Page 493 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 393443483489490491492493494495496497503543593993 ... LastLast
Results 7,381 to 7,395 of 17573
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Victoria has won the NLGJA and the Society of Professional Journalists awards, the Lambda Literary Award, the Keystone Award for Best Reporting, and in 2013 SPJ Award for Enterprise Reporting.

She is a senior politics reporter and contributing editor for Curve magazine, contributing editor for Lambda Literary Review and a columnist for San Francisco Bay Area Reporter. She is also a regular contributor to The Advocate, a blogger for Hufffngton Post and A Room of Her Own,

She has been a columnist for the Philadelphia Daily News, Baltimore Sun, SPIN magazine and The Independent Voice. Her reporting and commentary have appeared in the New York Times, Village Voice, Los Angeles Times, Boston Globe, Philadelphia Inquirer, The Nation, Ms Magazine, Diva and Slate.
    Oh wow Curve and the HuffPost. She’s known for trolling online and having heavy editorialized bias.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Victoria has won the NLGJA and the Society of Professional Journalists awards, the Lambda Literary Award, the Keystone Award for Best Reporting, and in 2013 SPJ Award for Enterprise Reporting.

She is a senior politics reporter and contributing editor for Curve magazine, contributing editor for Lambda Literary Review and a columnist for San Francisco Bay Area Reporter. She is also a regular contributor to The Advocate, a blogger for Hufffngton Post and A Room of Her Own,

She has been a columnist for the Philadelphia Daily News, Baltimore Sun, SPIN magazine and The Independent Voice. Her reporting and commentary have appeared in the New York Times, Village Voice, Los Angeles Times, Boston Globe, Philadelphia Inquirer, The Nation, Ms Magazine, Diva and Slate.
    For some people here, only journalists who fit their narrative exist.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Extraordinary Member

For some people here, only journalists who fit their narrative exist.
    I didnt deny she was a journalist. I said she was a troll. She earned her reputation. Also the tweets you posted already contained misleading info (Biden has more billionaire donors, but Pete's campaign is more heavily dependent on them).

You flat out denied that POC's existed.

There's a difference. Get up to speed.

BANNED

I just love how seamlessly and effortlessly all the centrists switched from Biden to Buttigieg, completely unfazed by the fact Biden's supposed strengths like his experience, electability, and appeal to minorities, are exactly Buttigieg's greatest weaknesses. And of course, when Buttigieg inevitably falters because, seriously, he's totally out of his depth in a presidential race, they'll just transition all their support to Bloomberg without missing a beat.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Oh wow Curve and the HuffPost. She’s known for trolling online and having heavy editorialized bias.
    The main reason she is not working a beat anymore for the other major newspapers you ignored from my post is that she has been confined to a wheelchair due to MS and cancer. I hope you feel good about making fun about her current outlets, Knight.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    I just love how seamlessly and effortlessly all the centrists switched from Biden to Buttigieg, completely unfazed by the fact Biden's supposed strengths like his experience, electability, and appeal to minorities, are exactly Buttigieg's greatest weaknesses. And of course, when Buttigieg inevitably falters because, seriously, he's totally out of his depth in a presidential race, they'll just transition all their support to Bloomberg without missing a beat.
    We're actually just continuing to do the same thing: Point out the mostly baseless smears of Bernie Bros. As their targets change, it looks like we're defending other people. I've always been a Kamala kid and am still hoping she'll be Veep.

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    I didnt deny she was a journalist. I said she was a troll. She earned her reputation. Also the tweets you posted already contained misleading info (Biden has more billionaire donors, but Pete's campaign is more heavily dependent on them).

You flat out denied that POC's existed.

There's a difference. Get up to speed.
    Yes, because I seriously thought there were only 6 POCs in Iowa.

Are you denying that Iowa is one of the whitest contests in the primary?
    A few refugee communities that Sanders reached out to do not change that. Except maybe under Bernie Math Rules.
    Last edited by PaulBullion; 02-10-2020 at 11:44 AM.

Hillary was right!

Authorities arrested a man in Florida, for driving into a Republican voter registration tent, narrowly missing the volunteers.

https://www.newsweek.com/man-arreste...nteers-1486415

Mark Alfieri was one of the volunteers who avoided being struck by the van. He told Action News Jax that he was volunteering at the tent with five women when the van came within inches of hitting them.

"Kind of out of the blue, a man approached us in a van, was waving at us, kind of a friendly demeanor, thought he was coming up to talk to us, instead he accelerated his vehicle and plowed right into our tent, our tables," Alfieri told the station.

Alfieri said the man then backed up his vehicle, took out his cell phone to film the damage and "made some obscene gestures at us" before driving off.

Law Enforcement has been notified. Be careful tough guys who you play with! https://t.co/1Pq0hOrzy2

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 9, 2020
    Trump responded to the incident on Twitter, writing, "Be careful tough guys who you play with!"

His tweet came in response to GOP chairwoman Ronna McDaniel tweeting, "These unprovoked, senseless attacks on @realDonaldTrump's supporters need to end. I want to echo the @DuvalGOP in saying: We will not be silenced by cowards, and these disgusting acts will only make us work harder to win November."

Timm was charged with aggravated assault, criminal mischief, and driving with a suspended license, according to the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office. He was jailed without bond on Saturday night.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    And that's why I don't trust him on dealing with growing tensions between law enforcement and minorities/low income people; if he screwed up big time when he was mayor of an Indiana city, what makes you think he's gonna do a better job as the President of the United States? That and his willingness to sell out to big corporations are my biggest complaints about Mayor Pete.

If Mayor Pete wins the nomination, but fails to unite the entire party and even get independent voters behind him, then Trump wins reelection.

I wonder how many of the black democratic voters will rather stay at home than vote in November?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    If Mayor Pete wins the nomination, but fails to unite the entire party and even get independent voters behind him, then Trump wins reelection.

I wonder how many of the black democratic voters will rather stay at home than vote in November?
    I wonder why you (and others) primarily only discuss black voters when it's to attack opponents.

Not really though -- I know exactly why that is.

Anyway, if you care that much about black voters, wait and see what happens beyond Iowa and New Hampshire.

Instead of constantly attacking candidates, let the process play out and let the voters decide.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-09-2020 at 09:33 AM.

The math on the caucus worksheet isn't corrected to preserve the record of any mistakes made in the math. The math is checked and if any mistake influenced the number of delegates a candidate received the delegate number is corrected to maintain fairness and accuracy in the process. This actually works in Bernie's favor as much as any other candidates.
    You don't understand the process and it shows in the wrong-headedness of your posts.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Remarkable. Sen. Graham says he talked to AG Barr this morning and they have set up a "process" by which Rudy Giuliani will now send his Biden "dirt" directly to AG Barr.
    Twitter Link with Video
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post

Buttigieg will not be president, period. The centrists are trying to make a show of uniting behind him to take down Bernie, but once he wilts in the spotlight they'll abandon him just like they abandoned Biden, mostly likely switching their support to Bloomberg, who also has no chance of winning. At the end of the day they see Bernie as a bigger threat to their way of life than Trump, and so they'll find whatever excuse they can to make him out to be enough of a bad guy to justify either putting up a weak nominee that will lose badly in the general, or even flat out just voting for Trump because Bernie is even worse by some twisted logic.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I just don't think any Democrat* can do it. Bernie has too much baggage and it's too easy to turn people against him.

*edit: Should have said candidate running for Democrats, as Bernie is not a member.
    And I didn't post "any" candidate.....I said the "right" candidate. I am hoping the primaries will end up with that candidate but after Iowa? Yeesh. The news cycle is very short for Trump. He has multiple outrages per day and week. This will stay with the Democrats for a while. I can see the ads saying they run crooked investigations into the "innocent" Trump and crooked primaries.