rocks.
    You say that like leftist media isn't hasn't got its own problems with bias against liberals or Democrats.

Keep trying though.
    Sure it is, Sanders is showing all the signs of being ok taking Bloomberg's money in the general he just won't say it. Avoiding uncomfortable questions isn't a confirmation that he'll say no to that question, which was asked directly and more than once.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 02-19-2020 at 06:54 PM.