Page 140 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 40901301361371381391401411421431441501902406401140 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 17573

The Dow Jones Index is down about 500 points this week so far.

not into this impeachment much, but is it true that the democrats blocked hunter biden from being questioned at this stage?
    and with the senate involved that would change?
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    not into this impeachment much, but is it true that the democrats blocked hunter biden from being questioned at this stage?
    Its kind of irrelevant frankly. Whether or not he's done **** is immaterial to the fact that Trump is leaning on nations to dig up info he can use which is hideously undemocratic, illegal and unconstitutional.

It's not that they blocked Hunter Biden. It's that the story that the Republican's are telling about him has been debunked a couple dozen times already, and thus there was no real reason to call him. That being said, I fully expect the Republicans in the Senate to turn this Impeachment into a public indictment of the Bidens (because a legal one would never fly) in an effort to deflect and distract.

The Hunter Biden crap flies in the face of actual, verifiable facts. The Ukraine prosecutor at the time wasn't investigating the company Hunter worked at, but preventing investigations from going forward. By removing him, Joe Biden wasn't protecting his son, but actually exposing him to potential risk.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    It's not that they blocked Hunter Biden. It's that the story that the Republican's are telling about him has been debunked a couple dozen times already, and thus there was no real reason to call him. That being said, I fully expect the Republicans in the Senate to turn this Impeachment into a public indictment of the Bidens (because a legal one would never fly) in an effort to deflect and distract.
    that seems like the logic way to go for them. it will turn into a dirty slugfest, so i wonder if the democrats will even dare taking that step. sounds like all the democrats energy that should be channeled into the win against trump in the next vote is channeled into humiliating him. doesnīt sound like a good plan. greets from europe
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Wow, Kamala Harris dropping out of Presidential race. Not all that happy about it.
    What would be the "Best Case Scenario..." for her staying in?

It would probably wind up being throwing a bunch of money into the fireplace.

that seems like the logic way to go for them. it will turn into a dirty slugfest, so i wonder if the democrats will even dare taking that step. sounds like all the democrats energy that should be channeled into the win against trump in the next vote is channeled into humiliating him. doesnīt sound like a good plan. greets from europe
    It's not intended to humiliate anyone. Impeachment is in the Constitution as a remedy for a President who commits acts that are illegal, unethical, and most of all pose a danger to the nation.

Think of it like a bank robbery, where there are lots of witnesses, and the evidence is clear as to who did it. Are police officers, arresting the criminal, only doing it to humiliate him? No, they are doing it because it is their job, it is the law, and it is in the public's interest to do so.

To not move forward with Impeachment makes the rule of law & the Constitution a farce, gives future Presidents the green light to do whatever they want, even at the expense of the nation.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    What would be the "Best Case Scenario..." for her staying in?

It would probably wind up being throwing a bunch of money into the fireplace.
    It's more of a shame that it turned out this way, since I felt that having her in the race was a good thing over all. It will be up to the political scholars and pundits to figure out what went wrong, but I agree that knowing when to back away isn't a bad thing.

It's more of a shame that it turned out this way, since I felt that having her in the race was a good thing over all. It will be up to the political scholars and pundits to figure out what went wrong, but I agree that knowing when to back away isn't a bad thing.
    Who needs them?

No one wanted Harris to be President(all right, maybe not "No One" but you get the picture). About as simple as that. It's not any more complicated than why Seth Moulton's campaign went wrong.

It's not intended to humiliate anyone. Impeachment is in the Constitution as a remedy for a President who commits acts that are illegal, unethical, and most of all pose a danger to the nation.

Think of it like a bank robbery, where there are lots of witnesses, and the evidence is clear as to who did it. Are police officers, arresting the criminal, only doing it to humiliate him? No, they are doing it because it is their job, it is the law, and it is in the public's interest to do so.

To not move forward with Impeachment makes the rule of law & the Constitution a farce, gives future Presidents the green light to do whatever they want, even at the expense of the nation.
    canīt they get him later? his term is in the last quarter and it seems like from across the ocean that the democrats are bundling their resources to take trump rather than winning the next election.
    sorry to be a doubting thomas, but bush2 reelected toke a serious toll on my faith in trusting the judgement of others
    Last edited by abulafia; 12-03-2019 at 03:09 PM.

canīt they get him later? his term is in the last quarter and it seems like from across the ocean that the democrats are bundling their resources to take trump rather than winning the next election.
    sorry to be a doubting thomas, but bush2 reelected toke a serious toll on my faith in trusting the judgement of others
    Impeachment and elections do not have the same source of funding. Plus, the hope is that by highlighting Trump's crimes and the level of complicity the Republican party has in it that it can be reflected on election day.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

This impeachment scandal is about him specifically trying to illegally influence the 2020 election via Ukraine, so what makes you think he's not going to do everything he thinks he can get away with to continue cheating? Don't forget, this is the guy who bragged about being able to shoot someone in the street and not lose any support.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Impeachment and elections do not have the same source of funding. Plus, the hope is that by highlighting Trump's crimes and the level of complicity the Republican party has in it that it can be reflected on election day.
    not funding, but momentum and focus. on the highlighting of crimes, me as a relative neutral that despises trump, the bidens look far worse in that particular case. from what i read in europe media, trump is said to have said that he would be pleased if selesnky could look into that matter. sounds diplomatic for trumpīs standards. and it is hearsay by so called biased staff. sounds like a field day for trump...
    sounds like it could backfire hard on the democrats hard, but all media outlets paint it as if trump is almost done. ainīt over till its over to quote another orange man, g. shumway
    Last edited by abulafia; 12-03-2019 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    This impeachment scandal is about him specifically trying to illegally influence the 2020 election via Ukraine, so what makes you think he's not going to do everything he thinks he can get away with to continue cheating? Don't forget, this is the guy who bragged about being able to shoot someone in the street and not lose any support.
    I was going to say something similar. Trump's biggest High Crime and Misdemeanor is trying to cheat in the next election. Those who say to let the election decide forget that Russia played a role in getting Trump elected, and that trump will do anything to win election no matter how illegal or unethical.