Page 347 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 247297337343344345346347348349350351357397447847 ... LastLast
Results 5,191 to 5,205 of 17573
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Just name a policy you disagree with, it’s not hard.
    It's also not hard for you to just scroll back and find find what policies have been discussed over the past week.

Let's be real -- if I bring up said policies, all I'll wind up doing is making the same arguments that were made before.

There's absolutely no reason for me to do that just to satisfy your sense of self-righteousness.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    It's also not hard for you to just scroll back and find find what policies have been discussed over the past week.

Let's be real -- if I bring up said policies, all I'll wind up doing is making the same arguments that were made before.

There's absolutely no reason for me to do that just to satisfy your sense of self-righteousness.
    Why are you deflecting on every post? One sentence. I’ve literally answered you on ever post

Why are you deflecting on every post? One sentence. I’ve literally answered you on ever post
    Here’s two I’ve seen brought up and discussed in the last week:

- College for all
    - Medicare for all

In both cases, people brought up and discussed ‘How will it get paid for?’ and ‘Will these policies actually work as intended? Or at all?’ and got attacked for ‘attacking Bernie’.

So...I won’t speak for Aja, but for me, it’s exhausting to have to relitigate something from 4 years ago over and over again. Imagine how irritating it is to have to go back and repost things posted less than a week ago, that readers of this thread NOT reading it just to ‘defend Bernie’ would have noticed/taken part in if they actually wanted to be part of the discussion and not just attack dog for Bernie at every perceived slight?
    Last edited by zinderel; 01-24-2020 at 04:54 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post

- College for all
    - Medicare for all

In both cases, people brought up and discussed ‘How will it get paid for?’ and ‘Will these policies actually work as intended? Or at all?’ and got attacked for ‘attacking Bernie’.

So...
    Yup, sign me up as a major opponent of "college for all" without intense changes to the plans currently being proposed. I think they're horrible, horrible ideas. They won't work, they'll cause major unintended consequences, they'll piss people off (see the guy in Iowa with Warren) and they'll be more expensive than currently billed.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Yup, sign me up as a major opponent of "college for all" without intense changes to the plans currently being proposed. I think they're horrible, horrible ideas. They won't work, they'll cause major unintended consequences, they'll piss people off (see the guy in Iowa with Warren) and they'll be more expensive than currently billed.
    Personally, I think food, education, prison and medicine should be non-profit industries. Period. The systems we have in place for each are horrifying, traumatizing and/or dehumanizing for most people forced to participate in them. But that said, I haven’t seen any actual solutions to the issues of ‘how do we pay for it’ and ‘will it work’.

I mean, we pay for it by taxing the rich, actually enforcing tax law on corporations instead of giving them kickbacks they don’t need or deserve, and cutting funding to the military. Those two resource pools are so enormous that dipping into them is a no-brainer. But the reality is, the rich will lean on the politicians they own and those taxes will end up falling on us instead, and military cuts would end up coming from the VA or military wages/benefits and not from the corporate welfare that we spend on the military industrial complex. So until we get some hard facts and an outline on how it’ll work, it’s a pipe dream.
    Last edited by zinderel; 01-24-2020 at 05:05 PM.

Ultimate Member

- College for all
    - Medicare for all

So...I won’t speak for Aja, but for me, it’s exhausting to have to relitigate something from 4 years ago over and over again. Imagine how irritating it is to have to go back and repost things posted less than a week ago, that readers of this thread NOT reading it just to ‘defend Bernie’ would have noticed/taken part in if they actually wanted to be part of the discussion and not just attack dog for Bernie at every perceived slight?
    Especially when people will still go on to claim that you are just "attacking Bernie" and not addressing actual policy, regardless.

And to address Tarzai's posts -- which I missed the first time around -- I not only question how Trump will pay for his tax cuts, I actively oppose them and frequently criticize them as well. If anything, the Republican party is who I "attack" -- not Sanders, or any other Democratic candidates for that matter.

That said, I don't oppose many of Sanders policies -- I just ask how he intends to deliver on his promises in the face of Republican (and independent) opposition.

The fact that he will most likely have to raise taxes -- including on the middle class -- is not going to go over well with most voters in the general election.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 01-24-2020 at 05:07 PM.

Extraordinary Member

- College for all
    - Medicare for all

I mean I can’t really argue those as both candidates I’m supporting want those. I’ll just say there are models all over the world to achieve those in some form or another

I mean I can’t really argue those as both candidates I’m supporting want those. I’ll just say there are models all over the world to achieve those in some form or another
    For sure! But the difference is, the American government is entrenched in its corporate corruption and catering to the 1%. Places like Finland, that made these things work wonderfully for their people, did so over the course of less than 100 years. We have spent almost triple that catering to the wealthiest among us at the expense of the poorest, and the drastic change we all WANT will take both time and continuity of control. We need Democrats to control the Senate and Presidency so that we can get judges who aren’t backwards-thinking howler monkeys like Cavenaugh or smug nut bags like Roberts and Scalia and their ilk who think that nothing needs to change in this country since they benefit from how it is now.

But as long as we keep infighting and holding every candidate but our own to standards of perfection and purity that CANNOT BE MET in the real world as it is, we will never get that, and progress WILL. NOT. HAPPEN.

No matter how much Bernie and Warren talk the good talk and fight the good fight, the reality is that they WILL face opposition if they try to implement their plans, from within the party and without, thanks to the propaganda wing of the Republican Party and the demands for perfection from the left. And asking that they address this fact is not attacking them. It’s asking them to be clear and not make promises they have no way to keep.
    Last edited by zinderel; 01-24-2020 at 05:18 PM.

It addresses the point that many Sanders supporters spend more time attacking Biden than holding Rogan accountable.

This isn't even anything to be argued about -- if that's the kind of campaigning you feel that you should support, then so be it.
    When Joe Rogan might be President after making credit card companies life easier while his son is getting a check from them, let me know.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    When Joe Rogan might be President after making credit card companies life easier while his son is getting a check from them, let me know.
    Well, so long as he's only claiming black neighborhoods are like "The Planet of the Apes" then I guess he's the right man for you instead of Biden.

Oh no!!! A rich white guy might have done rich white guy stuff like nepotism and making money! That’s SOOOOOOO much worse than catering to white supremacists and providing succor and comfort to enemies at home and abroad, like the current officeholder.

Is Biden perfect? Not at all. Except for Bernie Bros, you wont find ANY supporter of ANY politician claiming their candidate is perfect and flawless. Lots of people have criticized Biden for this and other things without coming across as a Bernie fanatic. In fact, many of the ‘haters’ you hate have made excellent criticisms about him.

We just won’t let our issue with him blind us to the reality that in a race between him and Trump, Biden is the hands-down better choice, even if he isn’t our top pick. DESPITE his flaws, we are willing to swallow our distaste for those flaws and do what it takes to not just hand Trump another victory the way he was handed 2016. Same as we TRIED to accomplish with Hillary only to face a unified right emboldened by rage, hatred, stupidity and a bunch of petty lefties railing about party purity and deciding amongst themselves who was ‘left enough’ to get their vote and who wouldn’t get it no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I know, right? I wonder if someone from Gene Roddenberry’s estate is looking at this?
    Trump unveils logo for Starfleet ... er, Space Force ... and Trekkers take to Twitter

As the impeachment trial of Donald Trump continued in earnest on Friday, the president was boldly unveiling his new logo for the US Space Force.
    Almost immediately after the design’s unveiling, people began pointing out the many similarities it bore to the logo for a certain fictional space fleet.
    George Takei, one of the stars of Star Trek, jumped into the conversation to suggest the Trump administration pay the cast “royalties”.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I just burst out laughing.

Well, so long as he's only claiming black neighborhoods are like "The Planet of the Apes" then I guess he's the right man for you instead of Biden.
    Again...

When Rogan is actually holding any sway over policy that actually stands to let credit companies shaft minorities even more than they already do, let me know.

Ultimate Member

Again...

When Rogan is actually holding any sway over policy that actually stands to let credit companies shaft minorities even more than they already do, let me know.
    How about I let you know when he's "holding sway" over many Sanders supporters instead?

Like right now.