Page 1049 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 495499499991039104510461047104810491050105110521053105910991149 ... LastLast
Results 15,721 to 15,735 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I beg to differ, Caramel Caligula DOES have a policy: If a law, rule or regulation has Obama's name on it, Trump will move heaven and earth to kill it.
    If a Law, Regulation, or Policy exists that doesn't benefit him, Trump will ignore it and do whatever the *bleep* he wants to.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Trump has no policy, he only knows attacks and personal aggrandizement.
    There is SOME policy in the back of all of that, but yeah... his entire game plan is centered around turning politics into a sort of carnival side show. He can generally drag everything into the mud and win, because he can somehow someway get away with saying things that no other politican can.

In this regard I think Bernie would actually have an easier time than Biden (which is not to say I necessarily believe Bernie overall is the more electable of the two). I think Bernie would have had a much easier time keeping things more policy focused. Policy isn't necessarily Bidens strong point (though he's obviously ahead of Trump), while giving Trump a lot more ammuniction to fire on him with.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    May I ask you (and other members here) this hypothetical question: What if Biden was credibly accused of sexual misconduct to the same level as Trump would you still support him and vote for him out of necessity to avoid four more years of Trump? Or is voting for another accused sexual predator simply because he’s the better alternative simply a line you personally won’t cross even it is for the sake of saving the country?

For the record, I’m in the same boat as you in regards to the Tara Reade allegation. I find her story to be quite dubious.
    This sounds like a gotcha to be honest.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

May I ask you (and other members here) this hypothetical question: What if Biden was credibly accused of sexual misconduct to the same level as Trump would you still support him and vote for him out of necessity to avoid four more years of Trump? Or is voting for another accused sexual predator simply because he’s the better alternative simply a line you personally won’t cross even it is for the sake of saving the country?

For the record, I’m in the same boat as you in regards to the Tara Reade allegation. I find her story to be quite dubious.
    If such allegations were 100 percent credible, complete with sufficient, rock solid evidence, I would hope Biden would do the honorable thing and drop out of the race rather than put voters through a choice from hell. I can't speak for anyone else here, but if Biden were accused and refused to bow out, I would not vote for him. To attack Trump for being a predator, yet give Biden a pass for the same thing would make me a first class hypocrite. As for Reader, it was more than a little fishy she waited until Biden practically wrapped up the nomination before revealing her allegation.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    If such allegations were 100 percent credible, complete with sufficient, rock solid evidence, I would hope Biden would do the honorable thing and drop out of the race rather than put voters through a choice from hell. I can't speak for anyone else here, but if Biden were accused and refused to bow out, I would not vote for him. To attack Trump for being a predator, yet give Biden a pass for the same thing would make me a first class hypocrite. As for Reader, it was more than a little fishy she waited until Biden practically wrapped up the nomination before revealing her allegation.
    Problem then becomes, who gets the nomination? With everyone else out of the race. Would make for an insane DNC conference.

I think the person you genuinely believe to be the better alternative is still the better alternative.

If you must choose between 2 alleged rapists, choose the alleged rapist who you believe will be best for the country. Sucks to be put in that positon, but what else can you do?

Unless of course the DNC pulls out someone at the last minute in the conference. Then that potentially changes the game.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    There is SOME policy in the back of all of that, but yeah... his entire game plan is centered around turning politics into a sort of carnival side show. He can generally drag everything into the mud and win, because he can somehow someway get away with saying things that no other politican can.
    Trump not "getting away" with anything -- most people know exactly what he is all about.

It's past time to accept that a substantial number of Americans completely support said behavior -- especially the Republicans in Congress.

He wouldn't be president otherwise.

Even on this forum you can see people who wouldn't lift a hand to stop him -- it's not hard to "get away" with things if people let you.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 04-10-2020 at 10:28 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    This sounds like a gotcha to be honest.
    I only ask this question because even though I will vote for Biden, it makes me wonder if Biden was in the same position as Trump in with regards to the allegations would most of the Democratic base look pass those allegations just to get Trump out of office. Could I bring myself to vote for Biden? And the answer is I’m not honestly not sure. I’m just curious what Biden supporters like yourself would do in that situation? Sure, if Biden was going against a regular boring Republican like Mitt Romney that could afford you the luxury not to vote for either of them, but its far too risky to let the country be damaged by four more years of this administration. Do I look pass those shortcomings, and vote Biden in this making myself look like the ultimate hypocrite or do I keep to my core principles and take a stance against sexual assault and risk the country and the quite frankly the world be ruined further by four more years of Trump by refusing to vote for Biden?
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 04-10-2020 at 10:27 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    If a Law, Regulation, or Policy exists that doesn't benefit him, Trump will ignore it and do whatever the *bleep* he wants to.
    He has that power because of Mitch McConnell and the Republican majority, which is why it's important to vote straight D's this November.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Ok, I'll bite.

Yes, I would vote for Biden, and let me tell you why. I believe that if the allegations were proven absolutely true, the Democrats would move to impeach Biden, get him out of office, and then whomever he picked for the VP would take over. And that as-of-yet-unnamed person is STILL far more qualified than the Orange Goblin.

In the end, is it voting for the lesser of two evils? Yes it is, but I'll take the evil that won't actively try to destroy the country over the one that is.

The only person close to Trump's in sexual assault is Harvey Weinstein. Why not ask if Biden were a traitor, or tax cheat, or criminally corrupt?

Let's talk about the real Biden and the real Trump.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Trump not "getting away" with anything -- most people know exactly what he is all about.

It's past time to accept that a substantial number of Americans completely support said behavior -- especially the Republicans in Congress.

He wouldn't be president otherwise.

Even on this forum you can see people who wouldn't lift a hand to stop him -- it's not hard to "get away" with things if people let you.
    I honestly doubt even other republicans could get away with the things he's said. Especially ones sitting in the White House, who have every single word out of their mouths filtered through a half dozen speech writers on their staff.

That said, maybe Trump will change that. Maybe for better or for worse more politicians will be less filtered in what they say.

Astonishing Member

https://www.mediaite.com/news/new-po...mpression=true

What’s happening to this country? I’m seriously depressed.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Oklahoma embarrassment, Senator James Inhofe, is no longer running unopposed.

https://secure.actblue.com/donate/ab-website
    I say, if you can afford it support as many Democrats as possible going after the worst Republicans in government.

Phil Ehr
    @PhilEhr
    If you're still not convinced I can beat Matt Gaetz in November, just watch this video of him making a fool of himself on Fox News...

Then chip in to help us defeat him here: https://secure.actblue.com/donate/gmmg
    Twitter Link