Page 1034 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 345349349841024103010311032103310341035103610371038104410841134 ... LastLast
Results 15,496 to 15,510 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    It's this. They're already all over Twitter with the #neverBiden ****. They'll not vote, vote 3rd Party, or write in Bernie. I hope Bernie makes an effort to talk some fucking sense into these summer children.
    Biden's not Hillary.

He's always done well with working class voters. He won't run into the same mid-west problems.

Never to early to blame the the probable lose of Biden on Bernie, eh?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    There’s a lot of people that can’t accept that Hillary herself was a major problem last time. Some people need excuses and can’t just get over a mistake. Hopefully Biden wins. We don’t need 4 years of “well but’s”

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

U.S. coronavirus death projection lowered but official warns of 'second wave'

An influential university model on the U.S. coronavirus pandemic on Wednesday scaled back its projected death toll by 26% to 60,000 but a federal health official warned of a second wave of infections if Americans relax "social distancing" practices.

The downward revision in the death toll in the University of Washington model - often cited by U.S. and state policymakers - coincides with comments by some political leaders that caseloads may have reached a plateau in certain areas.

Those assessments in recent days, including an apparent leveling out in hospitalizations in New York state - the U.S. epicenter of the pandemic - are tempered by a persistent climb in the U.S. death toll, which rose by more than 1,900 on Tuesday as some 30,000 new infections were reported.

New York Mayor Bill De Blasio told a briefing on Wednesday that coronavirus-related hospitalizations in the most populous U.S. city had stabilized and that the need for ventilators was lower than projected.

"In the last few days we've actually seen fewer ventilators needed that were projected," the mayor said.

Even that revised forecast suggested months of pain ahead for the United States. All told, about 400,000 U.S. infections have been reported, along with roughly 13,000 deaths.

"What's really important is that people don't turn these early signs of hope into releasing from the 30 days to stop the spread - it's really critical," said Deborah Birx, the coordinator of the White House coronavirus task force, referring to guidelines aimed at reducing the spread of the virus.

"If people start going out again and socially interacting, we could see a really acute second wave," Birx added.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Biden's not Hillary.
    Oh, so you just didn't read what I wrote?

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    I'm certainly not blaming Bernie, just his supporters that will not vote if they can't vote for him.

Oh, so you just didn't read what I wrote?

I'm certainly not blaming Bernie, just his supporters that will not vote if they can't vote for him.
    I disregard Twitter as a matter of course.

It is not the real world by a long stretch.

It's this. They're already all over Twitter with the #neverBiden ****. They'll not vote, vote 3rd Party, or write in Bernie. I hope Bernie makes an effort to talk some fucking sense into these summer children.
    I just wish we had the sense that Conservatives seem to have. If nothing else, you won’t get another Trump appointee on the Supreme Court. The ACA was saved last time by a single vote from Roberts, not Kennedy. I’m not sure you want to play with that math any more than it already has been.
    Last edited by TheDarman; 04-08-2020 at 10:41 AM.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

While these incidents have occurred overseas, I worry it might only be a matter of time before that madness happens here:

As coronavirus fears grow, doctors and nurses face abuse, attacks

It’s hard enough being a doctor in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic. But Sanjibani Panigrahi, a psychiatrist at a government hospital in western India, now finds her own neighbors turning against her.

“We are sure you have corona,” one woman recently shrieked at her, she says, — part of a torrent of abuse from residents at her apartment complex. “We will not allow you in the building.”

In some cities, health-care workers are earning standing ovations for the long, life-risking hours they’re putting in to battle the coronavirus. But in others, they’re facing discrimination and even attacks.

In Mexico, Colombia, India, the Philippines, Australia and other countries, people terrified by the highly infectious virus are lashing out at medical professionals — kicking them off buses, evicting them from apartments, even dousing them with water mixed with chlorine.

The culprits are a minority of the population. But Mexican state authorities are so worried that they’ve arranged special buses for nurses. In parts of Australia, hospitals are urging nurses not to wear their uniforms in public, to avoid attacks.

Last week, Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte ordered police to protect health workers after reports of assaults — including one in which someone splashed bleach in a hospital employee’s face.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Stupid Kills: The 5 Worst GOP Governors’ Responses to COVID-19

If it is only 5 out of 50, we might survive.
    Kind of surprised my governor, Mark Gordon of Wyoming, wasn't put on there. Though I guess "pleading for residents to stay home" (no stay at home orders given of any kind) over ignoring the epidemic altogether keeps him out of the bottom 5.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    I just wish we had the sense that Conservatives seem to have. If nothing else, you won’t get another Trump appointee on the Supreme Court. The ACA was saved last time by a single vote from Roberts, not Kennedy. I’m not sure you want to play with that math any more than it already has been.
    This. Just like last time, even if you have no faith in Biden doing anything else, you have to know that he will appoint liberal Justices to the Supreme Court. Of course, we also have to get a majority in the Senate so that McConnell can't hold up any more Supreme Court appointments.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Biden's not Hillary.
    That’s the case I’ve been making, but I think that might be for the worse among some Twitter personalities. They are all saying they won’t vote for Biden, despite what Sanders says. I may have been mote disengaged from those spaces on social media in 2016, but I don’t remember the response being this bad back in 2016.

He's always done well with working class voters. He won't run into the same mid-west problems.
    It is important to get those voters back. But we can’t really afford to lose any of Hillary’s support either. We need to build on top of it. Any that we lose is yet another vote we need to swing from Trump or Stein or Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    This. Just like last time, even if you have no faith in Biden doing anything else, you have to know that he will appoint liberal Justices to the Supreme Court. Of course, we also have to get a majority in the Senate so that McConnell can't hold up any more Supreme Court appointments.
    The hope is that Democrats only lose a seat in Alabama, but pick up seats in Colorado, Arizona, Iowa, Maine, and North Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Exactly! I've said this more than a few times: It's just as important, if not more important for Democrats to retake the Senate so Moscow Mitch won't block every damn bill that comes up for a vote.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Exactly! I've said this more than a few times: It's just as important, if not more important for Democrats to retake the Senate so Moscow Mitch won't block every damn bill that comes up for a vote.
    Just give the bills acronyms like the I LOVE AMERICA Act, and then bash it into the ground when he blocks it.

I'm only half joking. That would work to an extent.

One of my worries now is the likelihood of an "October surprise".
    To me, Biden seems a likely target for such a ploy.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe