Page 529 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 294294795195255265275285295305315325335395796291029 ... LastLast
Results 7,921 to 7,935 of 17573
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

“Jim Jordan called me, begging me to change my story. To go against my brother. I had to get my lawyer to tell him to stop. That’s the kind of cover up it is. He’s a coward.”
    https://twitter.com/TheTNHoller/stat...02491197001728
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Boisterously Confused

Going on the Wall Of Things I Never Expected To Hear: Barr criticizing Trump's tweets.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I’m surprised Madam Pearl Clutcher (Collins) had the nerve to vote against the party’s interests.
    Surprised Romney wasn't among those who voted for it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Going on the Wall Of Things I Never Expected To Hear: Barr criticizing Trump's tweets.
    I just heard about that. Wonder if Barr is having 2nd thoughts about being Trump's Mr. Fixit. Though, honestly, I don't trust of believe Barr.
    Last edited by Tami; 02-13-2020 at 02:38 PM.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I just heard about that. Wonder if Barr is having 2nd thoughts about being Trump's Mr. Fixit.
    I see two possibilities:
    • He's concerned about what another Impeachment Investigation could do with this Stone thing
    • He's had a belly-full of being one of Trump's butt-monkeys.
    Of course, those two are not mutually exclusive.

ETA: There might be a third. This is a deliberate effort to whitewash Barr's actions, to create a smokescreen so Trump's supporters (cultists) have an excuse to claim that Barr acted on his own, and merely executed the responsibilities of his office in good faith. Now I doubt Trump's that savvy, but he's definitely that conniving.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 02-13-2020 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    "How can I do what he wants in secret if he shouts about it on Twitter?!"

Boisterously Confused

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    "How can I do what he wants in secret if he shouts about it on Twitter?!"
    The only problem many Republicans have with Trump is that he doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut about their corruption.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Here’s the problem with your assertion. Anyone who followed that election knew it was basically a second Brexit election. You can compare the men, but the fact is Corbyn had to run against a unified Brexit front once Farage bowed out while also dealing with the fact that his own electorate strongholds were pro Brexit.

It was a Brexit election, people stayed out of the election specifically to advance Brexit, all the debate was about Brexit. You can’t say “don’t let Brexit overshadow your opinion”.
    It's possible for Cobryn to be a terrible candidate for multiple reasons, did you look at how badly his campaign was run by Milne? It was a disaster. Blaming it all on Brexit is an excuse not to hold Corbyn himself accountable. I'm not saying Brexit wan't a big impact on the election, it was, it just wasn't all that held Corbyn back. Corbyn didn't grow strong between elections against the Tories, he grew weaker when his name became more and more radioactive to moderates. It wasn't like who he was helped him outside of Brexit, he was hated inside and outside Labour for more than his opinion on Brexit, which was the one area he did campaign like a centrist on.

Look at this analysis of the inner working of his campaign. This is embarrassing.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9324066.html

You would be hard pressed to find a Brit who was engaged in that election for any other reason
    You weren't looking in the right places if you think people in the UK were only interested in the election for Brexit, the election was as much about him.

In the aftermath Corbyn's Labour blamed the loss solely on Brexit, they thought Corbyn himself did nothing wrong with the campaign. Which is delusional.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9307836.html

Disgraceful. Anything and everything to avoid blaming Corbyn for being responsible.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    You telling me I'm buying into the propaganda is false. Why do you keep saying that? I get where you're coming from, but you keep accusing me of having my brain altered or something by the GOP. WHY?
    I fuckin hate the GOP. Why would I listen to modern Conservatives about 90% of anything?

Justice Democrats are a brand new organization and have to fight against entrenched forces. It's like the Rebellion you win the fights where you can to get a foothold, then branch from there. It's common tactics.

I don't get your last point. But if the Democrats are going to win going forward. They need to realize the generations have changed. This isn't the tip oneal era or the Reagan era. Times change, The GOP realizes this and outmaneuver the Democrats constantly.

All I'm asking of the Democrats is fight as hard as you can. If that's too much to ask, then we deserve to lose.
    That's not me as a Sanders Supporter, that's me as a human being not wanting people to die, because Democrats would rather take corporate cash, and keep the status quo.

Status Quo is killing the planet.
    I told you how you're directly quoting GOP propaganda. I keep saying that because you keep saying it and refuse to believe what I saw with my own eyes. You tell me, they got you somehow.

Being a brand new organisation is an excuse, they're using your tactics and failing badly.

They haven't changed as much as you think, otherwise the Justice Democrats would be having more victories, not limited to safe blue districts. Young voters continue to be an unreliable voting bloc.

They are, it's not their fault the opposition has a built in advantage and America has a strong conservative culture. The status quo knows how to maintain itself, complaining on't do anything, the left need tactics that work or they lose.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    That’s probably true (that it wasn’t about his ideology)...much more about his perceived lack of competence and his perceived lack of patriotism.

I think it’s probably realistic to say that doubts about his competence were probably fair...it’s astounding that he didn’t realise that the “Brexit” policy the Labour Party had taken in the 2 years before was really, really unpopular in traditional Labour strongholds.

Equally surprising that the main architect of that unpopular policy...Sir Keir Starmer...is a front runner to replace him as Labour leader.
    The issue is though Brexits fucking dumb. Its an economic knee capping created by Tories to dodge their owning of Austerity and avoid having to pay Tax. But people voted for it in a hideously crooked refferendum. 50/50 down the middle, one party (tories) were all for it, one party (lib dems) were 100% against it. Either way you'll have a pissed off population, Labours idea (vote again in a less crooked manner with more rules in place to avoid the prior **** up) seemed the most logical.

But no, "Patriotism" won out despite Boris being a massive **** up of a politician, having wasted MILLIONS in his time as Mayor of London and looking to waste more.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    The only problem many Republicans have with Trump is that he doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut about their corruption.
    And they can’t stop him from babbling like a brook or tweeting his thumbs off, something I’m sure frustrates Republicans no end.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Word on the tweet is that it's because Trump is out of control, and she is remembered at somebody who can make him do what his handlers want - on occasion.
    I think the days of people trying to control Trump are passed. He's in full-on Dictator mode.
    My hope is he'll be so full of himself after the impeachment he over-steps to a degree McConnell and the GOP will be forced to take action to reign him in.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Honestly, I don't think they care anymore about public opinion. The conservative voters are locked in due to decades of misinformation from Fox News and the Facebook echo chamber. Progressives wouldn't vote for them anyway so who cares what they think or say.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I just heard about that. Wonder if Barr is having 2nd thoughts about being Trump's Mr. Fixit. Though, honestly, I don't trust of believe Barr.
    Barr may criticize Trump a little to make himself seem like less of a bitch, but he'll do what he's told if he wants to keep his job.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 02-13-2020 at 05:15 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Sanders Cements Front-Runner Status After New Hampshire Win

Vermont senator expands lead over Biden to 10 points

https://morningconsult.com/2020/02/1...hampshire-win/

"Following his narrow victory in New Hampshire’s Democratic presidential primary — his second successive strong showing in the party’s first nominating contests — Sen. Bernie Sanders opened up a double-digit lead over former Vice President Joe Biden and entrenched himself as the best-positioned candidate heading into next week’s Nevada caucuses.

According to a Morning Consult poll conducted Wednesday, the Vermont independent is the first choice for 29 percent of Democratic primary voters, up 4 percentage points since polling conducted Feb. 4-9. Biden’s support fell 3 points during that time to 19 percent, leaving him 1 point ahead of former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg.

Former South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg of Indiana, who placed second in New Hampshire but leads Sanders by a whisker in the race for Democratic National Convention delegates, saw no change in his first-choice support, while the Granite State’s third-place finisher, Amy Klobuchar, improved 2 points, to 5 percent. She trails Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) by 5 points.

The survey of 2,639 registered voters nationwide who indicated they may vote in the Democratic primary or caucuses in their state has a 2-point margin of error.

The results are poor reading for Biden, who continues a dramatic drop that erases the national lead he held for over a year until his fourth-place showing in the Feb. 3 Iowa caucuses. The decline in Biden’s support comes amid faltering voter confidence over his perceived general-election strength, even as he banks his candidacy for the Democratic nod on the more diverse electorates driving nominating contests in Nevada and South Carolina ahead of Super Tuesday.

Since a Feb. 4-5 Morning Consult poll conducted after his poor Iowa performance, the share of Democratic primary voters who said Biden has the best chance of beating President Donald Trump this November fell 12 points to 17 percent in a Wednesday poll. He trails Sanders and Bloomberg, who gained 6 and 7 points respectively, on the question for the first time in Morning Consult polling. The margin of error for responses from Democratic primary voters in each of those polls is 3 points.

Among black voters — one of Biden’s strongest blocs of support — confidence in his chances of beating Trump fell 10 points, to 21 percent. Roughly a third of black voters (32 percent) said Sanders is Democrats’ best chance to beat Trump, up 9 points from last week, and 21 percent said Bloomberg, up 7 points."

Bernie's winning this.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

2020-02-13 Jennifer Rubin on Twitter well one thing if Biden doesn't recover Trump spent all tha.jpg

When Biden decided to run, I had a similar thought [though before the whole Ukraine thing]. That Trump would go after him and leave the other candidates mostly alone.